Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268713 times)

DotTheEyes

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #435 on: October 01, 2013, 10:20:00 am »
Did anyone else see Atoms for Peace last night?  I thought it was a fantastic show.  A real treat to hear songs from The Eraser, such as "Black Swan" and "Harrowdown Hill," given the muscular full-band treatment.

Yada

« Reply #436 on: October 09, 2013, 01:36:17 pm »
I saw Orquesta Buena Vista Social Club and thought it was great... I hope hutch doesn't get too upset about this. 

Relaxer

« Reply #437 on: October 09, 2013, 04:13:25 pm »
Did anyone else see Atoms for Peace last night?  I thought it was a fantastic show.  A real treat to hear songs from The Eraser, such as "Black Swan" and "Harrowdown Hill," given the muscular full-band treatment.

Here is a killer soundboard recording of an Atoms show from this summer, with a very similar setlist
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #438 on: October 10, 2013, 01:09:51 am »
barf me out.

is that some new sexual maneuver i'm not aware of?

"my hot date with Steve ended up with us back at his place... things got hot and heavy, he totally barfed me out".
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #439 on: October 10, 2013, 04:24:55 am »

I've seen them for their first four shows of the tour.  Austin City Limits in my opinion was the best of the four.  So powerful sounding and the bass was awesome.  Also ACL is hell of a festival, what a great city.

;D

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #440 on: October 10, 2013, 07:56:54 am »
I meant to post this earlier in the week, but it was great to see Middle Distance Runner out playing live again.  Really enjoyed their new material, but wished they had done more than 45 minutes because they didn't dig enough into their back catalog.  Bu t I think they were bumping up against the late night event, so couldn't play longer. 

What I've always enjoyed about this band is their ability to combine short toe tapping/make people shimmy and shake songs, with epic set ending wall of sound songs.  They definitely deserve wider recognition outside of DC.
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #441 on: October 10, 2013, 08:49:49 am »
barf me out.

is that some new sexual maneuver i'm not aware of?

"my hot date with Steve ended up with us back at his place... things got hot and heavy, he totally barfed me out".

It's when you eat someone's ass and get a little bit of a toilet paper ball in your mouth, "barf me out."

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #442 on: October 10, 2013, 09:26:43 am »
jesus . . . h . . . christ

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #443 on: October 10, 2013, 09:34:43 am »
I've had to say this once since I've been back: when I am the person telling you you've blown right past common decency, you need to take a step back and think about that.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #444 on: October 10, 2013, 09:53:11 am »
I've had to say this once since I've been back: when I am the person telling you you've blown right past common decency, you need to take a step back and think about that.

I take it you've had a few toilet paper balls in your day, eh?

atomic

« Reply #445 on: October 10, 2013, 11:16:37 am »
There were a bunch of 6'5 and 6'6" guys at Junip last night.  Same thing happened at Deer Tick to a lesser degree.  Suddenly I feel small.   Is this the future am I going to have look up to other dudes?  I really don't like this.  I feel emasculated. Maybe I should buy a gun.

reggie

« Reply #446 on: October 10, 2013, 11:55:35 pm »
opening night of Benzten Ball was great. Some doofus yelled "rape apologist" during Wyatt's set and it made no sense at all. Doug Benson and Tig were both awesome. The MC they used has room for improvement though.

« Reply #447 on: October 12, 2013, 01:21:38 pm »
How was NMH last night? I'm psyched for tonite. Trying to avoid looking at a setlist.
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #448 on: October 12, 2013, 03:16:56 pm »
I was going to post a set list picture but I will refrain. Great atmosphere, nice balance of Jeff solo versus whole band, so many instrument changes often in the same song, good energy of the band and it looks like they had been playing for last fifteen years and not on break, crowd was really onto it, watched from about ten feet from band (not sure how that compared to seeing it in the back), good mix of fuzzed out distorted rockers and more mellow fare, and I am glad I have tickets to see them again at DAR.

Atomic I looked for a 6'4 Nordic type but didn't see you...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 03:19:07 pm by killsaly »

« Reply #449 on: October 12, 2013, 03:42:29 pm »
Wow, sounds awesome. I haven't been looking forward to a show this much in a few years.

I'm settling in for Michigan v Penn State before the concert and won't check the thread again until tomorrow, so feel free to post the setlist if you wish.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 03:55:00 pm by Julian, Former Weblebrity »
LVMH