Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1269249 times)

Yada

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #930 on: September 09, 2014, 10:22:47 am »
Ryan Adams was better than expected. The 930 Club was the most packed I've ever seen it and I think I'm officially old. I really couldn't handle it.

Sidehatch, if you were wearing a Dean Ween Group t shirt, I saw you.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #931 on: September 09, 2014, 10:54:37 am »
I was standing at the soundboard, dead center. I thought the sound was awful on a lot of the songs. Muddy, too much bass - bleeding into and over the mix. Maybe that was what he was going for? Saw him a few weeks ago at the Susquehanna Bank Pavillion in Camden NJ, and enjoyed his show a lot more.

And the club was jam packed. #plaidshirtnight

Yada

« Reply #932 on: September 09, 2014, 11:30:59 am »
I don't know if I'll ever attend a sold out show again there. It was really not enjoyable at all.

James Ford

« Reply #933 on: September 09, 2014, 11:33:51 am »
I have said that a number of times myself, old man that I am.

But how do you know in advance if the show will sell out or not? Do you just avoid buying advance tickets and make a game day decision?

I don't know if I'll ever attend a sold out show again there. It was really not enjoyable at all.

Yada

« Reply #934 on: September 09, 2014, 11:36:10 am »
I have said that a number of times myself, old man that I am.

But how do you know in advance if the show will sell out or not? Do you just avoid buying advance tickets and make a game day decision?

Either wait until day of or you buy and if it's sold out you'll have no problem selling the tickets. I was getting offers of $125 a ticket, I probably should've taken it!

emmanuel

« Reply #935 on: September 09, 2014, 11:48:12 am »
For Spoon it was impossible to sell a ticket even though it was sold out... I've learned. I wish scalping was illegal as I am used to.

Yada

« Reply #936 on: September 09, 2014, 12:46:16 pm »
For Spoon it was impossible to sell a ticket even though it was sold out... I've learned. I wish scalping was illegal as I am used to.

Probably because they played three nights in a row.

bearman🐻

« Reply #937 on: September 09, 2014, 01:13:02 pm »

Saw the 2nd night of Arcade Fire in Chicago at the United Center, with Devo opening. There was so much room to move around on the main floor it was GREAT. The 400 level section was completely blocked off...I'm guessing that there were less than 10,000 people there. I've got to say that I'm getting to a point where a sold out show is uncomfortable and really detracts from my enjoyment of the show. I HATE being the cranky dude, but as you get older, personal space really does become an issue. Also, with a bad knee, I am really starting to enjoy having someplace to sit or lean on. That's how I made it through the Foo Fighters show...if I didn't have a spot to lean on, I wouldn't have lasted the whole night.

James Ford

« Reply #938 on: September 09, 2014, 01:24:53 pm »
You old guys need to get new hobbies like needlepoint or some shit like that.

bearman🐻

« Reply #939 on: September 09, 2014, 01:27:43 pm »

What are you, a vampire? Do you possess eternal youth? Your posts always seem discriminatory towards people of a certain age.

Relaxer

« Reply #940 on: September 09, 2014, 01:57:57 pm »
The irony being that he's almost certainly older than everyone here except ratbasturd
oword

hutch

« Reply #941 on: September 09, 2014, 01:59:47 pm »

What are you, a vampire? Do you possess eternal youth? Your posts always seem discriminatory towards people of a certain age.

his posts are always putting everyone down hence he does not discriminate

« Reply #942 on: September 09, 2014, 02:20:57 pm »
Ryan Adams was better than expected. The 930 Club was the most packed I've ever seen it and I think I'm officially old. I really couldn't handle it.

yesir that was I
I was on the lookout for the natty dreds too, but no such luck
slack

James Ford

« Reply #943 on: September 09, 2014, 02:26:43 pm »
Geez, someone can't take a joke.  ;D

Scroll up a few posts, I put myself in the same oldguy category.

Kosmo is way older than me. So were Jaguar, Mankie, Atomic, and I'm sure many others!

Yada

« Reply #944 on: September 09, 2014, 02:37:09 pm »

yesir that was I
I was on the lookout for the natty dreds too, but no such luck

damn... next time. I only saw that one pic of you on here a while back and don't even know your name. Oh well!