Author Topic: True Confession Time  (Read 8075 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Re: True Confession Time
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 05:43:34 pm »
(o|o)

yohansen5b

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 06:40:24 pm »
Since Vansmack has admitted to being StubHub, I think it's only fair I reveal my true identity.

I'm actually "wonder kid" and "superstar" dj Avicii, responsible for the track "Levels" where I pasted in on top of my wicked trance beats an Etta James sample.  Funny thing is I've never been able to repeat that success on my laptop and the wicked Trance creation software I used for my first hit.

So I'm reaching out to you fellow EDM laptop warriors to help me create my next album.  You supply the sick beats, and throbbing synth samples.  And I might reward you with with prizes ranging from stickers and tote bags all the way up to press opportunities and official credits.

yo, avicii, are you playing the first or second weekend of Ultra?  hopefully not the second as miami is trying to shut that whole thing down.  i don't know why anyone would think Ultra contains a bunch of kids on mind-altering drugs.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 07:33:32 pm »
i find that to be an insult, no matter how you play it.  and this thread is a waste of me even typing in it.  there, that is my true confession.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 07:56:45 pm »
Since Vansmack has admitted to being StubHub, I think it's only fair I reveal my true identity.

I'm actually "wonder kid" and "superstar" dj Avicii, responsible for the track "Levels" where I pasted in on top of my wicked trance beats an Etta James sample.  Funny thing is I've never been able to repeat that success on my laptop and the wicked Trance creation software I used for my first hit.

So I'm reaching out to you fellow EDM laptop warriors to help me create my next album.  You supply the sick beats, and throbbing synth samples.  And I might reward you with with prizes ranging from stickers and tote bags all the way up to press opportunities and official credits.

yo, avicii, are you playing the first or second weekend of Ultra?  hopefully not the second as miami is trying to shut that whole thing down.  i don't know why anyone would think Ultra contains a bunch of kids on mind-altering drugs.

I'm throwing down the beats for the kidz the first week, even got my own hotel for the event.   Suck it Skrillex....   In my country people know the difference between a pole and tree, must be our those excellent directions we provide in the flat packs.
T.Rex

yohansen5b

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 08:59:24 pm »
I'm throwing down the beats for the kidz the first week, even got my own hotel for the event.   Suck it Skrillex....   In my country people know the difference between a pole and tree, must be our those excellent directions we provide in the flat packs.

looks like you still have a gig!  don't forget to drop the bass, the kids love that shit.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 09:24:12 pm »
I give up ever trying to trainspot contemporary EDM ever again.  David Guetta is considered a House DJ?   To me his stuff sounds like trance and nothing like the early house of the 80s.  Or is "Progressive House" just code for Trance to make it seem new and shiny. 
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 11:12:38 pm »
Or is "Progressive House" just code for Trance to make it seem new and shiny. 

whatever passes for prog house nowadays bares little resemblance to the stuff i danced to back in the late 90's.  now it's just kids trampling my lawn.
<sig>

madgypsy

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 01:43:44 am »
i'm actually madgypsy.

only taller.

and I am the Batman

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 10:45:26 am »
I've never seen so many sub-genres spring up as you see under the Electronic Music genre.   Last night I saw something referred to as LoveStep  :-\  What ever it was it was a pretty crap track.

As pointed out by sweetcell, Electronic Music Genre's also seem to get dumbed down as their reach a wider audience.  Dubstep was around several years before Skrillex started "dropping the bass".  As it suggests early Dudstep was the bring together of Drum and Bass and 2-step.  Now it's just of a bunch of EDM heads, sitting in front of laptops tweaking samples.   No sense of song structure in the Brostep...
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 11:08:09 am »
the creation of sub-sub-genres in electronic music is really interesting to me, in a can't-look-away sort of way.  i think it's because EDM is so democratic - anyone with a computer can make it, so they are also free to call "their genre" whatever they want.

did every rock band feel then need to label themselves differently? "we're not garage-rock, we're standing-out-in-the-driveway rock".  come to thing of it, metal does get into its myriad sub-genres.  but like EMD, the majority of the stuff that makes up those sub-genres is pure crap.
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 11:16:59 am »
i did a google on lovestep today, apparently it's also called Sexstep

and this will make one's head spin...

http://lovestep.fm/about

"Lovestep, also known in some circles as Soulstep, Chillstep, Dubwave, and Chillwave, is a sub-class of the Dubstep and UK Garage music genres. Lovestep has the same strong, dark, and rhythmic basslines as Dubstep, but lacks the heavy distortions commonly found in Dubstep tracks. Instead, Lovestep songs tend to have more melodic undertones, with occasional vocal sampling from western Pop and R&B tracks. Future Garage, Minimal, Glitch, Downtempo, & Deep House should be considered both as influencers, and close cousins of the Lovestep genre."

so basically Lovestep is equivalent to Handbag House  ;D
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 11:31:20 am »
When I was still living in the Detroit Area several years ago, I walked into what I thought was to be a new record store called "Rock and Roll Hunters".  What was missing from the sign I saw were the words "Ted Nugent's Rock and Roll Hunters".  What I walked into was a shop for bow hunters... Needless to say, I turned around very quickly, given the unwelcome stares I got from those already in the store.
T.Rex

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 03:36:21 pm »
3MTA3

vansmack

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 03:39:48 pm »
the creation of sub-sub-genres in electronic music is really interesting to me, in a can't-look-away sort of way. 

I feel the same way about the photos that come out of today's EDM shows....
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 04:20:07 pm »
I feel the same way about the photos that come out of today's EDM shows....

sweetcell likes this.
<sig>