Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1269181 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3195 on: August 13, 2018, 02:11:52 pm »
Just goes to prove Smackie's Theory that nothing good EVER happens at a Phish show...
That's not true. Ostensibly, it ends eventually.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3196 on: August 13, 2018, 02:27:02 pm »
i was going to say, "well, you get to leave..."
<sig>

K8teebug

« Reply #3197 on: August 13, 2018, 02:57:36 pm »
Just goes to prove Smackie's Theory that nothing good EVER happens at a Phish show...

Lots of good. Just also one crappy thing.

vansmack

« Reply #3198 on: August 13, 2018, 04:42:40 pm »

Ah yes, the Harvey Weinstein defense team will be using this for sure, you know, because it worked so well for Bill Cosby.
27>34

« Reply #3199 on: August 13, 2018, 04:50:54 pm »

Ah yes, the Harvey Weinstein defense team will be using this for sure, you know, because it worked so well for Bill Cosby.

although...it is lots of horrific/monstrous things and a few good things
 seem to be a human perspective of Harvey/Bill actions
slack

hutch

« Reply #3200 on: August 13, 2018, 05:48:04 pm »
Are we trying to ruin the post concert buzz? Poor form

Given jam band shows are overwhelmingly men it’s probably a much smaller number of women having to deal with this societal plague (although a hire percentage of female attendees)

Now that I am at a lot more shows sober and looking more for issues I do observe this behavior more...gross

K8teebug

« Reply #3201 on: August 13, 2018, 05:51:40 pm »

Given jam band shows are overwhelmingly men it’s probably a much smaller number of women having to deal with this societal plague (although a hire percentage of female attendees)

Now that I am at a lot more shows sober and looking more for issues I do observe this behavior more...gross

I think it would be really difficult to find a woman who's been to a bunch of shows who hasn't been grabbed at least once. Sadly, we are used to it.

« Reply #3202 on: August 13, 2018, 06:08:00 pm »

I think it would be really difficult to find a woman who's been to a bunch of shows who hasn't been grabbed at least once. Sadly, we are used to it.

By no means a #metoo moment...but I distinctly remember being at a punk show in the late 80's in NYC and some guy grabbed my suburban teenage ass
I was a little shocked and immediately joined in the pit to get away

I couldn't imagine what it would be like if that happened on a regular basis, not only at concerts but a work too
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3203 on: August 20, 2018, 10:44:17 pm »
Three Shows:

Tuesday: GBV at Ottobar: I had a headache pre-show, it didn't get better. Spent part of the show drinking water near the bar, and left at the Encore. Hung with Vas, Chatted with Bagley, Saw Hutch, but he doesnt remember/recognize me. Excellent Poster.

Friday: Ted Leo & Rx with Frankie Rose on a boat in NY Harbor. Beautiful Friday night on the boat. Bands play on the first deck, 2nd deck is for food and bev, and top deck is both the smoker's area and the best view of the city and statue of liberty. Hung out top deck during most of Frankie Rose, who seemed cool but out of place on this bill - synthy pop... As the sunset occurred, the statue of liberty lit up and that was fun to see.

Ted & Rx were great; but I admit to bias. Awkward fanboy moment: I wore my Titus Andronicus t-shirt, and, okay, I know that the drummer Chris Wilson is in both bands, but I didn't know that Patrick Stickes and RJ (Bass player from Titus) would also be onboard. So I ended up being the guy at the show wearing the t-shirt of the band partially playing the show and partially attending....dork.  Afterwards, walked around 10 mins and found really good pizza at Melani Pizzeria on Rivington near Delancey. Two slices of quality Pizza and a drink - $5.

Saturday: Toured the 911 museum. I had been to the memorial before but not the museum. It was a grueling but quality and necessary experience. Randomly, high school friend who I remember driving me and my girlfriend to see elvis costello at forest hills tennis stadium (or was it Jones Beach... it may've been both) and who was killed at the North Tower, is featured in a display case on the main floor of the main room of the museum. Freaked me out. Finished the day at Pizza Suprema behind MSG; best traditional NY slices IMHO.

Saturday night we saw Tall Heights, Ben Folds, Cake at MPP.  Hadn't seen BF in many years. This time he was backed by Tall Heights (cello, acoustic guitar, drums, and harmonica). Solid set of songs from Ben and this band from Ben's various incarnations. Cake were great when actually playing.  John takes a lot of pauses between songs, and seems to proceed without a real setlist. He spends around 9 minutes mid-set giving away a sapling to a member of the audience.  He ran out of time so MPP had to bring the houselights up and the sound volume down for the 2nd and final encore song: The Distance. The vibe here was that John has FU $, and is not all that interested in entertaining ....

PS: learned that the concrete areas above the pavillion seating will become boxes, and VIP "lawn" seats next year, accessible via elevator  only.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 10:46:48 pm by challenged »

hutch

« Reply #3204 on: August 21, 2018, 07:14:55 am »
Gbv was great....

Damn sorry challenged...I have a terrible memory for names and faces....I do remember meeting at old 97s at Hamilton but  you were wearing a suit..  just say hi next time...i’ll Get it eventually

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 07:31:11 am by hutch »

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3205 on: August 21, 2018, 04:00:15 pm »
Gbv was great....

Damn sorry challenged...I have a terrible memory for names and faces....I do remember meeting at old 97s at Hamilton but  you were wearing a suit..  just say hi next time...i’ll Get it eventually

No worries.

I wasn't feeling great, and going up to you amidst the loud GBV and yelling at you "I am Challenged!" didn't seem like a good plan.

« Reply #3206 on: August 24, 2018, 08:50:56 am »
some serious bonin' in the boneyard last night
these guys sure know how to entertain
Great set list and audience. 
I will say a mosh pit with a bunch of 40something balding pears is not a very dangerous place to be, but fun nonetheless
 probably 2/3rds filled (even with all the free tix from the ticketbastard settlement)

Although personal HIGHlight for me was after the the show I went around back
and got to chat and share a J with "Dirty" Walter A. Kibby II
slack

hutch

« Reply #3207 on: August 24, 2018, 08:56:44 am »
Well played!!!

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #3208 on: August 24, 2018, 10:41:14 am »
some serious bonin' in the boneyard last night
these guys sure know how to entertain
Great set list and audience. 

Agreed.  Happy I got a chance to see those guys again.

Thought the sound was pretty lousy, though.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3209 on: August 24, 2018, 11:27:29 am »
Had a free ticket for fishbone, but bailed on the show.  Played a board game with my kids instead.  #oldage