Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1296898 times)

Starsky

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4095 on: September 29, 2021, 03:02:40 pm »
Everybody’s life circumstances are different

But you don’t go that many shows brother and when you do you are responsible about it… fairly confident you don’t call home at 3 am drunk as a skunk needing help finding your wheels

You don’t deserve stick

Having said that, never walked a mile in your shoes

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4096 on: September 29, 2021, 03:15:58 pm »
maybe do it in her bucket instead of her head.
I've done it in a young lady's bucket before -- not as thrilling as advertised.

Take that bucket talk to the walky thread

a playful nickname i give my dog is "bucket".

thanks for ruining that.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #4097 on: September 29, 2021, 03:29:46 pm »
Everybody’s life circumstances are different

But you don’t go that many shows brother and when you do you are responsible about it… fairly confident you don’t call home at 3 am drunk as a skunk needing help finding your wheels

You don’t deserve stick

Having said that, never walked a mile in your shoes

This reminds me of the time that I went to a music festival that was held in a large field in Richmond by myself, leaving my car in a parking garage that closed a couple hours after the festival end time.

So I had maybe one beer at the festival (it was sponsored by Stone, so there beers aren't really worth paying money for), so was responsible in that regard. I moved around quite a bit during the festival, sometimes standing and sometime seated.

As the last band was doing their encore, I noticed that my keys were missing. I frantically tried to retrace every place I had been, but no keys. The band finished and everyone left, and I frantically retraced my steps, but still no keys. At that point, I went and tracked down the security and left them my info in case the keys showed up.

Then I got out my shitty little $40 cell phone that didn't have the internet and called home. I don't remember how much grief I got, but I'd say I deserved it. So we started to hash a plan...I think I was going to try to walk around downtown and try to find a hotel, she was going to drive a spare pair of keys to me the next morning...and as we're hashing out the plan and I'm still walking around in a semi-dark field looking for the needle in a haystack, I see something silver sticking out of the grass. My fucking keys.

K8teebug

« Reply #4098 on: September 30, 2021, 03:57:08 pm »
For those with kids still at home, does your partner give you grief about how often you are gone from the house/ the family?
#everySINGLEtime

What percentage of the housework/childcare do you do and do both of you work full time? Do you think the grief is justified?

god damn space....

In reality, let's just say a show started at 9pm on the dot every time there's a show. Does your wife really care if you sneak out at 8:05pm to get there for show time. What else are you doing that night other than sitting on the couch staring at your phones?

Now if you were going out pre partying (which we know you don't do) and leaving at 5pm, that's one thing... but does it really matter? You're over 50 years old!!! This isn't a high school gilfriend. Smack your partner in the head for me.

Thanks for you empathetic (?) words.  Of course there's more at play here and i won't type the boring details.. I feel like I deserve some grief received for some things, but not in the specific case of going to shows or anything else at 9pm, because we both have the option to go out at that time.

Though it's also heartening to learn that I'm not alone in receiving grief (Sidehatch.)

Most of the time, my husband doesn't want to go to the show. I went to three in September with friends. We will be there at IDLES together. No grief, and also don't have kids. (Pretty sure he was HAPPY not to go to IG/Ani and Kesha...)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4099 on: September 30, 2021, 04:04:26 pm »
Mrs diction has a track record of leaving shows early. REM, Paul McCartney, John Denver, Mountain Goats birthday show. We no longer go to shows together.

Starsky

« Reply #4100 on: September 30, 2021, 04:05:39 pm »
Yeah…you just can’t leave McCartney early…

« Reply #4101 on: September 30, 2021, 05:48:01 pm »
Mrs diction has a track record of leaving shows early. REM, Paul McCartney, John Denver, Mountain Goats birthday show. We no longer go to shows together.
yep...have had a few of those, really stopped brining ms hatch to shows about 5 years ago
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4102 on: September 30, 2021, 05:55:22 pm »

Challenged Rule 1: Don't bring people to shows that don't want to go to the shows! You will be miserable, trying to make sure that they are okay/having a good time, and then they will still want to leave early.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4103 on: October 01, 2021, 09:32:20 am »

Mac McCaughan at DC9 was way more fun than I thought it would be.

It was Mac on Guitar with Jim from Superchunk on Bass and Matt from The Mountain Goats on Keys and Sax. A wide range of songs from the new record, other solo work, Portastatic, Superchunk and even a Mag Fields and a Mekons cover. Some played with drum track, one with a drummer pullled from the crowd.

I liked this much better than the acoustic Mac and Jim thing. So much more energy with electric guitars and percussion involved virtual and real, and Matt's sax solo on Slack Motherfucker was sublime. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTUq_iOv2Qw       

75 Dollar Bill opened and were weird but cool rhythms and guitar. Basically one dude on guitar and two dudes on misc. percussion things. More of a groove and a vibe than a collection of songs.  :D

Space Freely

« Reply #4104 on: October 01, 2021, 11:34:49 am »

Mac McCaughan at DC9 was way more fun than I thought it would be.

It was Mac on Guitar with Jim from Superchunk on Bass and Matt from The Mountain Goats on Keys and Sax. A wide range of songs from the new record, other solo work, Portastatic, Superchunk and even a Mag Fields and a Mekons cover. Some played with drum track, one with a drummer pullled from the crowd.

I liked this much better than the acoustic Mac and Jim thing. So much more energy with electric guitars and percussion involved virtual and real, and Matt's sax solo on Slack Motherfucker was sublime. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTUq_iOv2Qw       

75 Dollar Bill opened and were weird but cool rhythms and guitar. Basically one dude on guitar and two dudes on misc. percussion things. More of a groove and a vibe than a collection of songs.  :D

So they carted a whole drum set to the show for one song, played by an audience member?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4105 on: October 01, 2021, 03:10:23 pm »
maybe the drum set was left over from the opening act?
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #4106 on: October 02, 2021, 04:01:26 am »

Best Phish related show I have seen in a while

I did not run into Yada but I had a blast working 3 floor

I thought it ended up being more like a phish show and second set was awesome ..at least on third floor people seemed to have a great time

And now I hit hay

Yada

« Reply #4107 on: October 02, 2021, 08:55:25 am »

Best Phish related show I have seen in a while

I did not run into Yada but I had a blast working 3 floor

I thought it ended up being more like a phish show and second set was awesome ..at least on third floor people seemed to have a great time

And now I hit hay

I concur. Wow...I'd venture to say that was better than any phish I saw this summer. Wowser.

I kept my eyes peeled but didn't spot hutch. I pretty much never left my SE spot.

Space Freely

« Reply #4108 on: October 03, 2021, 02:18:25 pm »
Man My Morning Jacket, Durand Jones, and Dr Dog was a great 1, 2, 3 punch for me. But Heartless Bastards took it to another level last night. Gotta Have Rock and Roll. Being five feet away from Erika didn't hurt. Union Stage my new favorite venue. Like Black Cat without all the issues. Always great thanks see a show with Vas, and to run into old friends from recent and ancient past.

Next show, Arlo Parks. Girl you got your workout out for you.

PS I 😘 ve DLR but he's a clown show compared to Erika.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4109 on: October 03, 2021, 06:43:38 pm »
Hopefully you didn't creep her out too much.

Man My Morning Jacket, Durand Jones, and Dr Dog was a great 1, 2, 3 punch for me. But Heartless Bastards took it to another level last night. Gotta Have Rock and Roll. Being five feet away from Erika didn't hurt. Union Stage my new favorite venue. Like Black Cat without all the issues. Always great thanks see a show with Vas, and to run into old friends from recent and ancient past.

Next show, Arlo Parks. Girl you got your workout out for you.

PS I 😘 ve DLR but he's a clown show compared to Erika.