Author Topic: SUPER BOWL  (Read 38413 times)

K8teebug

Re: SUPER BOWL
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2013, 11:25:41 am »
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/01/wing-week-old-bay-wings.html

I made these last night and they were terrific.  Left them in the fridge overnight.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2013, 11:38:16 am »
congrats to the ravens!

i can't imagine the sh*t-storm that would have ensued had SF come back and won after the blackout.

had a pretty big party at our place.  made way too much food, highlights were buffalo chicken perogies, curried potato & fava perogies, BBQ'ed spicy maple ribs, fresh baked bread, more dips that we knew what to do with, and 2 kinds of homemade cake.  i somehow managed not to eat too much.  good thing the stuff was so tasty b/c i'll be eating it all week...  4 different types of homebrew were consumed.  people brought commercial beers but i don't thing a single one was opened.  overall the culinary experience was better than the game IMO ;D

Also, as I was in a bar drinking it got me out of my buzz. 

you should sue the NFL for compensation.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2013, 11:52:12 am »
Last Wednesday, I decided that instead of just watching the game with my buddy and my 2 kids, I'd invite one or two other dudes on my street and their kids. That idea snowballed (thanks wife) and the result was 22 damn kids running around upstairs breaking shit. And there were probably 15 adults, meaning a shortage of chairs and I had to sit on the damn floor and didn't even get any wings.

JESUS

This describes my night perfectly.  Except for the wings.  I got wings.

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2013, 12:34:17 pm »
Two Super Bowls in a row with a safety!  Glad to see that the underappreciated safety is making a comeback this decade.

atomicfront

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2013, 12:53:26 pm »
So a group of use were in a super crowded bar.  During the lights out part of the game this girl squeezes through and bumps into my wife.  And then she apologizes profusely to my wife for bumping into her boobs.  And then she apologizes to me for it.  And after she is done apologizing she grabs both of my wifes boobs and squeezes them.   That was pretty weird.  Anyway I did get wings. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2013, 12:55:15 pm »
a) how drunk was this woman?

b)  how hot was she?

c) did you get any video?

d) what kind of wings?
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2013, 01:21:19 pm »
a.  none

b.  of it

c.  happened

d.  because atomicfront isn't

e.  who he says he is

James Ford

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2013, 01:37:20 pm »
I was walking my dog at halftime, so all I took away was that the Ravens are better than the Redskins.

All I took away from the game is how god damn incredible Beyonce looks.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2013, 02:14:59 pm »
I was walking my dog at halftime, so all I took away was that the Ravens are better than the Redskins.

All I took away from the game is how god damn incredible Beyonce looks.
>:( dick hole
‼‼?‼‼

Got Haggis?

« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2013, 02:17:32 pm »
i'm always been a supporter of the underdog and very glad that the Ravens won the game.  seriously getting tired of the announcers during the game.  especially banter like "You know Jim, in 1975 the Columbus Combines came back to win after being down 21 to 6 at the half".    (all sports announcers are name Jim).

no shit!!!

Phil Simms is the worst.  Even after the Ravens won, he said something like he expects the 49ers to be around for a long time, however the Ravens will be nothing without Ray Lewis.

I think he just had a hardon for Krappytats.

K8teebug

« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2013, 02:23:18 pm »
i'm always been a supporter of the underdog and very glad that the Ravens won the game.  seriously getting tired of the announcers during the game.  especially banter like "You know Jim, in 1975 the Columbus Combines came back to win after being down 21 to 6 at the half".    (all sports announcers are name Jim).

no shit!!!

Phil Simms is the worst.  Even after the Ravens won, he said something like he expects the 49ers to be around for a long time, however the Ravens will be nothing without Ray Lewis.

I think he just had a hardon for Krappytats.

I heard that.  Because they totally didn't win any games without him and Kreuger can't tackle AT ALL.  What an ass.

atomicfront

« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2013, 02:28:46 pm »
I just like how all the announcers on the pre-game show picked against the ravens in every single round.  Even shannon sharpe picked against the ravens yesterday.  Only one guy out of 5 picked the ravens.  With such bad accuracy I hope they just give up predicting games.  They have proven they can't pick a winner.  WHy continue the charade.

The one good thing at the bar was everyone was screaming and a dj was playing so I heard zero things the announcers said during the game. 

vansmack

« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2013, 02:32:19 pm »
So a group of use were in a super crowded bar.  During the lights out part of the game this girl squeezes through and bumps into my wife.  And then she apologizes profusely to my wife for bumping into her boobs.  And then she apologizes to me for it.  And after she is done apologizing she grabs both of my wifes boobs and squeezes them.   That was pretty weird.  Anyway I did get wings. 

I know that girl.
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2013, 02:36:39 pm »
I just like how all the announcers on the pre-game show picked against the ravens in every single round.  Even shannon sharpe picked against the ravens yesterday.  Only one guy out of 5 picked the ravens.  With such bad accuracy I hope they just give up predicting games.  They have proven they can't pick a winner.  WHy continue the charade.

Lol.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2013, 02:43:25 pm »

The one good thing at the bar was everyone was screaming and a dj was playing so I heard zero things the announcers said during the game. 

you've completely missed the point (again).  winners aren't predestined.  on paper, the 49ers were the better team and were the understandable favorite.  the ravens were the better team on the field and won, for whatever reason... ever hear the expression "on any given sunday"?  ever heard of an upset?  you can't all pick an upset, otherwise it's not an upset.  so guessing the winner wrong, on one game, isn't grounds for suspension. 

however:

the "coverage" (term used very, very loosely) during the blackout was downright painful.  we all know those hacks are talentless but during a regular show there are enough graphics and video highlights to hide the fact that these guys are idiots.  but during the blackout there was nothing to hide behind and they predictably failed to rise to the challenge of filling time with interesting banter.

just got this link from Hoya - nails it:
http://deadspin.com/5981428/it-took-a-blackout-to-show-you-how-truly-useless-nfl-broadcasters-are
<sig>