Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268280 times)

hutch

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #300 on: November 07, 2012, 04:56:58 pm »
It's like watching two handicapped people, who fell out of their wheelchairs, wrestle awkwardly on the ground.

sadist  :D

atomicfront

« Reply #301 on: November 07, 2012, 05:42:33 pm »
GET OFF MY LAWN KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure the average age of a person at a neil young or bruce springsteen or any of the other out of date music you love is much older than me. 

I don't even like Neil Young dude.. I did think Living with war was pretty ballsy and I own it.

Thing is I can recognize talent without having to like it.. I don't have to think that because I don't like it that it sucks or something...

THAT's the difference between you and me you see....well at least one of them...

difference between me and you is that you continue to like artists after they stop putting out good music.  You probably have the same hairstyle you had in highschool too.

Well I do have the same hair.. see I'm not balding. another difference between you and me.

If an artist gets older I don't say "Oh they're older so they must suck now" like you do.. I give the music a chance... if it works it works....irrespective of age.

Actually I saw Pete Seeger perform at 92 and he was pretty awesome.  But when I saw Neil Young a few years back and he sucked.    I guess there is also a difference between the two.  Pete is playing for the audience.  Neil is playing for himself.

atomicfront

« Reply #302 on: November 07, 2012, 05:44:22 pm »

I am sure the average age of a person at a neil young or bruce springsteen or any of the other out of date music you love is much older than me. 

I don't even like Neil Young dude.. I did think Living with war was pretty ballsy and I own it.

Thing is I can recognize talent without having to like it.. I don't have to think that because I don't like it that it sucks or something...

THAT's the difference between you and me you see....well at least one of them...

difference between me and you is that you continue to like artists after they stop putting out good music.  You probably have the same hairstyle you had in highschool too.

Well I do have the same hair.. see I'm not balding. another difference between you and me.

If an artist gets older I don't say "Oh they're older so they must suck now" like you do.. I give the music a chance... if it works it works....irrespective of age.

Oh you have no idea about my hair.  But let me guess about you.  You are about 5' 6" and have dark hair and are portly.

hutch

« Reply #303 on: November 07, 2012, 05:47:52 pm »

Oh you have no idea about my hair.  But let me guess about you.  You are about 5' 6" and have dark hair and are portly.

I've posted a picture of myself on this forum, baldie....so I ain't just saying you're full of shit.

You're full of shit.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #304 on: November 07, 2012, 05:49:24 pm »
you did hutch?

i bet you are hot.

yeah . . . fucking hottt.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #305 on: November 07, 2012, 06:02:28 pm »
Some of you people are dicks.

atomicfront

« Reply #306 on: November 07, 2012, 06:15:35 pm »

I've posted a picture of myself on this forum, baldie....so I ain't just saying you're full of shit.

You're full of shit.

link or it isn't true. and i am not bald i have long hair dipshit. 

Yada

« Reply #307 on: November 07, 2012, 06:21:07 pm »
from atomicfront's facebook page

atomicfront

« Reply #308 on: November 07, 2012, 06:40:53 pm »
from atomicfront's facebook page

Actually I like that tough guy look.  But I am a blonde. 

Here is a better photo of the dude:

stevewizzle

« Reply #309 on: November 10, 2012, 11:53:52 am »
gary clark jr last night...

holy shit.

azaghal1981

« Reply #310 on: November 10, 2012, 04:46:55 pm »
So the Neil Young thing started here. Yada, in case you missed it in the MBV thread, my bad. The reference definitely went way over my head because this is my first time opening this thread in almost a month.

Eternal Summers last night were very good. The new stuff was both noisy and poppy. They played all the highlights from the most recent album as well. They will sound so huge at 930 when they open for Nada Surf. Fang Island were not my bag but were still enjoyable. Too much of that Andrew W.K. vibe for me to really get into them. Sun Club were alright but their influences were entirely too obvious. And those WVAU kids know how to efficiently run a gig. This was my second show at AU and second time being thoroughly impressed. They do a better job than most DIY spots and some clubs (Blowtel and Velvet in particular). They also used an excellent sounding room last night.
احمد

Relaxer

« Reply #311 on: November 10, 2012, 07:39:42 pm »
Well I am now interested in Fang Island and am going to check out their stuff.
oword

wml7

« Reply #312 on: November 11, 2012, 12:44:59 am »
Pretty interesting place for The Joy Formidable show tonight.  The sound was pretty good and no drunk frat bros crowd surfing.  I had to snort a line of coke off the floor before I left.  The metro ride is longer then the show with all the construction going on.
 ;D

Yada

« Reply #313 on: December 03, 2012, 04:22:05 pm »
The Neil Young show had about as much energy as a rest home pizza party (this should give atomicfront some good ammo).  Other than the folks on the floor, I think the entire building was sitting.

The band was good, but I think half the folks there were expecting Neil with an acoustic and a harmonica, not a show where the average song length was 12 minutes.

I'll put the Patriot Center up there with DAR as another place I never want to visit again.

Did anyone check out Gener aka Aaron Freeman?

atomicfront

« Reply #314 on: December 03, 2012, 04:46:16 pm »
The Neil Young show had about as much energy as a rest home pizza party (this should give atomicfront some good ammo).  Other than the folks on the floor, I think the entire building was sitting.

The band was good, but I think half the folks there were expecting Neil with an acoustic and a harmonica, not a show where the average song length was 12 minutes.

I'll put the Patriot Center up there with DAR as another place I never want to visit again.

Did anyone check out Gener aka Aaron Freeman?

I did see the Patti Smith show on Saturday Night and the crowd was composed mostly of AARP members.  Suprisingly it was my wife who wanted to go and she is 13 years younger than me.  So go figure. Anyway the show wasn't bad.  They played pretty well for a nostalgia act.  And after the previous nostalgia acts I had seen (Jesus and mary chain + sisters of mercy) i wasn't expecting much.  The old folks there did seem to get into it.  So not really complaining about the crowd.

I probably only knew 5 or 6 songs that she did as I only have the albums from the 70's but the crowd seemed to know most of her setlist.