Author Topic: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?  (Read 575018 times)

Yada

Re: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?
« Reply #2235 on: November 17, 2022, 09:28:16 pm »
Have I taught you all NOTHING about tickets over the past decade?

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #2236 on: November 17, 2022, 09:37:07 pm »
Shame at Ottobar.  No issues whatever.  Taylor should learn from this sale.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2237 on: November 17, 2022, 10:55:59 pm »
Swiftie Stan.

since swifties are, by definition, stans, saying "swiftie stan" is redundant.  like "ATM machine".

Have I taught you all NOTHING about tickets over the past decade?

that is correct.
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #2238 on: November 17, 2022, 11:19:38 pm »
I think it’s that they sold out.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2239 on: November 17, 2022, 11:46:32 pm »
They sold out a long time ago

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2240 on: November 18, 2022, 11:56:49 am »
Some insight into Ticketbastard from the founder of Songkick who sued them for abuse of market power along the way...

also and this explains a lot regarding the undercard acts at most large festivals...

Within a few years LN/TM was also the largest festival promoter in the world, the largest artist management company

https://twitter.com/soundboy/status/1593549611431493632?s=20&t=uNKI_Tvj9i7V8230N4gOqg

oh and I got a ticket for Lady Wray :)
T.Rex

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #2241 on: November 18, 2022, 02:28:01 pm »
Justice Department Said to Investigate Ticketmaster’s Parent Company

The inquiry predates the botched presale of Taylor Swift tickets this week and is said to focus on whether Live Nation has abused its power in the live music industry.
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2242 on: November 18, 2022, 03:50:46 pm »
Justice Department Said to Investigate Ticketmaster’s Parent Company

The inquiry predates the botched presale of Taylor Swift tickets this week and is said to focus on whether Live Nation has abused its power in the live music industry.

so will this be considered a weaponization of the DOJ?
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #2243 on: November 18, 2022, 05:10:53 pm »
so will this be considered a weaponization of the DOJ?

If there's one thing elected officials are not going to tolerate, it's tears in the eyes of their granddaughters.

(also worth noting that Liberty Media owns 31% of Live Nation in case you're looking for the attack from the right)
27>34

Starsky

« Reply #2244 on: November 18, 2022, 05:11:16 pm »
Follow the $

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2245 on: November 18, 2022, 05:45:47 pm »
Blur, both Wembley shows.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 06:18:47 pm by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2246 on: November 18, 2022, 06:52:38 pm »
Taylor Swift: Ticketmaster fiasco ‘excruciating for me’

key quote:

Ticketmaster noted on Thursday that more than two million tickets were sold Tuesday for Swift’s upcoming tour — the most ever for an artist in a single day. The company also said that demand for tickets to the Eras Tour was twice that of 2022’s top five tours and the Super Bowl combined.

the fact that this was, at a minimum, 6X of anything they saw in the past year gives me a bit of sympathy for TM.  and i'm not sure that competition would have mitigated this: more players = smaller piece of the pie each = less money to invest in the required infrastructure.
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #2247 on: November 19, 2022, 01:26:39 pm »
They charge a ton of money in charges and can’t provide the service? What about the millions that wasted all day trying to get tickets? What about all their screw the fan policies like not even telling you the ticket price until you pull it up?

I think there needs to be some regulation of the service they provide.  Not to mention they really keep fans in the dark about variable pricing, and it’s hard to distinguish ticket resellers on the site from TM!

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #2248 on: November 19, 2022, 02:20:53 pm »
amen to that brother

They charge a ton of money in charges and can’t provide the service? What about the millions that wasted all day trying to get tickets? What about all their screw the fan policies like not even telling you the ticket price until you pull it up?

I think there needs to be some regulation of the service they provide.  Not to mention they really keep fans in the dark about variable pricing, and it’s hard to distinguish ticket resellers on the site from TM!

Space Freely

« Reply #2249 on: November 19, 2022, 06:46:53 pm »
Taylor Swift: Ticketmaster fiasco ‘excruciating for me’

key quote:

Ticketmaster noted on Thursday that more than two million tickets were sold Tuesday for Swift’s upcoming tour — the most ever for an artist in a single day. The company also said that demand for tickets to the Eras Tour was twice that of 2022’s top five tours and the Super Bowl combined.

the fact that this was, at a minimum, 6X of anything they saw in the past year gives me a bit of sympathy for TM.  and i'm not sure that competition would have mitigated this: more players = smaller piece of the pie each = less money to invest in the required infrastructure.
Maybe they should have staggered the on sale day for the 52 shows rather than putting them all on sale the same Day?