Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268706 times)

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3180 on: August 03, 2018, 10:16:21 am »
Flasher overcame the elements and sound difficulties last night at Fort Reno. Would definitely see them again. Also, Pete's Apizza is right nearby on my way to this. IMHO, a great pizza.
agreed, would see them again (and on the Pete's)
was a little frustrating with the sound, but I think they have a lot of potential to be a great power trio

just saw they just did a tiny desk too
https://www.npr.org/event/music/630515859/flasher-tiny-desk-concert

Also, I just learned that Taylor Mulitz (guitar, vocals)...plays bass for Priests  (actually just read former Priests bassist)
So it makes sense why we saw G.L. Jaguar (Priests guitarist) at the show

I think former bordie AZaghal was in attendance (is he former?...hasn't posted in ages)
and the red pork pie hat wearer made an appearance too
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 10:20:13 am by Sidehatch ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı »
slack

bearman🐻

« Reply #3181 on: August 03, 2018, 11:17:48 am »
Flasher overcame the elements and sound difficulties last night at Fort Reno. Would definitely see them again. Also, Pete's Apizza is right nearby on my way to this. IMHO, a great pizza.

I really like them. Had every intention of going last night but couldn't motivate to get out to Fort Reno. Love the LP they released this year. I think they have real potential.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3182 on: August 05, 2018, 03:30:39 pm »
Went to the Voodoo Threuxdown friday night in Baltimore. Missed Preservation Hall Jazz Band, due to a deluge keep us inside the house for awhile. Arrived in time for Galactic and then Trombone Shorty. It ws a really fun show made even more fun by virtue of its Free $$ ness. I highly recommend going to free shows.

hutch

« Reply #3183 on: August 05, 2018, 09:33:09 pm »
Trombone Shorty is so fun...what a great bill

K8teebug

« Reply #3184 on: August 06, 2018, 02:11:44 pm »
Went to the Voodoo Threuxdown friday night in Baltimore. Missed Preservation Hall Jazz Band, due to a deluge keep us inside the house for awhile. Arrived in time for Galactic and then Trombone Shorty. It ws a really fun show made even more fun by virtue of its Free $$ ness. I highly recommend going to free shows.

That sounds like so much fun! Love all of them! Sad I was away.

« Reply #3185 on: August 06, 2018, 03:38:45 pm »

it is coming to the wolf trap in weekish

https://www.wolftrap.org/tickets/calendar/performance/18filene/0817show18.aspx

slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3186 on: August 06, 2018, 09:38:11 pm »

it is coming to the wolf trap in weekish

https://www.wolftrap.org/tickets/calendar/performance/18filene/0817show18.aspx

Yes, its on Friday 8/17 when I will be on the Ted Rx Boat.

Only negative of the Threuxdown was that I forgot my ear plugs, and those horns vocals were a little piercing: bring protection if you are in the pavills.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3187 on: August 10, 2018, 02:57:31 pm »
Went to Alex Lahey, pronoun, & Teen Mortgage on Wednesday night with Vas after winning the tix online. He is an Alex Lahey fanboi.

The show was really good, I liked pronoun a little more than Lahey, if only because she's a little more weird. Lahey is straight ahead pop-rock, and pronoun is more artsy.  I will add that I only saw around 3 minutes of the Teen Mortgage dudes due to delay getting out of PowPow (the vegan plant-based asian rice bowl place that I am addicted to up the street). Seemed interesting, should've gotten there earlier.

Free shows are good.

This is a badly written review.

Having nothing to do with this review: Still gonna put in a plug for new fave Illuminati Hotties.

K8teebug

« Reply #3188 on: August 13, 2018, 09:10:13 am »
I did not get sucked back into the cult (well, maybe just a little). Forgot how happy everyone is at a Phish show (yes, I realize most are under some sort of influence, but they were happy nonetheless).

My cousin gave me and my friend VIP deck tix, so we stayed under cover there instead of heading out on the lawn. Was an interesting place to see a show. Was like I was watching people watch the show while watching the show. ha.

Dude got a little grabby with me at the end, but my friend ran interference and it was the end of the show. Didn't let that ruin the evening though. Still, I don't understand that. I'm just handing with my girlfriend. Do not need you to wrap your hand around my waist and touch my ass. Ugh.

On the way to meet up with my friend's husband (who gave us a ride home), we walked through an entire courtyard of people with balloons. That has always made me so sad. It was weird.

Overall though, a really good show with some of my old favorites (Chalkdust Torture, Harry Hood, Piper, Big Fat Furry Creatures From Mars, Bathtub Gin, Prince Caspian). Funny too that they played 2001 when that was the last year I saw them. Glad I went, and also glad I'm not going to Watkins Glen...

hutch

« Reply #3189 on: August 13, 2018, 09:31:05 am »
I am relieved.....now to get Yada’s dads report

;D

Guys just suck...sorry about that...it is embarrassing

Can you see band from deck or just hear?

I would have been happy to hear Harry Hood and Prince Caspian...two of my favorites

K8teebug

« Reply #3190 on: August 13, 2018, 09:51:12 am »
You can see, but are definitely on the side and need to be along the railing to really see well. Luckily, that's where we were.
For a crowded show, it's worth it.

Yes, was glad that guy didn't show up until the end.

They played so many of my favorites. It was just so much fun.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3191 on: August 13, 2018, 11:06:23 am »
Dude got a little grabby with me at the end, but my friend ran interference and it was the end of the show. Didn't let that ruin the evening though. Still, I don't understand that. I'm just handing with my girlfriend. Do not need you to wrap your hand around my waist and touch my ass. Ugh.
Yada's father has a lot of explaining to do.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #3192 on: August 13, 2018, 11:13:50 am »
Yada's father has a lot of explaining to do.

Oh that is good

ggw

« Reply #3193 on: August 13, 2018, 01:48:14 pm »
I figured it was the same creepy dude who once started a thread titled "Do You Thing K8eebug Is Hot"

vansmack

« Reply #3194 on: August 13, 2018, 02:05:17 pm »
Just goes to prove Smackie's Theory that nothing good EVER happens at a Phish show...
27>34