Author Topic: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?  (Read 590745 times)

Re: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?
« Reply #2220 on: November 15, 2022, 05:43:31 pm »
I mean why am I going out of my way to spend hundreds of dollars for this?
definitely don't do parenting for the 'likes'
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2221 on: November 15, 2022, 07:01:36 pm »

dang... sidehatch with the killer parenting advice.  nice one.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2222 on: November 16, 2022, 02:23:56 pm »
King Gizzard @ Carnation Farms
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #2223 on: November 16, 2022, 02:53:07 pm »

I'm glad someone understood what he was saying. I mean, I understood what he was saying, but not how it related to what I said.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2224 on: November 16, 2022, 07:41:07 pm »

I'm glad someone understood what he was saying. I mean, I understood what he was saying, but not how it related to what I said.

you asked "why am I going out of my way to spend hundreds of dollars for this?" - the implication being that you're doing it to be nice, AKA "get a like" (term stolen from social media).
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
😐 🎶

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2227 on: November 17, 2022, 05:19:16 pm »
Ticketmaster suspends Taylor Swift ticket sales set for Friday after chaotic early rollout
I just don't understand. If these people want to see Taylor Swift so badly, why don't they just book her for a private concert?
LVMH

« Reply #2228 on: November 17, 2022, 05:28:00 pm »
Ticketmaster suspends Taylor Swift ticket sales set for Friday after chaotic early rollout
I just don't understand. If these people want to see Taylor Swift so badly, why don't they just book her for a private concert?
It's one concert, Michael. What could it cost, $10?
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2229 on: November 17, 2022, 07:22:51 pm »

from the article:
"Ticketmaster announced Thursday afternoon that it was halting public ticket sales of Taylor Swift’s “Eras” tour on Friday due to “extraordinarily high demands on ticketing systems and insufficient remaining ticket inventory” to meet demand."

first off, calling off an onsale due to high demand isn't a thing.  their business is literally to meet that demand, and TM constantly touts its supposedly unique ability to handle large onsales. buck up, TM, and deal with the surge.  bring in temporary computing muscle if that's the issue.

second, "insufficient remaining ticket inventory"??  so they sold all the tickets during the presale?  who effed up that one??  or, scenario #2: TM saw that demand from a limited portion of the market (those who got in on the presale) for a limited portion of the inventory (the fraction that was allotted to presales) was more than they could handle, so they bailed on facing off against the whole of the market for the larger portion of the inventory.

if scenario #2 is correct, there are still lots of tickets left.  gee, i wonder what TM will do with a pile of the most in-demand tickets ever that need to be sold but they won't "can't" sell them out the front door... hmmm.... i wonder...
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #2230 on: November 17, 2022, 07:26:37 pm »
Yeah I just don’t understand what’s going on here. Unless they sold a ton of tickets during presales this makes little sense.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2231 on: November 17, 2022, 07:40:30 pm »
They'll all be "platinum" sales, i.e., variable pricing.

Starsky

« Reply #2232 on: November 17, 2022, 08:02:17 pm »
I thought she wasn’t using variable pricing

I don’t know what artists can do when people are trying to buy tickets just to scalp them. In today’s world it seems everyone is a would be scalper.

Space Freely

« Reply #2233 on: November 17, 2022, 08:07:41 pm »
Yeah I just don’t understand what’s going on here. Unless they sold a ton of tickets during presales this makes little sense.

I had heard that there were 2.9 million total tickets and they wre saving 800,000 of those for the general sale. I'm betting they're now saing them to be sold at a much higher price, like Sweetcell said.

Starsky

« Reply #2234 on: November 17, 2022, 09:13:23 pm »
I thought they had fixed prices but I guess they could change the price level sections.

Honestly making tickets more expensive doesn’t seem like something Taylor would do. Didn’t she get burned with a previous onsale?

I really haven’t been following this cause  I am not like a Swiftie Stan.