Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268135 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #225 on: September 12, 2012, 02:58:28 am »
Are people really bitching about feedback at a Jesus and Mary Chain show? I always thought feedback was just something that you got with them.

I kept wondering too about this. With JAMC, there is supposed to be feedback. Lots of feedback. Then again, there is good feedback and bad feedback so I wasn't so sure what everyone was talking about.

azaghal1981

« Reply #226 on: September 12, 2012, 07:15:37 am »
I have been doing this long enough to tell the difference and this feedback was what one expected.
احمد

nkotb

« Reply #227 on: September 12, 2012, 08:37:02 am »
I'm a swinging bachelor this week so I'm getting a little crazy*.  Caught JAMC but I already chimed in there.  I was out of town over the weekend, so I missed the Bob Mould show, but decided to drive up to Philly last night to see it.  Killer stuff...those guys seemed like they were having the time of their lives up there.  And I never thought I'd say this, given how much I dig Husker Du, but man, that Copper Blue set blew the few Husker songs he played away.  And the new album sounds killer...not sure why I never bothered with his actual solo stuff, but I'll need to check the new one out.

* Translation: watching pro-wrestling and sleeping through the night.

killsaly

« Reply #228 on: September 12, 2012, 03:58:25 pm »
* Translation: watching pro-wrestling
WWE or other? Ive recently got into RoH.  RoH led me to Chikara and PWG and the rest of the indy scene and I have to say, production values aside, all of those promotions kill WWE in the actual wrestling department.  I also started watching TNA, which I found to be an OK alternative to WWE, with better wrestling, but definitely not as good story-wise. 

James Ford

« Reply #229 on: September 12, 2012, 04:06:42 pm »
Sounds like you're a swingin bachelor 365 days a year!

WWE or other? Ive recently got into RoH.  RoH led me to Chikara and PWG and the rest of the indy scene and I have to say, production values aside, all of those promotions kill WWE in the actual wrestling department.  I also started watching TNA, which I found to be an OK alternative to WWE, with better wrestling, but definitely not as good story-wise. 

nkotb

« Reply #230 on: September 12, 2012, 04:07:13 pm »
Mostly just WWE.  I have the free online subscription to RoH, and desperately want to start watching a bit more, but man, it's tough with kids/wife/dog/job/etc.  I barely have enough time to stay healthy, let alone sitting around watching dudes punch each other.  

killsaly

« Reply #231 on: September 12, 2012, 04:25:39 pm »
You would think so!

Unfortunately for your analysis of my personal life based upon what I like to do with some of my free time, you are wrong.  Im not a bachelor.  Been in a healthy committed relationship for almost three years now.

Mostly just WWE.  I have the free online subscription to RoH, and desperately want to start watching a bit more, but man, it's tough with kids/wife/dog/job/etc.  I barely have enough time to stay healthy, let alone sitting around watching dudes punch each other.
I know the feeling., but I still am able to keep up with the TV stuff late night.

James Ford

« Reply #232 on: September 12, 2012, 04:30:09 pm »
Do you get her Christmas gifts at Petsmart, or Petco?

;D

You would think so!

Unfortunately for your analysis of my personal life based upon what I like to do with some of my free time, you are wrong.  Im not a bachelor.  Been in a healthy committed relationship for almost three years now.

atomicfront

« Reply #233 on: September 13, 2012, 12:34:09 am »
I have been doing this long enough to tell the difference and this feedback was what one expected.

Whatever I saw them when they played their first show in DC and it sounded nothing like the mess the other night.  Band who's time has past playing a sloppy show that was way too loud. Why are we still talking about this?  Did anyone see the Amanda Palmer show tonight?  I wanted to go but coudln't make it. 

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #234 on: September 13, 2012, 01:31:21 am »
Was Christo with The Vandelles? Blonde guy who plays the Jazzmaster. Or was it just Jason with the 2 girls?

Curious because Christo is also a member of Dead Leaf Echo and think he may be touring with them.

hutch

« Reply #235 on: September 14, 2012, 10:21:01 am »
I know many will not believe me but the J Geils Band tore the roof off the Fillmore in Silver Spring so expect cancellations of upcoming shows at the venue.

They had a three piece horn section, two backing singers.. the works.. Peter Wolf was a maniac as was Magic Dick.

Set list was about 28 songs!

Thumbs down to the shit-pie venue for adding a lame folkie/downer opener at the last minute and not telling anyone.. could have spent that hour partying somewhere instead of sitting on my hands booing this clown. You could not have had a worse fit for an opener than this guy.

I guess when shows don't sell that well they add seats on the floor to make it looked more filled up? In any case everybody stood the entire show so it was really silly.

Bagley

« Reply #236 on: September 14, 2012, 10:29:07 am »
anybody check out Ariel Pink last night?

Yada

« Reply #237 on: September 22, 2012, 04:19:03 pm »
The Bahamas show was awesome... Gotta say I love Iota, haven't been in a damn long time. Great beer selection, not crowded, good stuff.

mekmad

« Reply #238 on: September 22, 2012, 09:36:53 pm »
I don't really know anything about the J Geils band but I think I read that J Geils isn't even in the J Geils band anymore.  That doesn't seem right..  Like the Jimi Hendrix experience touring without Jimi..

hutch

« Reply #239 on: September 22, 2012, 09:56:40 pm »
I don't really know anything about the J Geils band but I think I read that J Geils isn't even in the J Geils band anymore.  That doesn't seem right..  Like the Jimi Hendrix experience touring without Jimi..

yeah some people feel that way..its complicated

j geis has never written or sung any j geils band song... he trademarked the name last year going behind the band's back.. then they said they wanted to tour and he said he didn't...when they  went ahead with their tour he sued..very strange... but the geils band- name notwithstanding- has always been peter wolf/seth justman and magic dick more than geils.. it was a bummer he wasn't there though.. ain't going to lie..

i just don't put that much stock in the name..more on the experience....but do i think i saw the j geils band even though there was no j geils? yeah i do... as strange as it is... a unique case.