Author Topic: Virgin Freefest 2012  (Read 121363 times)

fatskippy

Re: Virgin Freefest 2012
« Reply #435 on: October 08, 2012, 12:21:04 pm »
I'm here for the whiny meltdowns

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #436 on: October 08, 2012, 12:37:53 pm »
You should head over to the Orioles thread then.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #437 on: October 08, 2012, 01:15:20 pm »
people who look at other people's clothing for the judging ability of those people, and to write articles about those people so other people can also learn to judge even more people by the clothes on such people.

we are all carles.
(o|o)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #438 on: October 08, 2012, 01:50:41 pm »
What I noticed almost immediately was the "EDM" crowd, and by that I mean a bunch of underage kids wearing bright shit or almost nothing. I hate that crowd.

http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/2011/09/bro-dubstep-shirt-eats-chilis-has-dubstep-gone-mainstream-dubstream.html

The take away from this is Ravers are good and Dubstreamer are bad?  Isn't Rave so 20 years ago?
T.Rex

RustyOrgan

« Reply #439 on: October 08, 2012, 07:29:26 pm »
That's why I go to these things!  The hot teenage gash!

Unfortunately (to me) it seemed like this music festival was more about drunk teenagers in slutty costumes than anything else.

Who cares? You might be the the only person in the world complaining about chicks wearing revealing clothing. I hate to break it to you, but "rock" music festivals, by nature, aren't very family friendly.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #440 on: October 08, 2012, 09:32:08 pm »
That's why I go to these things!  The hot teenage gash!

Unfortunately (to me) it seemed like this music festival was more about drunk teenagers in slutty costumes than anything else.

Who cares? You might be the the only person in the world complaining about chicks wearing revealing clothing. I hate to break it to you, but "rock" music festivals, by nature, aren't very family friendly.

nobody has said this in a while . . . post of the week.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #441 on: October 09, 2012, 09:43:42 am »
The take away from this is Ravers are good and Dubstreamer are bad?  Isn't Rave so 20 years ago?

REPOST:  you're way way way off here, if you don't get carles, you just don't get him, sorry.
(o|o)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #442 on: October 09, 2012, 04:25:19 pm »
With a name like Carles I suppose there is no use in trying...
T.Rex

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #443 on: October 09, 2012, 09:58:23 pm »
With a name like Carles I suppose there is no use in trying...

(o|o)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #444 on: October 09, 2012, 10:31:43 pm »
Too bad the search function at HRO isn't working. His articles on he iPad DJ broad and the dude who tried to trade his iPod Touch for some chronic was some of the funniest shit I've ever read.

atomicfront

« Reply #445 on: October 10, 2012, 09:44:02 am »

Whatever at Newport people bring their babies and at Lolla they have a kids stage.  Poor security and poorly run.  Don't make excuses.    Prior years I have attended the festival weren't like this.  evidently management has gone downhill. 

hutch

« Reply #446 on: October 10, 2012, 10:09:59 am »
maybe they're just letting in too many people...

sad to read about the downfall of the festival.. just cause its free don't make it great... personally i think the caliber of artists has gone noticeably down and although i had to miss this year i really didn't feel like i was missing anything special

James Ford

« Reply #447 on: October 10, 2012, 11:01:43 am »
There's kids activities, a kids play area, and bands/theater aimed at kids at Bumbershoot in Seattle. But I guess Bumbershoot is more of an arts community festival that just happens to also have top notch music acts aimed at a more age diverse crowd.

Whereas Freefest is aimed simply at getting the 15-29 crowd roped into the corporate party animal corral(?) And I suppose that's the "cool" thing for alot of people.

Giving away tickets is good and bad. It's good because some music fans probably wouldn't go otherwise. It's bad because some of the people who go probably aren't really music fans.

Whatever at Newport people bring their babies and at Lolla they have a kids stage.  Poor security and poorly run.  Don't make excuses.    Prior years I have attended the festival weren't like this.  evidently management has gone downhill. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 11:05:52 am by James Ford »

Vas Deferens

« Reply #448 on: October 10, 2012, 11:19:27 am »
solution: get rid of the electronic stage. This stage attracts the younger crowd.

bumbershoot does not have an electronic stage.
(_|_)

James Ford

« Reply #449 on: October 10, 2012, 11:25:38 am »
I thought the same thing.

But why would they want to get rid of the younger crowd? To me, that's clearly the target audience for Freefest at this point.

And I'm ok with that. There's still plenty of live music options in the area to satiate my live music needs.

solution: get rid of the electronic stage. This stage attracts the younger crowd.

bumbershoot does not have an electronic stage.