Author Topic: Breaking Bad Discussion >>>>>  (Read 56151 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion >>>>>
« Reply #195 on: September 24, 2013, 12:03:15 pm »
It seems to me, Walt had decided to turn himself to protect his family, the whole leaving the call open to be traced.  But, the appearance of them set him off, because they slighted him over his involvement with the company.
T.Rex

K8teebug

« Reply #196 on: September 24, 2013, 01:14:14 pm »
And we all know you do not slight WW!

nkotb

« Reply #197 on: September 24, 2013, 01:56:25 pm »
My only problem with the ricin: how in the hell is he going to get near anyone enough to poison them?  Everyone we mentioned here that could be the recipient wouldn't let White within 100 feet of them, let alone take a drink or something he's offering.  Who is that dumb?

Not saying it won't happen...just pointing out that you have to get really close to someone that either trusts you enough to take food you're offering or sneakily enough that you can dose them without them being aware.  With how high profile he is right now, that's tough.

Yada

« Reply #198 on: September 24, 2013, 02:03:00 pm »
I think the ricin is for him.

Julian, Authenticated CAUDILLO

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #199 on: September 24, 2013, 02:19:36 pm »
Why would you poison yourself with something that causes agonizing symptoms for close to a week?
LVMH

nkotb

« Reply #200 on: September 24, 2013, 02:32:52 pm »
Maybe it's a fall back in case he gets caught?  I'm with you...that makes less sense, especially when a bullet would do the same thing. But if he's caught without a gun, hiding ricin on your is a good bit easier.

I think one thing is clear...I have no clue what I'm talking about.

Why would you poison yourself with something that causes agonizing symptoms for close to a week?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #201 on: September 24, 2013, 02:35:40 pm »
My only problem with the ricin: how in the hell is he going to get near anyone enough to poison them?  Everyone we mentioned here that could be the recipient wouldn't let White within 100 feet of them, let alone take a drink or something he's offering.  Who is that dumb?

Not saying it won't happen...just pointing out that you have to get really close to someone that either trusts you enough to take food you're offering or sneakily enough that you can dose them without them being aware.  With how high profile he is right now, that's tough.
Could send it in a package labeled from Skyler, Flynn and Holly for all their help....or something.

Don't forget he wouldn't let Jesse touch the ricin with his bare hands because that could poison him as well. So, maybe he could just............................rub it on their skin lol
‼‼?‼‼

nkotb

« Reply #202 on: September 24, 2013, 02:37:43 pm »
"Look Walt, you're a sociopath and a wanted murderer, so I won't drink that cup of tea you're offering me.  I will, however, allow you to give me one of your world famous shoulder rubs."

Could send it in a package labeled from Skyler, Flynn and Holly for all their help....or something.

Don't forget he wouldn't let Jesse touch the ricin with his bare hands because that could poison him as well. So, maybe he could just............................rub it on their skin lol

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #203 on: September 24, 2013, 02:39:44 pm »
Feel the Heisenburn.
‼‼?‼‼

Yada

« Reply #204 on: September 24, 2013, 02:41:19 pm »
Different kind of dignity in offing yourself with a gun vs. poison.

« Reply #205 on: September 24, 2013, 04:29:07 pm »
"Look Walt, you're a sociopath and a wanted murderer, so I won't drink that cup of tea you're offering me.  I will, however, allow you to give me one of your world famous shoulder rubs."

You've won the internet! Congratulations!
LVMH

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #206 on: September 26, 2013, 10:56:39 am »
I was sitting on Twitter and the Emmys were littering my timeline, I saw Newsroom winning a bunch of awards over Breaking Bad and I was wondering if this season wasn't nominated because it wasn't over yet, so I assume next year Breaking Bad is going to win everything because EVERYONE this season has been incredible.

Jesus, Jesse last night. Got me right in the feels. THIS episode felt like that last one. That ending was crazy. Also, if this town is 8 miles away, how long did it take the police to respond to Walts phone call? He couldn't have been all that far.... Although, I guess, he has $100,000 on him, so he could have just bought that bartenders car and left...........Ah, maybe that is the car he shows up with at the beginning of the season...

The dialogue of Newsroom is pretty fucking good. I don't think there's been a show like that for a while now that has its own style of writing except for maybe a few comedies here and there. I could see Breaking Bad winning a whole lot more awards. They've played everything right by how the story starts and ends so far.

« Reply #207 on: September 26, 2013, 11:18:46 am »
The dialogue of Newsroom is pretty fucking good. I don't think there's been a show like that for a while now that has its own style of writing except for maybe a few comedies here and there.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/funny-or-die-to-aaron-sorkin-the-newsroom-is-not-the-greatest-show-on-tv/

Its hard to take The Newsroom seriously until Aaron Sorkin decides women can have IQs above 80 at some point.
LVMH

K8teebug

« Reply #208 on: September 26, 2013, 02:38:16 pm »
So, I'm re-watching the first season and have the following observations:

1.  No high school chemistry department is going to have Hydroflouric Acid around, let alone sitting on metal shelving.  That is serious serious stuff.  And when the ceiling collapses, no person would be standing under that, especially not a chemistry teacher who is supposed to know that even the most miniscule drop of it will eat your skin off something awful. 

2.  Wouldn't they have had Jesse and/or Walter's fingerprints from the respirator?  Walter would have been fingerprinted to work for the school system and Jesse has probably been arrested before.

I realize I should suspend this bullcrap, and just enjoy the show, but those two things bothered me.

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #209 on: September 26, 2013, 04:31:54 pm »
The dialogue of Newsroom is pretty fucking good. I don't think there's been a show like that for a while now that has its own style of writing except for maybe a few comedies here and there.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/funny-or-die-to-aaron-sorkin-the-newsroom-is-not-the-greatest-show-on-tv/

Its hard to take The Newsroom seriously until Aaron Sorkin decides women can have IQs above 80 at some point.

Eh whatever. I still like the show a lot in terms of its dialogue. Granted some of the characters need to tone down on that overdone smart talk like Neil. He kinda gets annoying. That chick, Mac, gets a bit annoying with it, too. Since Olivia Munn is hot, it helps with her character on the show. Charlie's funny enough to he dopesn't need it.