Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1296611 times)

Yada

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4080 on: September 29, 2021, 12:28:22 pm »
Hutch, is the side VIP entrance still functioning at the anthem?

Starsky

« Reply #4081 on: September 29, 2021, 12:32:35 pm »
Yes it is

Space Freely

« Reply #4082 on: September 29, 2021, 12:40:41 pm »
can we get a challanged vs yada show count (hobo rock and backyard shows count, kid's jazz-rock ensemble shows do not)

based on my rough estimates, I'm not even in the same league as challenged.... I'm at 11 in abnormal times.

22 total.
2 probably would be excluded if this were audited: a free show at brewery (although an original set, not cover), and another at a winery, where you had to pay, but it was more for access than for the band, and it was covers.

Vas has been to a bunch of shows too though, but is also wasting his nights out on comedy and musical theatre.

What is the starting point for this tally?

For those with kids still at home, does your partner give you grief about how often you are gone from the house/ the family?

Yada

« Reply #4083 on: September 29, 2021, 12:48:16 pm »
can we get a challanged vs yada show count (hobo rock and backyard shows count, kid's jazz-rock ensemble shows do not)

based on my rough estimates, I'm not even in the same league as challenged.... I'm at 11 in abnormal times.

22 total.
2 probably would be excluded if this were audited: a free show at brewery (although an original set, not cover), and another at a winery, where you had to pay, but it was more for access than for the band, and it was covers.

Vas has been to a bunch of shows too though, but is also wasting his nights out on comedy and musical theatre.

What is the starting point for this tally?

For those with kids still at home, does your partner give you grief about how often you are gone from the house/ the family?

My partner has been to all but one of the 11 that I've been to. But considering we've been together every day for approximately 19 months, no, she doesn't care if I do something without her.

« Reply #4084 on: September 29, 2021, 01:02:31 pm »
#everySINGLEtime
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4085 on: September 29, 2021, 01:13:33 pm »
#everySINGLEtime

Started the tally on 7/2 at a brewery show.
She has gone to 10 of these shows.
Empty nest, except for 2 cats.
Zero grief.

But, pre-panda I typically only made plans to go to weekend shows if they are with her/bands she would like. This rampant catch-up visionquest, manic, drown out the darkness, make up for lost time, thing I am doing now, has altered this, and, for example, I recently went out on a friday and saturday night without her - to Soccer Mommy and then Bob Mould Band. But, she did go to 3 shows that week. And that phenomenon is going to repeat itself this weekend. So, grief may be on the horizon.

Space Freely

« Reply #4086 on: September 29, 2021, 01:16:42 pm »
#everySINGLEtime

What percentage of the housework/childcare do you do and do both of you work full time? Do you think the grief is justified?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 01:18:34 pm by Space Freely »

Yada

« Reply #4087 on: September 29, 2021, 01:26:22 pm »
#everySINGLEtime

What percentage of the housework/childcare do you do and do both of you work full time? Do you think the grief is justified?

god damn space....

In reality, let's just say a show started at 9pm on the dot every time there's a show. Does your wife really care if you sneak out at 8:05pm to get there for show time. What else are you doing that night other than sitting on the couch staring at your phones?

Now if you were going out pre partying (which we know you don't do) and leaving at 5pm, that's one thing... but does it really matter? You're over 50 years old!!! This isn't a high school gilfriend. Smack your partner in the head for me.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4088 on: September 29, 2021, 01:33:19 pm »
#everySINGLEtime

god damn space....

In reality, let's just say a show started at 9pm on the dot every time there's a show. Does your wife really care if you sneak out at 8:05pm to get there for show time. What else are you doing that night other than sitting on the couch staring at your phones?

Now if you were going out pre partying (which we know you don't do) and leaving at 5pm, that's one thing... but does it really matter? You're over 50 years old!!! This isn't a high school gilfriend. Smack your partner in the head for me.

No violence, please.
But otherwise, agreed, at least for me, with no kids to corral/care for/educate, etc.

« Reply #4089 on: September 29, 2021, 01:33:42 pm »
#everySINGLEtime

I'd say 33/66,  I am FT, she is PT
Nope
slack

Yada

« Reply #4090 on: September 29, 2021, 02:00:38 pm »
#everySINGLEtime

god damn space....

No violence, please.
But otherwise, agreed, at least for me, with no kids to corral/care for/educate, etc.

it wasn't violence, more of a playful smack... maybe do it in her bucket instead of her head.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4091 on: September 29, 2021, 02:14:16 pm »
maybe do it in her bucket instead of her head.
I've done it in a young lady's bucket before -- not as thrilling as advertised.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #4092 on: September 29, 2021, 02:18:04 pm »

Take that bucket talk to the walky thread

Space Freely

« Reply #4093 on: September 29, 2021, 02:43:49 pm »

Agreed. There are better options.

Space Freely

« Reply #4094 on: September 29, 2021, 02:48:57 pm »
#everySINGLEtime

god damn space....

Thanks for you empathetic (?) words.  Of course there's more at play here and i won't type the boring details.. I feel like I deserve some grief received for some things, but not in the specific case of going to shows or anything else at 9pm, because we both have the option to go out at that time.

Though it's also heartening to learn that I'm not alone in receiving grief (Sidehatch.)