Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 1035724 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
😐 🎶

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #3586 on: May 28, 2024, 10:32:11 am »
World’s only copy of Wu-Tang Clan’s mythical album to be played for public

In Tasmania...

I, for one, eagerly anticipate getting a long-form narrative complete with photographic evidence split up over 8-15 texts from The Director at 9am my time whenever this happens where he tells me all about attending this and how he's shouting at me through the digital divide from "one day into the future, fam. The International Date Line, like the Wu Tang Clan, is for the children. Facts only."

[Editors Note: An earlier version of this joke inaccurately portrayed The Director as one who send "selfies" of himself at events. The Director does not take photos of himself; people take photos of him. We regret the error.]
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 08:02:14 am by Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI »
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3587 on: June 04, 2024, 03:35:26 pm »
Anton Newcombe posted a picture of what I assume are scars due to some sort of open heart surgery... i'm no doctor so... but he indicates he plans to work on music and play concerts next year...  i did wonder what was up with him especially after the meltdowns towards the end of the last tour...
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3588 on: June 04, 2024, 03:41:47 pm »
I'm also learning that bands on the smaller Glastonbury stages are paid in tickets to the festival and possibly food when they play... and in some cases they don't get enough tickets for the entire group.  One artist declined to preform because they weren't going to be on a televised stage and it wasn't worth losing money to appear... 
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #3589 on: June 04, 2024, 03:54:01 pm »
I'm also learning that bands on the smaller Glastonbury stages are paid in tickets to the festival and possibly food when they play... and in some cases they don't get enough tickets for the entire group.  One artist declined to preform because they weren't going to be on a televised stage and it wasn't worth losing money to appear...

Geez

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3590 on: June 04, 2024, 04:16:46 pm »

still better than spotify amirite??
<sig>

« Reply #3591 on: June 07, 2024, 04:45:09 pm »
was at my kids 8th grade graduation ceremony and two of her classmates performed a Laufey song!

slack

« Reply #3592 on: June 10, 2024, 11:39:09 am »
he is not wrong

Josh Homme Thinks “It’s a Little C*nty” When Bands Don’t Play Their Hits
https://consequence.net/2023/08/josh-homme-on-bands-not-playing-hits/
slack

hutch

« Reply #3593 on: June 10, 2024, 12:06:45 pm »
he is not wrong

Josh Homme Thinks “It’s a Little C*nty” When Bands Don’t Play Their Hits
https://consequence.net/2023/08/josh-homme-on-bands-not-playing-hits/

It really depends on the band and context…it’s just not cut and dried

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3594 on: June 10, 2024, 03:37:26 pm »
Then don’t go to a James concert and expect any hits.  They adamantly change their set list every night and happen to be proud of their new material.  And a true a James fan will never expect a “hits” filled show. 
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #3595 on: June 10, 2024, 03:44:33 pm »
Like I said …it depends on the act

« Reply #3596 on: June 10, 2024, 11:13:03 pm »
Guilty

The Who’s Roger Daltrey Is “F*cking Sick” of Fans Looking Up Setlists Before Concerts
slack

« Reply #3597 on: June 11, 2024, 10:48:59 pm »

Duran Duran -
Posted @withregram • @patricknagelarts Cherry Ice Cream smile!
Patrick Nagel fans today we publicly reveal Duran Duran’s “Rio” May 1982 album cover image source from Vogue Paris, February 1981.
This was a multi page editorial for Angelo Tarlazzi.
The Model is Marcie Hunt & Thank you @ser.sarah.bastos for identifying her
Barry Hahn, Patrick Nagel’s technical art assistant, confirmed this indeed was the tear sheet used by Nagel. His reply : “Great Catch!” Indeed it is… Would you have put it together just flipping through magazines? I certainly would have missed it and it appears it has been missed for 42 years!
We suspect the model and maybe the band Duran Duran had no idea Nagel was influenced and used this image to create the cover of their musical masterpiece, “Rio”. He certainly changed many things, most specifically removing her glasses, but he obviously loved her smile. And that smile has been an iconic piece of Duran Duran history for decades.
slack

More_Coffee

« Reply #3598 on: June 11, 2024, 11:11:29 pm »
What a great find....

That is one of the all-time great album covers, and it perfectly suits that record, easily a top 5 or higher for me.
Thanks!

Blow, me, Joey

« Reply #3599 on: June 13, 2024, 01:29:51 pm »
Who in the hell is, Chappell Roan, and why should I listen to them, and like them?