Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268666 times)

gaaaaaaaaah

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #240 on: September 23, 2012, 12:30:39 am »
why's the band named after him then? seems odd to have a name like the j geils band if j geils didnt sing or write the songs

wml7

« Reply #241 on: September 23, 2012, 08:55:29 am »
Is that the band that sings angel is centerfold and only hit they had with j geils actually singing the song?
 ;D

hutch

« Reply #242 on: September 23, 2012, 10:43:25 am »
why's the band named after him then? seems odd to have a name like the j geils band if j geils didnt sing or write the songs

good question... maybe I'll look into it.. as big a fan I am I have no idea how the bad got started or why they are named J Geils Band

stevewizzle

« Reply #243 on: September 23, 2012, 08:39:18 pm »
The Bahamas show was awesome... Gotta say I love Iota, haven't been in a damn long time. Great beer selection, not crowded, good stuff.

great show. crazy it was like a turnout of maybe 75 people.  feel like he's got something good going on.

Yada

« Reply #244 on: September 24, 2012, 12:45:35 pm »
Matthew E. White show was awesome at the Blowtel. Hopefully won't be back to that venue though for another few years. Worst sound EVER.

K8teebug

« Reply #245 on: September 27, 2012, 10:59:41 am »
http://soundcloud.com/idealforms

Recorded songs from the band who opened for Corin Tucker last night, Ideal Forms.  I really enjoyed them!

hutch

« Reply #246 on: September 27, 2012, 11:01:09 am »
what about the wallflowers??? come on people.come clean.

K8teebug

« Reply #247 on: September 27, 2012, 11:12:05 am »
Corin Tucker made fun of them.  That's all I know.

hutch

« Reply #248 on: September 27, 2012, 11:19:11 am »

you didn't look for jakob??? even though he was in the same club????

James Ford

« Reply #249 on: September 27, 2012, 11:28:11 am »
I'll take his mediocre voice and dull songs over her awful voice anyday.  ;D

hutch

« Reply #250 on: September 27, 2012, 11:29:56 am »
I love Corin Tucker and of course Jakob Dylan but you gotta wonder about Corin Tucker when her two bandmates basically continue to tour without her in Wild Flag.. it would seem they just don't like her very much...

K8teebug

« Reply #251 on: September 27, 2012, 11:42:10 am »
She was on Portlandia.  I think they just wanted to do other things for a while.  She even filmed the first few webisodes of it for them.

I could give a crap about the Wallflowers.  sorry.

James Ford

« Reply #252 on: September 27, 2012, 11:43:11 am »
Along those same lines, one had to wonder how much of a dick Jay Farrar must have been for the other members of Uncle Tupelo to follow Jeff Tweedy after they broke up.

Following Uncle Tupelo's final tour, Tweedy encouraged his bandmates to join him in a new group, while Farrar searched for members for a band of his own. Tweedy was able to retain the rest of the Uncle Tupelo lineup, and created Wilco.
I love Corin Tucker and of course Jakob Dylan but you gotta wonder about Corin Tucker when her two bandmates basically continue to tour without her in Wild Flag.. it would seem they just don't like her very much...

hutch

« Reply #253 on: September 27, 2012, 11:46:35 am »
Along those same lines, one had to wonder how much of a dick Jay Farrar must have been for the other members of Uncle Tupelo to follow Jeff Tweedy after they broke up.

Following Uncle Tupelo's final tour, Tweedy encouraged his bandmates to join him in a new group, while Farrar searched for members for a band of his own. Tweedy was able to retain the rest of the Uncle Tupelo lineup, and created Wilco.

oh I don't know... I'm a farrar man myself....didn't one or two tupelo guys stick with farrar

i think the record is pretty clear on tweedy being a dick.... the jay bennett (RIP) story is all i need to know.

Darth Ed

« Reply #254 on: September 27, 2012, 03:01:12 pm »
She was on Portlandia.  I think they just wanted to do other things for a while.  She even filmed the first few webisodes of it for them.

I was shocked when I arrived at the Corin Tucker Band show last night, and Corin was working the merch table before the show. My friend and I chatted with her for a solid half hour before the show started. She was very nice and autographed the CD I bought. I almost never get to shows early, but I'm glad I did last night. We were like don't you have minions to work the mech table for you? And she said, well, they're busy getting the equipment ready and really working the merch table is the easiest job in the band, so she didn't mind at all. She talked about her kids and fitting touring in with family life. We asked when she'd be on Portlandia again, snd she said no plans for it, but it's usually happens spontaneously, without any warning. They just call her up and ask her to come over to film a few scenes and they kind of make up the script at the time. I wanted to tell her than the last Sleater-Kinney show at the 9:30 Club was one of the top 3 best shows I've ever seen, but I didn't want to imply any comparisons with her current band, so I kept that to myself.

I thought it was a fantastic show! Both Ms. Tucker and her voice were/are very lovely, IMHO.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:16:38 pm by Darth Ed »