Author Topic: ORIOLES  (Read 477040 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: ORIOLES
« Reply #525 on: October 12, 2012, 01:23:15 pm »
10,000+ tickets available on stubhub for tonight's game starting at $18.

http://deadspin.com/5916213/yankees-tickets-are-a-dollar-seats-are-empty-and-theyre-trying-to-blame-stubhub
Hahahaha "More fan-friendly" <- what exactly is more "fan-friendly" than cheapers tickets...... for the fans?
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #526 on: October 12, 2012, 01:50:16 pm »
they should ask him to pay back part of his $29,000,000 salary.

Arod not in lineup tonight

shemptiness

« Reply #527 on: October 12, 2012, 01:53:29 pm »
Slip of the tongue the other night - Ernie Johnson referred to him as AWad.

atomicfront

« Reply #528 on: October 12, 2012, 04:18:16 pm »
they should ask him to pay back part of his $29,000,000 salary.

Arod not in lineup tonight

Well he only has 118 million left on his contract left after this season.  He also gets home run bonuses for each career home run over 660 which even if he totally bombs the next 5 season he is surely like to make.  Unfortunatley, the yankees have the money to eat his contract.  Hopefully texiera and cc can start falling off dramatically starting next year and the yankees follow the red sox path into suckatood.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #529 on: October 13, 2012, 07:19:13 am »
Oh well :( fun season regardless.  Fuck the Yankees

atomicfront

« Reply #530 on: October 13, 2012, 10:02:59 am »
I am glad I choose Jen Lekman over going to the show.  Watching the orioles not hit is something I had a fill of.  They have to improve the hitting next year.  I suppose Nate is good as a fourth outfielder, but we need another outfield a first baseman (goodbye reynolds you suck), and a second baseman and move Hardy to the 9th position in the line-up

shemptiness

« Reply #531 on: October 13, 2012, 02:15:01 pm »
From the Post:

"Sabathia hurled a commanding four-hit shutout for a 3-1 win at Yankee Stadium on a crisp, breezy mid-October night the likes of which the Orioles had not felt since the days of Ripken, Alomar and Palmeiro a decade and a half ago."

Not sure how you throw a shutout and give up a run at the same time.

hutch

« Reply #532 on: October 14, 2012, 10:52:31 am »
From the Post:

"Sabathia hurled a commanding four-hit shutout for a 3-1 win at Yankee Stadium on a crisp, breezy mid-October night the likes of which the Orioles had not felt since the days of Ripken, Alomar and Palmeiro a decade and a half ago."

did he have a complete game? if not the correct way to write it would be "shut out the Orioles over 7 innings in commanding fashion.." or something like that.. seems to me

atomicfront

« Reply #533 on: October 14, 2012, 12:29:01 pm »
From the Post:

did he have a complete game? if not the correct way to write it would be "shut out

the Orioles over 7 innings in commanding fashion.." or something like that.. seems to me

in the good news department: jeter broke his ankle.

K8teebug

« Reply #534 on: October 15, 2012, 09:00:29 am »
I thought it was a great season.  I don't think anyone should be complaining about what the Orioles accomplished this year.  It was a hell of a ride and I'm glad it lasted as long as it did.

Got to meet Lew Ford and Troy Patton on the way to the car after completing the Baltimore Marathon on Saturday!  (which I ran in Orioles colors, of course!)

It was really fun. 

mekmad

« Reply #535 on: October 16, 2012, 11:42:39 am »
From the Sun:

Some Orioles fans who purchased playoff tickets for games that never occurred have complained about the lack of refunds for a $6-per-order service charge from Ticketmaster.

Receipts for the orders stated that the Ticketmaster charges would be non-refundable, but that didn?t stop one fan from calling it a ?travesty? in an e-mail to The Sun. The Orioles have also heard a handful of complaints.

The club was not responsible for the charge or the refund policy, which is standard for such events. Such charges are one of the ways Ticketmaster, the 800-pound gorilla of the ticket world, guarantees its profits.

vansmack

« Reply #536 on: October 16, 2012, 01:53:53 pm »
From the Sun:

No one's complaining about the interest MLB made on holding onto that money from a dozen or so playoff eligible teams that pre-sold tickets weeks in advance?

Sure, interest rates are low, but all 10 teams that made the playoffs, plus at least 3 teams in each league sold at least 4 home games, some as many as 10 home games.

Average ticket price, $75, times 35,000 seats, times 4 games, times 16 teams is close to $200 million dollars collecting interest for doing absolutely nothing.

At least TM performed a transaction.  BTW - I'm pretty sure tickets.com refunded everything, but could be wrong.

EDIT: NM, they refunded the convenience fee, but kept the processing fee and shipping and handling as well.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:00:20 pm by vansmack »
27>34

K8teebug

« Reply #537 on: October 16, 2012, 02:02:17 pm »
From the Sun:

Some Orioles fans who purchased playoff tickets for games that never occurred have complained about the lack of refunds for a $6-per-order service charge from Ticketmaster.

Receipts for the orders stated that the Ticketmaster charges would be non-refundable, but that didn?t stop one fan from calling it a ?travesty? in an e-mail to The Sun. The Orioles have also heard a handful of complaints.

The club was not responsible for the charge or the refund policy, which is standard for such events. Such charges are one of the ways Ticketmaster, the 800-pound gorilla of the ticket world, guarantees its profits.

I don't understand why they keep saying this.  WE GOT THE SIX DOLLARS BACK.  What we didn't get back was the 1 dollar or whatever per ticket charge.  I only lost one dollar and change per ticket. 

shemptiness

« Reply #538 on: October 16, 2012, 03:44:16 pm »
Odd.  I had a difference of $6 on my wild card tickets and $4 on my tiebreaks.  2 seats each.

Nothing yet on the ALCS tickets. 

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #539 on: October 16, 2012, 08:44:52 pm »
still waiting on my ALCS refund..... >:(