Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1167943 times)

atomicfront

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #960 on: February 14, 2013, 10:36:45 am »
Went to the eye doctor yesterday to get new glasses.  he gave me some eye drops for dryness I have been having as a result of the meds I am taking for the neurological issues I have.  Today I could not find the eye drops and looked for them for about 20-30 minutes before heading out for lunch around 1:00.  Just now at 7:00 I found the eye drops... in my jeans pocket!

Well your dementia explains your political posts.  But what is interesting is that you have more medical issues than anyone and you complain about government sponsored medical care.  Shouldn't you be the one saying more money for medical care? 

atomicfront

« Reply #961 on: February 14, 2013, 10:41:18 am »

iron Sheik
THREATENS OLYMPIC OFFICIALS
'I Swear to the Jesus I Suplex Them'

Exclusive
The Iron Sheik isn't just a WWE legend ... he's also a veteran Olympic wrestler ... and he's so pissed that his sport is getting booted from the Games ... he's now threatening violence.

As we previously reported, the International Olympic Committee has moved to drop wrestling from the 2020 games ... in favor of other sports like field hockey. Seriously.

Now, Sheik -- who says he competed for Iran in the 1968 Olympics and then became an asst. coach for Team USA in the '70s -- tells TMZ (in his trademark broken English) he's looking to take matters into his own hands.

"After 1000 years they take away the best sport in the world? This is the first time the dumb motherf**kers have no balls for they make the walking an Olympic sport."

He adds, "If I see anybody on the street that work from the IOC I swear to the Jesus I suplex them put them in camel clutch break their back make them humble."

"The #TEAMSHEIKIE respect the Olympic now they can all go f**k themselves and make the Curling Olympic sport because they all the biggest piece of no good s**t and I never watch the Olympic again. Also buy my t shirt [on my website] or go f**k yourself.?

It's a little confusing ... but we think we get the point..

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/12/wwe-wrestler-iron-sheik-upset-ioc-drop-wrestling-olympics/#ixzz2Kq7q2W44

I don't believe a thing about the Iron Sheik. I think he posed as russian wrestler before the iran hostage crisis and then suddenly he was iranian. 

killsaly

« Reply #962 on: February 14, 2013, 12:11:27 pm »
I may be wrong but I don't think they sweeten the tea then take the sweetening agent back out so it really isn't 'unsweetened' is it?  Shouldn't it be sold as 'sweetened' on 'non-sweetened' tea?  Just wondering...
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/unsweetened
Adj.   1.   unsweetened - not made sweet         
nonsweet, sugarless - not containing sugar

Non-sweetened and unsweetened mean the Same thing.  It doesnt mean DE-Sweetened, THAT is what adding Sweetener, and taking it out would be.

Its like the word Unnecessary, or NOT necessary. 

In the South (where I grew up, never got into tea), MOST people drink their tea sweet.  They dont ask for a sweet tea usually, just a tea (or "ice tea").  If they want it non-sweetened they use the correct term, unsweetened, to ask for it. 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #963 on: February 14, 2013, 12:13:37 pm »
I prefer my unsweetened tea preheated.

hutch

« Reply #964 on: February 14, 2013, 12:23:20 pm »
it can be hard to get unsweetened ice tea in the south.. they really like to pour that sugar in...a lot of sugar.

my girl's family is from georgia and she loves unsweetened ice tea and when we go south its always an issue getting it.. you really have to fight for it!

atomicfront

« Reply #965 on: February 14, 2013, 12:32:52 pm »
Yeah i went to thing in south carolina once and was amazed how sweet the ice tea was down there.  I guess it has come north as I feel sweetened ice tea is much sweeter recently around here.  I have gotten to the point where i just drink it unsweetened.  But I am not much of sweets person. I don't drink soda and I don't put sugar in my espressos or machiatos either. 

I would guess that their is a much higher incidence of diabetes in the south due to mostly their sweet tea. 

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #966 on: February 14, 2013, 01:38:10 pm »
It is a southern thing (sweet tea).  I am not a tea drinker at all, it literally makes me nauseated.  I am told though that it does make a difference in the taste if tea is sweetened while it is still hot, then iced as opposed to sweetening tea after it has been iced.  On another note, Kim swears by the ice tea flavor vodka that has been out for a bit now.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #967 on: February 14, 2013, 01:38:57 pm »
I may be wrong but I don't think they sweeten the tea then take the sweetening agent back out so it really isn't 'unsweetened' is it?  Shouldn't it be sold as 'sweetened' on 'non-sweetened' tea?  Just wondering...
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/unsweetened
Adj.   1.   unsweetened - not made sweet         
nonsweet, sugarless - not containing sugar

Non-sweetened and unsweetened mean the Same thing.  It doesnt mean DE-Sweetened, THAT is what adding Sweetener, and taking it out would be.

Its like the word Unnecessary, or NOT necessary. 

In the South (where I grew up, never got into tea), MOST people drink their tea sweet.  They dont ask for a sweet tea usually, just a tea (or "ice tea").  If they want it non-sweetened they use the correct term, unsweetened, to ask for it. 

Good enough explanation as any.   still find it a tad odd though.
FUKIT

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #968 on: February 14, 2013, 01:53:55 pm »
I would guess that their is a much higher incidence of diabetes in the south due to mostly their sweet tea. 

Diabetes Heat Map

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #969 on: February 14, 2013, 02:07:16 pm »
If you really want to fuck with someone who comes to the south for the first time give them some Smithfield ham and a glass of sweet tea.
FUKIT

atomicfront

« Reply #970 on: February 14, 2013, 02:31:40 pm »

Diabetes Heat Map

yeah the dark red corresponds to a high level of sweet tea drinkers.  That stuff should be outlawed.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #971 on: February 14, 2013, 02:37:02 pm »

Diabetes Heat Map

yeah the dark red corresponds to a high level of sweet tea drinkers.  That stuff should be outlawed.

in general the south is a mess health wise....infectious disease rates are much higher there as well. 

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #972 on: February 14, 2013, 03:01:49 pm »

Diabetes Heat Map

BAN SWEET TEA IN ANY GLASS OVER 8OZ! :) :)
FUKIT

James Ford

« Reply #973 on: February 14, 2013, 03:04:59 pm »
No tea and no alcohol. Dude you must be the healthiest guy on the planet.

It is a southern thing (sweet tea).  I am not a tea drinker at all, it literally makes me nauseated.  I am told though that it does make a difference in the taste if tea is sweetened while it is still hot, then iced as opposed to sweetening tea after it has been iced.  On another note, Kim swears by the ice tea flavor vodka that has been out for a bit now.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #974 on: February 14, 2013, 03:15:16 pm »
No tea and no alcohol. Dude you must be the healthiest guy on the planet.

Also I neither smoke nor use any sort of illegal substances (any more).  Although years ago, well lets just put it this way, never smoke a quaalude.
FUKIT