Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1294735 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4785 on: January 21, 2023, 12:03:34 pm »
I was indeed at the amazing Lady Wray show, what a voice and so talented..

I was indeed masked up and made a swift exit. So probably it was moi, I’m a mystery wrapped in a enigma  :P
T.Rex

lily1

« Reply #4786 on: January 21, 2023, 12:34:05 pm »
I too was on the look out for Kosmo! If only to thank him for recommending the show a couple months ago in some other thread. I wasn’t familiar previously with the superb Lady Wray but bought a ticket and thoroughly enjoyed her performance.

Thanks Kosmo!

Starsky

« Reply #4787 on: January 21, 2023, 12:46:53 pm »
Who was that masked man?

Space Freely

« Reply #4788 on: January 21, 2023, 01:07:35 pm »
I haven't seen Kosmo im 20 years, but I think I saw him last night at the excellent Lady Wray/Brainstory show. I wasn't sure though, his pretty face was hidden behind a mask. What is it we're supposed to do in these situations? Approach the person and ask them if they know Kosmo? Anyway ,hey Kosmo. Hope you enjoyed the show. I turned around at the end, and you had split.
Didn’t we have a forum shibboleth at one time where we were supposed to ask someone “are you a fan of Kosmo vinyl” to identify other boardies? It was something Kosmo related.

Yeah, that was the line I was trying to think of.

Yada

« Reply #4789 on: January 21, 2023, 01:46:00 pm »
Has any other forumer seen and not talked to more forumers than Space? Seems to be a common occurrence.

Kosmo, thanks for doing your part to stop the spread.

Starsky

« Reply #4790 on: January 21, 2023, 02:48:32 pm »
It’s uncanny. If one didn’t know Space any better one would think he doesn’t want to meet other boardies and gets off on posting that he could have said hi but instead stared at us and elected to say nothing.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4791 on: January 21, 2023, 03:15:24 pm »
Has any other forumer seen and not talked to more forumers than Space? Seems to be a common occurrence.

I feel like this happened to me at Arlo Parks, but tbh, I wasn't sure it was Space.

Starsky

« Reply #4792 on: January 21, 2023, 03:42:35 pm »
Last year around March we had a dishwasher leak that necessitated calling a plumber. We ended up with a really good one and a nice guy to boot. He was into my records strewn haphazardly everywhere. Likable chap. He had to visit us three times.

Anyways a few weeks later where do I see him but at the CD Cellar. I am pretty sure it was him cause he has a particular way of talking. I didn’t say hello as I felt awkward about it and couldn’t remember his name. I was wearing some crazy hat so I doubt he recognized me.

I guess us boardies are just Space’s plumber.

Space Freely

« Reply #4793 on: January 21, 2023, 04:54:24 pm »

Or maybe I was on a date with my wife and didn't want to leave our standing space in the middle of a performance to talk to someone while the headliner was playing. And then he split before the show was over so there was no chance to even say hi.

I'm sure Kosmo didn't want maskless me breathing cooties on him anyway.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4794 on: January 21, 2023, 06:40:16 pm »
It’s uncanny. If one didn’t know Space any better one would think he doesn’t want to meet other boardies and gets off on posting that he could have said hi but instead stared at us and elected to say nothing.
The other side of this coin is Walkie who tells everyone he will see them at a show then deletes his account about a week out so no arrangements can be made. I think Yada is maybe the only person to **actually** meet him.
LVMH

« Reply #4795 on: January 21, 2023, 08:33:59 pm »
I think hutch met him
slack

Starsky

« Reply #4796 on: January 21, 2023, 09:01:03 pm »
I met him at 930 at hot chip. Really nice and personable gentleman. An unusually tall man of a good build sporting -as I recall - a flannel plaid shirt. We discussed strobe lights and he went on his merry way. A good man secure in his own skin bearing a slight resemblance to a comedian whose name I forget.

Jim Gaffigan
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 09:13:13 pm by Starsky »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4797 on: January 21, 2023, 09:18:28 pm »
I met him at 930 at hot chip. Really nice and personable gentleman. An unusually tall man of a good build sporting -as I recall - a flannel plaid shirt. We discussed strobe lights and he went on his merry way. A good man secure in his own skin bearing a slight resemblance to a comedian whose name I forget.

Jim Gaffigan
Good story.
LVMH

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4798 on: January 21, 2023, 10:32:51 pm »
I went to a Pearl Jam show in Baltimore with Kosmo on his extra ticket.  A fine time was had.  Great show!

Space Freely

« Reply #4799 on: February 05, 2023, 10:30:00 am »
Does it get any better than Coldplay on SNL last night? I think not.