Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 864880 times)

hutch

Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #1470 on: November 10, 2015, 03:20:10 pm »
I still take copious quantities of drugs and I love the Dead and punk still.

Advantage: me

Good luck at enjoying the grandkids.

GOLD JERRY.. you really need to start a thread on here to concentrate your "Life coaching" advice at.... I think the community would really benefit from having its members told how to live their lives according to the James Fordian principles

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1471 on: November 10, 2015, 03:24:27 pm »
I still take copious quantities of drugs and I love the Dead and punk still.

Advantage: me

Good luck at enjoying the grandkids.

GOLD JERRY.. you really need to start a thread on here to concentrate your "Life coaching" advice at.... I think the community would really benefit from having its members told how to live their lives according to the James Fordian principles
Here's some life coaching for parents according to the Julian camp: If your child is fat then you are a bad parent.
LVMH

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #1472 on: November 10, 2015, 03:43:33 pm »
I have to laugh when I hear middle aged men talking about guts and aggro, as if its' a good thing. Probably the reason we're in multiple wars around the world.
If you equate what I'm saying to wars etc, you obviously have no idea what i'm talking about.

Space Freely

« Reply #1473 on: November 10, 2015, 03:50:31 pm »
I have to laugh when I hear middle aged men talking about guts and aggro, as if its' a good thing. Probably the reason we're in multiple wars around the world.
If you equate what I'm saying to wars etc, you obviously have no idea what i'm talking about.

Male aggression and too much testosterone are responsible for both punk rock and war on planet Earth. I don't see women starting wars and I also never saw very many women at punk rock shows. And most of those who were at shows were just arm-candy for the handful of punk dorks who were normal enough to actually get a girlfriend. Feel free to argue otherwise.  ;)

Relaxer

« Reply #1474 on: November 10, 2015, 03:51:44 pm »

I don't see women starting wars

You've clearly never met my wife when she's PMSing
oword

Space Freely

« Reply #1475 on: November 10, 2015, 03:56:11 pm »

Do we share the same wife?  :D

Still, I highly doubt we'd have as much war in a world run by women.

I guess I just endorsed Hillary.

« Reply #1476 on: November 10, 2015, 04:21:11 pm »

Do we share the same wife?  :D

Still, I highly doubt we'd have as much war in a world run by women.

I guess I just endorsed Hillary.
Although imagine what the world would have been like if McCain/Palin won and he kicked the bucket a few weeks in
I think there'd be lots of (more) wars

I do love this quote
Male aggression and too much testosterone are responsible for both punk rock and war on planet Earth
would make a great bumper sticker for Hutch's Prius or GGW's Maserati

so by that logic, we should make sure that the president you are voting for has lots of Shoegaze and Tublar Bells in her playlist

while punk was always male dominated, the ladies who front or are members  in L7, slits, the Avengers, X,  Bikini Kill, Sleater-Kinney, Sonic Youth,  X-Ray Spex and of course Patti Smith all might argue that men don't own aggression and punk authenticity

but whatdoIno
slack

ggw

« Reply #1477 on: November 10, 2015, 05:14:03 pm »

« Reply #1478 on: November 10, 2015, 05:38:32 pm »

would think the middle finger would be better than the statue of liberty

...ya know since it has this quote on it Give me your tired, your poor,Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door.?

Everything else makes sense
slack

« Reply #1479 on: November 11, 2015, 03:38:48 pm »
would have never pegged Mozart as the first punk....but I'm thinking of changing my stance

Mozart once wrote a song called ?Lick Me in the Ass.? The composer was a big fan of scatological and dirty humor, and wrote a song for six voices called ?Leck Mich im Arsch.? It was probably just a song his pals sang at parties, but still.
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #1480 on: November 11, 2015, 03:47:18 pm »
I'm pretty sure I've said "leck mich I'm arsch" on one of my bigger benders.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #1482 on: November 13, 2015, 03:46:21 pm »
Legendary ​rock giants ​Guns N? Roses​ are ​​?days away? from announcing ​a​ world​ reunion tour ​next year, Dish Nation is exclusively reporting.

Guitarist Slash ​has confirmed that he ​and lead singer​ Axl Rose have​​ ​reconciled after ​almost a decade of ​arguments and now Los Angeles music insiders close to the band say they ​have tentatively​ agreed to perform together again in 2016.

It?s expected that they will headline several festivals across Europe and the United States before heading out on a staggered world tour that will coincide with their 30th anniversary​.

?Slash and Axl have verbally agreed to get things together again and reform the original band. The live shows is where they can show the world what they had and also make the greatest earnings,? ​a music insider exclusively told Dish.

?Promoters are quietly working away to land opportunities. Details of the reunion are expected to leak out in the next few days. Everyone is expecting huge demand for tickets, but the boys are very humble and are not sure what to expect.?

Reports have recently come out saying that the band has been offered gigs in Australia, Sweden and Portugal ? although reps for the band have refused to comment.

​Last month a friend close to Slash confirmed that he and Axl are now talking again and a comeback tour ​is close to being rev​e​aled.

Marketing experts say that the American band are on course to coin in a whopping $100 million thanks to ticket sales, CD revenue, licensing and merchandising.

?I know that he and Axl talking again is a really good sign, because we all grew up loving Guns N? Roses. I mean I am an LA kid and I remember when they were playing the Sunset Strip,? ​Slash?s close friend John Murdy told the UK?s Mirror.

?It is so cool to see these guys back when they have been around so long.?

G​uns N? Roses keyboard player Dizzy Reed ​recently hinted a band ​comeback is close​, too.

?With GNR, timelines don?t really apply,? Dizzy told Loudwire.

?And that?s fine, things will come out when they?re ready and we?ll go on tour when we?re ready??

​Even Slash, who refused to speak with Axl, has painted the singer in a more positive light.

?There?s no animosity. Over time we all just got sick and tired of the black cloud,? Slash said in an interview with CBS.

?The biggest thing that happens when you have a break up that is less than harmonious, you build up a bad energy because of the distance. The bad feelings get exaggerated.
oword

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1483 on: November 13, 2015, 03:53:51 pm »
Rumors of an acoustic GNR tour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjt-aYQO5zA

ggw

« Reply #1484 on: November 13, 2015, 04:04:15 pm »
Coachella?