Author Topic: atomicfront's Thread of Contrarianism?  (Read 126881 times)

atomicfront

Re: atomicfront's Thread of Contrarianism?
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2013, 02:14:31 pm »
atomicfront:

worst taste in beer: ✓
worst taste in comedians: ✓
worst taste in music: ✓
worst taste in movies: ✓

Do people who have the worst taste always think others have the worst taste? Or is it just you?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2013, 02:18:38 pm »
atomicfront:

He also liked The Hangover.

EDIT: Yada beat me to it. Still, he liked The Hangover. I can't get over that.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2013, 02:25:12 pm »
atomicfront:

He also liked The Hangover.

EDIT: Yada beat me to it. Still, he liked The Hangover. I can't get over that.

You can't get over the fact that someone liked Hangover?  It made a ton of money and was like the hit of the summer it came out.  Every guy I have ever met has loved it.  Zach G. is hilarious in that movie.  The second was terrible but first one was a comedy masterpiece.

It is the highest grossing R rated comedy in history.  What next you can't get over someone liking Star Wars?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2013, 02:36:53 pm »
Comparing The Hangover to Star Wars completely nullifies any of your arguements.

High School Musical grossed a bajillion dollars too, does that mean it's the best movie? Fuck no.
‼‼?‼‼

wml7

« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2013, 02:38:37 pm »
I bet he finds Ishtar to be a masterpiece

James Ford

« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2013, 03:21:18 pm »
I know you guys are going to bash me for bringing this up, but the Hangover was even CRITICALLY acclaimed.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-hangover 

I only drop that fact because "big hit of the summer" movies typically are bashed by critics.

So this movie was seen (and loved?) by the masses, AND liked the critics.

Except for DFA, who thinks it's the worst fuggin movie ever.

atomicfront

« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2013, 04:00:29 pm »
Comparing The Hangover to Star Wars completely nullifies any of your arguements.

High School Musical grossed a bajillion dollars too, does that mean it's the best movie? Fuck no.

I have never seen High School musical.  But if it made a billion dollars I am sure people enjoyed the movie so it shouldn't come as a shock to you that someone liked it.  You like a lot of people on here have issues with people liking things that you don't.   And then saying they have bad taste like you are the barometer of good taste.  I don't know who was bashing my musical taste and then they were hopeful that Queens of the Stone age were playing in the area.  Really that is who you like?

stevewizzle

« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2013, 04:16:06 pm »
You like a lot of people on here have issues with people liking things that you don't.

Queens of the Stone age....  Really that is who you like?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2013, 04:23:02 pm »
damn, you are still talking about the hangover . . . arent you.  i have never seen a more stylish film, be so stupid.  everything except the acting the writing, were top fing notch.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2013, 05:04:55 pm »
I know you guys are going to bash me for bringing this up, but the Hangover was even CRITICALLY acclaimed.

I only drop that fact because "big hit of the summer" movies typically are bashed by critics.

OMG CRITICS LOVED IT

Then we turn around and bash the Grammy's and the Academy Awards and Golden Globes?

Sit down. If Pitchfork said The Hangover ruled everyone on here would turn around and say it was flaming shit.

IF you don't thing that movie sucked an insane amount then that is TOTALLY fine. My opinion is mine, yours is yours, I'll think less of you for it, but at the end of the day who cares what I think. Luckily, this is a discussion forum where I can pan whoever likes The Hangover.

That movie fucking SUCKED. FUCKING. SUCKED. I can sit on here and talk all day about how much it sucked and it still won't do any justice to the level of suckitude that movie emitted.

Fuck me. That movie really, really, really fucking sucked. It sucked so hard. It's like they wrote a bunch of bro slogans for cheap beach screen print shirts and made people say them on a movie just so they could pump out stupid fucking shit for stupid fucking people to buy.

That. Movie. Sucked. So. Fucking. Hard. I will go on. I think it's a shame how many people liked that piece of stinky shit movie.
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2013, 05:11:40 pm »

I have never seen High School musical.  But if it made a billion dollars I am sure people enjoyed the movie so it shouldn't come as a shock to you that someone liked it.  You like a lot of people on here have issues with people liking things that you don't.   And then saying they have bad taste like you are the barometer of good taste.  I don't know who was bashing my musical taste and then they were hopeful that Queens of the Stone age were playing in the area.  Really that is who you like?

I don't have a problem with it, I don't think I could be anymore clear that you are entitled to your shitty opinion, that's fine. I know 2 tons of people who don't like Queens, so what? I don't give a shit. i think they kick tits. You can go listen to your Lumineers records and be happy, I don't care. You're just boring and bland to me. And I hope I am to you. So that you'll just become so bored you stop posting here.

Because it's always the same boring shit. Like you. Just making me yawn.

Queens Of The Stone Age fucking RULE. The Hangover sucked more than any Kardashian ever. EVER.
‼‼?‼‼

Yada

« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2013, 05:33:26 pm »
atomicfront:

worst taste in movies: ✓
mullet: ✓
not really atomicfront (Julian): ✓

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2013, 07:48:26 pm »
no not julian . . . i dont think the essence is the same, anymore.  i would say brian more than likely.  but who knows. 

James Ford

« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2013, 08:32:18 pm »
You do realize that the Oscars, Golden Globes, and Grammy's are picked by industry people and not critics, right?

OMG CRITICS LOVED IT

Then we turn around and bash the Grammy's and the Academy Awards and Golden Globes?

Sit down. If Pitchfork said The Hangover ruled everyone on here would turn around and say it was flaming shit.

IF you don't thing that movie sucked an insane amount then that is TOTALLY fine. My opinion is mine, yours is yours, I'll think less of you for it, but at the end of the day who cares what I think. Luckily, this is a discussion forum where I can pan whoever likes The Hangover.

That movie fucking SUCKED. FUCKING. SUCKED. I can sit on here and talk all day about how much it sucked and it still won't do any justice to the level of suckitude that movie emitted.

Fuck me. That movie really, really, really fucking sucked. It sucked so hard. It's like they wrote a bunch of bro slogans for cheap beach screen print shirts and made people say them on a movie just so they could pump out stupid fucking shit for stupid fucking people to buy.

That. Movie. Sucked. So. Fucking. Hard. I will go on. I think it's a shame how many people liked that piece of stinky shit movie.

atomicfront

« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2013, 10:04:35 am »

I don't have a problem with it, I don't think I could be anymore clear that you are entitled to your shitty opinion, that's fine. I know 2 tons of people who don't like Queens, so what? I don't give a shit. i think they kick tits. You can go listen to your Lumineers records and be happy, I don't care. You're just boring and bland to me. And I hope I am to you. So that you'll just become so bored you stop posting here.

Because it's always the same boring shit. Like you. Just making me yawn.

Queens Of The Stone Age fucking RULE. The Hangover sucked more than any Kardashian ever. EVER.

I just watched "This is the end" last night and there is this short conversation between  Jay Baruchel and Craig Robinson that is appropiate for this discussion.  Craig says something like "you are hipster, aren't you"  Jay: "I am not a hipster".  Craig "What about movies?  You hate movies that are universally loved,  What did you think about 'Forest Gump"   Jay: "I F'in Hated it"  Craig " I thought so and your jeans are skinny at the bottom as well"