Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1296627 times)

brennser

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4965 on: June 28, 2023, 11:25:40 am »
8. Jeff played "passenger side" because of brennser

This is true

And concur w Yada's other observations

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4966 on: June 28, 2023, 11:37:24 am »
5. It's unfortunate that there is an entire VIP section completely empty that could probably fit 50+ people in. Hey Seth!
The National in Richmond has a similar VIP balcony and sells annual memberships at $5k. I know Seth likely doesn't want to monetize this space but I have often wondered between being in a bigger city with more top-level earners and having more shows/higher quality acts, what he could charge for a one-year +1 to every show. Has to be high five-figures, yeah?
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #4967 on: June 28, 2023, 11:40:08 am »
8. Jeff played "passenger side" because of brennser

This is true

And concur w Yada's other observations

Legends always return!!!

Yada

« Reply #4968 on: June 28, 2023, 11:40:19 am »
5. It's unfortunate that there is an entire VIP section completely empty that could probably fit 50+ people in. Hey Seth!
The National in Richmond has a similar VIP balcony and sells annual memberships at $5k. I know Seth likely doesn't want to monetize this space but I have often wondered between being in a bigger city with more top-level earners and having more shows/higher quality acts, what he could charge for a one-year +1 to every show. Has to be high five-figures, yeah?

Following....

« Reply #4969 on: June 28, 2023, 12:10:45 pm »
radio king!  I really think the stuff golden smog was great
I like to see Mew Madrid, Box and Passenger side making the set lists

Did see he was doing We've Been Had too on this tour

I feel like he listened to yada and didn't play California stars, just for him
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 12:18:33 pm by SideH@tchıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #4970 on: June 28, 2023, 12:20:28 pm »
I know Seth likely doesn't want to monetize this space

LOLOLOL
😐 🎶

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4971 on: June 28, 2023, 12:24:35 pm »

LOLOLOL
Yeah, that was poorly worded. I simply meant he obviously is aware this is something people would pay for and yet he is not (at least openly) selling this access.
LVMH

Hutch

« Reply #4972 on: June 28, 2023, 12:33:55 pm »
I hate to say this but I think it may feel more crowded at Wilco or Tweedy GA shows due to higher average BMI of attendees. It can make a big difference.

Yada

« Reply #4973 on: June 28, 2023, 12:37:43 pm »
I hate to say this but I think it may feel more crowded at Wilco or Tweedy GA shows due to higher average BMI of attendees. It can make a big difference.

Oh yeah... the amount of balding pears there were through the roof.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4974 on: June 28, 2023, 01:01:14 pm »

LOLOLOL

I know some FWB/boardies who would be willing to fill these seats to avoid the perception that there aren't any VIPs at the show.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4975 on: June 28, 2023, 01:57:42 pm »
saw Sloan live for the first time in over a decade, last time was when they were doing all of my most favorite Sloan record "Twice Removed"

first time at Union Stage, it's nice venue and easy to get to from the metro

Played about two hours in total as they did two sets with a short break in between...  we got all of the one "Steady" spread through the set, no complaints here as it's of their most recent albums it's my favorite, they were also highlighting songs from "Never Hear the End of It"

lead vocals at time were a bit iffy, but they do harmonies so well.they were rocking instrumentally... as always would prefer to hear more Jay and Patrick songs as I can never quite get into the Andrew sets... Andrew's songs done in the studio are fine, but live they just don't work for me... oh well it's kind of amazing that a band with four songwriters is still some how working together 30+ years on.

they have some nifty segues where they go right into the second song so  you get "Losing California" into "Penpals" towards the end of the set and the encore has "Flying High Again" and "Who Taught You To Live Like That?"

for the final two songs of the second set, they brought up a kid to play "Coax Me" and for then Chris's 15 year old song played drums on Underwhelmed
T.Rex

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #4976 on: June 28, 2023, 02:14:25 pm »

cf. The Cure @ MPP
😐 🎶

Hutch

« Reply #4977 on: June 28, 2023, 04:01:59 pm »

LOLOLOL

I know some FWB/boardies who would be willing to fill these seats to avoid the perception that there aren't any VIPs at the show.

+1!!

bearman🐻

« Reply #4978 on: June 28, 2023, 04:08:38 pm »

cf. The Cure @ MPP

I can attest that some sold out shows are a squeeze because a) more dudes, b) more older dudes, and c) more of us who are a far cry from the size 31" waist we possessed at the age of 16. I remember seeing a Dinosaur Jr. show were clearly all of us needed to be on Weight Watchers.

Hutch

« Reply #4979 on: June 28, 2023, 05:11:27 pm »
In the future ticket prices will vary based on BMI….following the lead of airplanes!!

:)