Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1167978 times)

azaghal1981

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2012, 01:08:38 pm »
I'd take New Zealand over Australia and would throw Kansas and Wyoming into the trade, too.

Although you're right about a ton of great stuff coming from Australia at the moment. I figure that Royal Headache LP would be up your alley. You get around to that?

Can we swap Ohio, Florida, Arizona and Texas for Australia?  So much great funk music coming out of the land down under these days, shame it so far for those band to travel to bring their goodness here.
احمد

James Ford

« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2012, 01:48:02 pm »
Wyoming is a keeper. You've obviously never seen the Grand Teton Mountains. Simply stunning.

I'd take New Zealand over Australia and would throw Kansas and Wyoming into the trade, too.

Although you're right about a ton of great stuff coming from Australia at the moment. I figure that Royal Headache LP would be up your alley. You get around to that?

Can we swap Ohio, Florida, Arizona and Texas for Australia?  So much great funk music coming out of the land down under these days, shame it so far for those band to travel to bring their goodness here.

azaghal1981

« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2012, 02:24:46 pm »
احمد

atomicfront

« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2012, 02:43:18 pm »
Just found out today that I have to go in and have two more surgeries on my knees.  They are going to go in and do arthroscopic surgery to clean things out and make a plan of attack for full blown replacement.  I had bilateral partial replacements done four years ago and off all the surgeries I have had (including several cranial procedures and triple spinal fusion) the recovery from knee surgery was by far the hardest and most painful.  Hello hydrocodone!  I seriously think that when I die I am going to donate my body to science.....  ..... fiction!

Good thing you planned ahead for health insurance!

Even better that it is happening now before bammy gets to decide what doctor i get to go to and if i even qualify to get in line and wait 2½ years to get my surgery done by some gummint hack doctor.  But then again it would be 'free'.

Sucks that us other insurance holders have to help pay for your bad knees when you could have planned a head and had a healthier lifestyle and wouldn't need knee surgery. 

slappy

« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2012, 04:23:10 pm »

I was thinking the same thing.
Electric Wire Hustle, Julien Dyne, Ladi6, Shapeshifter, ... Fat Freddy?s Drop

atomicfront

« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2012, 05:34:53 pm »
Mittens flew in African Americans to act as a cheering section to the NAACP convention yesterday.

You know if you invite someone to speak before you maybe you shouldn't boo them. Have some class or don't invite him.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2012, 05:55:26 pm »
Was he invited, or did he ask to speak? Also, just because the organizers think something is a good idea doesn't meant the crowd/attendees will. Maybe Romney should have flown in his own rent-a-crowd.
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2012, 06:48:33 pm »

I was listening to stream of the new Cactus Channel this morning, just another of several top notch aussie funk outfits at the moment.
T.Rex

azaghal1981

« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2012, 10:14:01 pm »
It's a tradition of theirs to invite both candidates to speak at their convention when it's an election year.
And yeah, it's not like the organizers were booing.

Was he invited, or did he ask to speak? Also, just because the organizers think something is a good idea doesn't meant the crowd/attendees will. Maybe Romney should have flown in his own rent-a-crowd.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2012, 01:16:52 am »
And yeah, it's not like the organizers were booing.

putting Romney in front of the crowd and seeing what happens may well have been their intention - "let's let this play out and get it on record".  and would you look at that, the predictable happened.  even Romney stated that he expected boos (post-facto obviously).
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2012, 01:20:03 am »
Frank Ocean's 'Channel Orange' Won't Be Sold at Target
http://www.spin.com/articles/frank-oceans-channel-orange-wont-be-sold-target
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2012, 02:45:19 am »
Just found out today that I have to go in and have two more surgeries on my knees.  They are going to go in and do arthroscopic surgery to clean things out and make a plan of attack for full blown replacement.  I had bilateral partial replacements done four years ago and off all the surgeries I have had (including several cranial procedures and triple spinal fusion) the recovery from knee surgery was by far the hardest and most painful.  Hello hydrocodone!  I seriously think that when I die I am going to donate my body to science.....  ..... fiction!

Good thing you planned ahead for health insurance!

Even better that it is happening now before bammy gets to decide what doctor i get to go to and if i even qualify to get in line and wait 2½ years to get my surgery done by some gummint hack doctor.  But then again it would be 'free'.

Sucks that us other insurance holders have to help pay for your bad knees when you could have planned a head and had a healthier lifestyle and wouldn't need knee surgery. 

Has nothing to do with lifestyle.  It is congenital.
FUKIT

James Ford

« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2012, 08:10:35 pm »
So I was running on the Mall last week, and there was this black guy holding a sign.

The sign read:

Marriage's alway's 1 man+1 woman.

And I thought to myself...man, it would really be fun if walkonby was on this run with me.

stevewizzle

« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2012, 08:50:37 pm »
Frank Ocean's 'Channel Orange' Won't Be Sold at Target
http://www.spin.com/articles/frank-oceans-channel-orange-wont-be-sold-target

never forget the day target took a stance against early digital releases and profiting. 

yeah... i'm sure that's what it's all about, target.