Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1821477 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #5535 on: September 13, 2024, 11:30:28 am »
my scatterbrain thoughts on Pearl Jam

for many reasons a Pearl Jam show makes me irrationally happy/exuberant, last night was no different and Eddie was clearly in a jovial mood

It's been 11 years since my last PJ show which I rocked out at along with Cock Van Der Palm

As with any PJ show the setlist will be a wild card, they of course have some crowd pleasures in most show. 

Last night they opened "Can't Keep" a song they haven't played live since 2014.  We got a bunch of songs from Ten, although i feel at this point Vs. is actually the better of the two. 

My highlights were the one two punches of "Given To Fly" and "Corduroy" and in the encore "Spin The Black Circle" and "Sonic Reducer"   Didn't expect STBC so was bouncing around like an idiot during that one.  Always nice to hear "Do The Evolution" as well.

hopefully it won't be another 11 between shows
T.Rex

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #5536 on: September 13, 2024, 11:43:50 am »
For Hutch-
Pearl Jam in Baltimore
Ok...I'm not a crazed Pearl Jam fan and I'm not familiar with their entire catalogue, but I know most of it.  And although I'm not listening to PJ on a frequent basis, I do love me some live Pearl Jam.  This was only my 3rd PJ concert (the 1st being with Kosmo at 1st ever Baltimore show in 2013).  Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the show.  I think Eddie Vedder is the ultimate front man, and his voice was top notch last night in my opinion (even though he apparently is a chronic smoker). I thought they did a nice job mixing new songs - only played 4 off new album- with some deeper cuts and the classics (playing six cuts off Ten).  Would I have liked to hear some other songs?  Of course but with such a deep catalogue they can't play everything.  The band is very tight as they should be after such a long career together.  Mike McCready is such an effortless guitar virtuoso, and Jeff Ament lays down a very melodic bass that really rises above to be heard. 
Anyway great show, not quite as good as my Philly "Ten" show
pre-covid but I was 2 people deep from the stage on that show.  BTW that Philly Ten show is on video on Nugs, and yes I am featured on some of the crowd shots on that show video (maybe not featured, but I get screen time). 
Was hoping Springsteen would've showed up for a song or two but that didn't happen.  Apparently the setlist had Growing Up (eddie solo) on it but it was dropped for some reason. Maybe Eddie shows up for Bruce tonight.

So in a nutshell great fun PJ show.  Hope to see them again, hopefully tickets won't be such a struggle to get.

Setlist:
Can't Keep (tour debut; first time since 2014)
Present Tense
Given to Fly
Corduroy
React, Respond
Dark Matter
Tremor Christ
Wreckage
Unthought Known
Stranglehold (Ted Nugent cover) (tour debut; partial)
Even Flow
Daughter
(with Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 2" tag)
Deep
Upper Hand
Do the Evolution
Jeremy
Lukin
Porch
Encore:
Falling Slowly
(The Swell Season cover) (with Glen Hansard)
Black
Spin the Black Circle
Sonic Reducer (Dead Boys cover)
Alive
Baba O'Riley(The Who cover)
Yellow Ledbetter

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #5537 on: September 13, 2024, 11:45:46 am »
Kosmo - agree...would've loved more Vs. songs.

hutch

« Reply #5538 on: September 13, 2024, 12:15:58 pm »
Thank you guys! I needed to know. Interesting set list

« Reply #5539 on: September 13, 2024, 01:34:50 pm »
was looking through some fan shots of the show ...and lo and behold
slack

hutch

« Reply #5540 on: September 13, 2024, 02:14:02 pm »
Nice find!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5541 on: September 13, 2024, 02:28:24 pm »
uh that would be Eddie and Glen prior to their duet

the only facial hair here is when i don't shave for several days.. also no cargo shorts or lanyards

T.Rex

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #5542 on: September 13, 2024, 02:40:34 pm »
well that is definitely me in my Sunday bests, including the name tag.

uh that would be Eddie and Glen prior to their duet

the only facial hair here is when i don't shave for several days.. also no cargo shorts or lanyards

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5543 on: September 13, 2024, 11:24:42 pm »
Have friends at the Jane’s addiction show in Boston tonite. Perry sucker punched Dave and had to be carried off the stage. Dude needs in rehab immediately.
LVMH

« Reply #5544 on: September 13, 2024, 11:27:49 pm »
Have friends at the Jane’s addiction show in Boston tonite. Perry sucker punched Dave and had to be carried off the stage. Dude needs in rehab immediately.
damn
https://x.com/jambase/status/1834792652098724251?s=46&t=jcACWCl5JrMz2nxLe-LAMw

I feel bad for love and rockets
slack

hutch

« Reply #5545 on: September 14, 2024, 12:32:03 am »
That sucks…Perry is one weird dude

bearman🐻

« Reply #5547 on: September 14, 2024, 11:10:19 am »
Haven’t seen too much banter on PJ Harvey but saw last night at the Met in Philly. I know I’m just one opinion, but holy hell. That was exceptional. Beyond anything I’ve seen her do before, and I’ve seen her a handful of times…she’s always great but this was next level. The sound, delivery, and care put into this show was truly special. An A+.

hutch

« Reply #5548 on: September 17, 2024, 10:48:49 pm »
Man I just loved Ringo tonight…everyone walked out with big smiles. I hope when I am 84 I am in half as good a shape as Ringo!!the songs that were interesting were Matchbox, It don’t come easy, Boys, Submarine, Octopus, I wanna be your man, Photograph and With a little lp….rest seemed to be Toto songs, Men at work

The only two Beatles I have seen are Pete Best and Ringo Starr.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #5549 on: September 17, 2024, 11:00:52 pm »
No Back Off Boogaloo?  :(
😐 🎶