Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268295 times)

Yada

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #316 on: February 01, 2013, 01:34:45 pm »
lol@lumineers

The Lumineers: More boring than rousing

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/music/the-lumineers-more-boring-than-rousing/2013/01/31/e8dbdf9e-6b95-11e2-ada0-5ca5fa7ebe79_story.html

Classic:

"His drumming (uninventive) and his demeanor (needy) signaled a man averse to risk ? a hunch all but confirmed by the fact that he wore suspenders and a belt."

A pretty rough review.

vansmack

« Reply #317 on: February 01, 2013, 02:22:10 pm »
I only care about what David Malitz has to say about DC shows.
27>34

azaghal1981

« Reply #318 on: February 01, 2013, 04:46:22 pm »
How great was that Ty Segall/Ex-Cult/Roomrunner gig?

Took me a little while to get into Ex-Cult but I did enjoy the second half of the set.
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #319 on: February 01, 2013, 05:16:05 pm »
The Quicksand show was a lot of fun.  The band sounded great, I finally got to hang with Joe, and for most of the time I had a good view.  The center was way into slam dancing, and for some reason it was a bunch of huge dudes, and I got on the edge somehow.  I only watched half the show up there until i was punched, shoved and kicked way too much.  I watched a song from the back, one from the side, and then was able to make my way back up front for the last 20 minutes of their 90 minute set.  A++++++ Ive been a huge fan since I randomly discovered them 20 or so years ago, and I was glad I was finally able to see them.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #320 on: February 04, 2013, 11:12:01 am »
lol@lumineers

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/music/the-lumineers-more-boring-than-rousing/2013/01/31/e8dbdf9e-6b95-11e2-ada0-5ca5fa7ebe79_story.html

"We lust after bands playing old-timey instruments the same way we lust after vintage clothing, craft beer and exposed-filament light bulbs."

i resent having craft beer associated in any way with that band.
<sig>

atomicfront

« Reply #321 on: February 04, 2013, 11:38:27 am »
lol@lumineers

"We lust after bands playing old-timey instruments the same way we lust after vintage clothing, craft beer and exposed-filament light bulbs."

i resent having craft beer associated in any way with that band.

You are lame.  And this is the post-show banter thread.  Pretty hard to have post show banter about a show you didn't even attend.   
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 11:40:14 am by atomicfront »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #322 on: February 04, 2013, 11:51:19 am »
You are lame.  And this is the post-show banter thread.  Pretty hard to have post show banter about a show you didn't even attend.  

aww, is lil' atomicfrontie mad because someone insulted his fav band in the whole wide world?  there there... <pats on head>  you just ignore those big mean ol' meanies...

(p.s. if relevance and knowledge were prerequisites for posting in a thread, your post count would be zero).
<sig>

atomicfront

« Reply #323 on: February 04, 2013, 12:50:24 pm »

aww, is lil' atomicfrontie mad because someone insulted his fav band in the whole wide world?  there there... <pats on head>  you just ignore those big mean ol' meanies...

(p.s. if relevance and knowledge were prerequisites for posting in a thread, your post count would be zero).

They aren't my favorite band. Not even in my top 50.  But the fact that you have a bunch of morons on this threads reviewing a show they didn't attend is beyond stupid.  Ok we know pitchfork didn't give them a good review so you don't like them.  But geez do you have to go on and on about it.  We get it.  You were never popular in your life so you take it out on things that are popular. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #324 on: February 04, 2013, 12:53:59 pm »
But the fact that you have a bunch of morons on this threads reviewing a show they didn't attend is beyond stupid. 

since reading comprehension isn't your forte, i'll give you some help: i didn't review the show.  i commented about the association made with craft beer.  t'was an on-topic jab.   you're welcome.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #325 on: February 04, 2013, 01:00:32 pm »
I heard a Lumineers song on the radio yesterday.. it was absolutely craptastic.... like bad Dave Matthews and Dave Matthews is pretty bad..

I dont think it was their "hit" as it didn't have a hey ho or what have you part... the lyrics were something like "I need you" or some crap like that...I put it out of mind

when they were done playing it the DJ did a plug for Merriwether show...probably  paid for by IMP.

hutch

« Reply #326 on: February 04, 2013, 01:15:02 pm »
holy fuck.. i just looked up on google and i guess that was their big hit... it didn't' go i need you i guess but i belong to you..

horrible.

azaghal1981

« Reply #327 on: February 04, 2013, 01:16:25 pm »
Goddamnit is every thread an argument with Atomicfront now?
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #328 on: February 04, 2013, 01:20:35 pm »
I usually ignore him.  I made the mistake of replying to him once.  Never again.

hutch

« Reply #329 on: February 04, 2013, 01:29:21 pm »
I've largely ignored him for the past few weeks..unfortunately him and ratbastard are killing this forum for me.