Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1172564 times)

hutch

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #675 on: October 23, 2012, 11:03:38 am »
Seth has more than likely started using Merriweather instead of Constitution Hall for shows at that level.

True. The problem with MPP, for me, is that its just too far...I don't consider it a DC venue. In any case its not much of an option during winter.

atomicfront

« Reply #676 on: October 23, 2012, 12:09:38 pm »
Seth has more than likely started using Merriweather instead of Constitution Hall for shows at that level.

bands used to do shows at MPP in summer and then come back in winter and do Constitution Hall.  They should have more shows at that place that Jeff Magnum played.  Actually a very nice venue but have never seen any other shows listed for it.

hutch

« Reply #677 on: October 23, 2012, 01:37:09 pm »

bands used to do shows at MPP in summer and then come back in winter and do Constitution Hall.  They should have more shows at that place that Jeff Magnum played.  Actually a very nice venue but have never seen any other shows listed for it.

yeah the Lincoln Theatre...

azaghal1981

« Reply #678 on: October 23, 2012, 02:54:52 pm »
I like The Lincoln as well.
احمد

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #679 on: October 23, 2012, 03:54:44 pm »

yeah the Lincoln Theatre...

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/artsdesk/general/2012/08/03/city-releases-request-for-proposals-for-new-lincoln-theatre-operator/
(o|o)

azaghal1981

« Reply #680 on: October 23, 2012, 09:19:23 pm »
Third party debate right now on RT with Larry King acting as moderator.

Jill Stein, Rocky Anderson, Virgil Goode and Gary Johnson.
احمد

James Ford

« Reply #681 on: October 25, 2012, 02:40:14 pm »
So what's the deal with men missing the urinal when they piss? Every fucking day I use the bathroom and someone has pissed on the floor. Today it was so bad, I started sliding on the floor as I pissed due to the piss on the floor and my lack of shoes with traction. Yet, I still manage to keep my piss in the urinal (which is well placed and at proper height), just as I have every day for the past 10 years.

We're in a small 22 person office that doesn't get much outside foot traffic. It has to be the same person doing it everyday, right?

How out of line would it be if I hung I sign saying "If you miss, please clean your piss."?

atomicfront

« Reply #682 on: October 25, 2012, 02:43:20 pm »
So what's the deal with men missing the urinal when they piss? Every fucking day I use the bathroom and someone has pissed on the floor. Today it was so bad, I started sliding on the floor as I pissed due to the piss on the floor and my lack of shoes with traction. Yet, I still manage to keep my piss in the urinal (which is well placed and at proper height), just as I have every day for the past 10 years.

We're in a small 22 person office that doesn't get much outside foot traffic. It has to be the same person doing it everyday, right?

How out of line would it be if I hung I sign saying "If you miss, please clean your piss."?

I like to piss on top of the urinal to show how I dominate the others.   I would have no idea why someone would go on the floor. 

atomicfront

« Reply #683 on: October 25, 2012, 02:50:14 pm »
prices for Of Monsters and Men on stubhub are ridiculous.  I was waiting for them to go down for the philly show but unfortunately they are going up.  Might have to wait for day of show.

James Ford

« Reply #684 on: October 25, 2012, 02:53:29 pm »
Thanks for your input, Shaq. Fortunately, we don't have anybody of your height here, so hitting the top of the urinal isn't an issue.

I like to piss on top of the urinal to show how I dominate the others.   I would have no idea why someone would go on the floor. 

James Ford

« Reply #685 on: October 25, 2012, 02:54:16 pm »
Anything above $5 would seem a bit ridiculous.
 ;D
prices for Of Monsters and Men on stubhub are ridiculous.  I was waiting for them to go down for the philly show but unfortunately they are going up.  Might have to wait for day of show.

atomicfront

« Reply #686 on: October 25, 2012, 03:13:42 pm »
Anything above $5 would seem a bit ridiculous.
 ;D

This brings me back to a thought I had: When I was in Icleand there was a mix station playing stuff from like 60's to now.  And I like everything song they played. Actually I didn't here a song I disliked the whole time I was in Iceland.  And I dislike almost everything I hear on the radio in this country.   And most of the bands people discuss on here.  It makes me believe that the music we like is genetic.  Most everyone was a tall blonde like myself. 

Anyway for whatever reason the of Monsters of Men album is probably the best album I have heard in the last year for sure.

atomicfront

« Reply #687 on: October 25, 2012, 03:18:02 pm »
so i get this email that says it is from group on (which i don't subscribe to) and they are going to show "St Elmo's Fire" at the stadium.  bleacher seats are 15 and grass seats are 30.  To me this seems like something that would be free.  Shitty movie outside that is 30 years old.  You can see 3 new movies at the drive in for 8 bucks. and i have cover if it rains. 

slappy

« Reply #688 on: October 26, 2012, 12:08:30 pm »
so i get this email that says it is from group on (which i don't subscribe to) and they are going to show "St Elmo's Fire" at the stadium.  bleacher seats are 15 and grass seats are 30.  To me this seems like something that would be free.  Shitty movie outside that is 30 years old.  You can see 3 new movies at the drive in for 8 bucks. and i have cover if it rains. 

I guess you're paying for the location and supposedly an 80's cover band and 'look-alikes' from the movie for photo-ops. $38 gets you open beer/wine bar.

Not my cuppa tea either, but better than the non-existent metro DC drive in. You'll probably pay $30 in gas to get to the nearest drive in.

What's so bad about Groupon that you want to make it clear you don't subscribe?

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #689 on: October 26, 2012, 05:05:04 pm »

Sign seen in mens loo in a pub in Ireland

"WE AIM TO PLEASE. YOU AIM TOO, PLEASE"