Author Topic: Robert Griffin III  (Read 80163 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Robert Griffin III
« Reply #180 on: January 08, 2013, 03:35:02 pm »
After what this team has endured at the QB position for decades, his health has been the most important thing this entire year. If he was cleared to go back in, he was cleared to go back in. Shannahan didn't slip them some extra money to get what he wanted to hear, if RG3 loses his job because he can't play, fucking everyone is fired hahahaha
‼‼?‼‼

imbecile

« Reply #181 on: January 08, 2013, 03:51:25 pm »
It's a lose-lose situation for everyone involved.

Look no further than the Nationals to see what happens if you don't play him - everyone says you're doing a disservice to the game or taking a playoff run for granted or whatever by being cautious with your star player.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #182 on: January 08, 2013, 03:54:59 pm »
Thank you! I was making that same comparison after the game.

Nats are now being applauded when people are comparing the 2 teams.

I believe the Redskins have the best interests for the team including RG3 and his health and his and OUR future. Fingers crossed. Poor Bobby Griff :(
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #183 on: January 08, 2013, 05:16:40 pm »

everyone says you're doing a disservice to the game or taking a playoff run for granted or whatever by being cautious with your star player.

Everyone who is an idiot.

I was adamant they should bench him. They made the right call.

imbecile

« Reply #184 on: January 08, 2013, 05:31:25 pm »

everyone says you're doing a disservice to the game or taking a playoff run for granted or whatever by being cautious with your star player.

Everyone who is an idiot.

I was adamant they should bench him. They made the right call.

Oh, i agree.  But the outrage over the decision and the comments from other managers and the press was pretty vicious. 

It sucks that it was RGIII, but this incident really has vindicated that move for a lot people.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #185 on: January 08, 2013, 06:58:36 pm »

GO RAVENS!!!!

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #186 on: January 08, 2013, 10:40:32 pm »
So how long until he drops this whole "the third" shit? I say by his 4th year, he's just Robert Griffin. That's too many words. An abundance, if you will. Superfluous.
Because he's The Third? Seeing as how his dad is Robert Griffin II.... and his grandad is Robert Griffin...

What about when they said Roy Helu Jr?

Listening to a physical therapist call into The Fan this morning, if it is a partial tear the worst case scenario is that he has delayed rehab and that he won't be up and running until November, worst case! I guess we'll find out later today for sure...

Actually there is a difference between II and Jr.  If his grandfather was RG Sr, his dad would have been Jr.  If his GREAT gradfather was the original RG, his dad would have been II.  Its Jr, Sr if there is no generation skipped but it is II if they skip a generation, technically speaking of course.  Now you know!
Isn't a Jr. if they have different middle names? Or is the II if they have the same middle names? Or does it just skip the Jr and the 3rd is the II and now RG3 is actually Robert Griffin 4...?

If they don't have the same middle names there is no generational qualifier involved at all.  Just like the two George Bush president.  One was GHWB the other GWB.  No Jr/Sr or anything of the sort.
FUKIT

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #187 on: January 09, 2013, 08:44:47 am »
Last year it was the complete opposite and everyone calling Jay Cutler a coward for coming out of the game.

Bad analogy. Jay Cuntler is one of the world's biggest bitches. If he wasn't such a huge bitch, he might get the benefit of the doubt in that situation. That's his problem.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #188 on: January 09, 2013, 11:28:40 am »
6-8 months if you're optimistic? This is what I'm hearing about the full knee re-constructive surgery. I also heard rehab can start as soon as 2 hours after the surgery!?
‼‼?‼‼

imbecile

« Reply #189 on: January 09, 2013, 11:41:47 am »
6-8 months if you're optimistic? This is what I'm hearing about the full knee re-constructive surgery. I also heard rehab can start as soon as 2 hours after the surgery!?

Nice, so rehab is set to begin any minute now.  Washington post was reporting that as of 7 AM he was in surgery.

James Ford

« Reply #190 on: January 09, 2013, 11:57:09 am »
Are you guys praying for RG3?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #191 on: January 09, 2013, 12:06:43 pm »
pointless.  football players have no soul to pray for.
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #192 on: January 09, 2013, 12:11:51 pm »
I pray for point spreads. Players can live, die, laugh, cry, I don't give a shit, just keep it under 4 points or whatever.
oword

shemptiness

« Reply #193 on: January 09, 2013, 12:15:36 pm »
So the Redskins' season ended at Wounded Knee.  Apropos, I'd say. 

Relaxer

« Reply #194 on: January 09, 2013, 12:35:14 pm »
Solid.
oword