Author Topic: Edward Snowden Playlist  (Read 35054 times)

atomicfront

Re: Edward Snowden Playlist
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2013, 05:34:40 pm »

He broke the law so he deserves to go to jail.

So you would have thrown Rosa Parks in jail? Even high school dropouts know that's wrong.

So you believe laws protecting national security are wrong and are comparable to racism in the US South in the 1960's? 

My question wasn't about national security. It was about whether or not all law breaking should be punished. Rosa Parks broke the law. Should she have been punished?

Well do you think serial killers should be punished?  If we don't prosecute people who divulge national security secrets than we should get rid of the whole NSA and CIA and save a lot of money.

atomicfront

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2013, 05:37:12 pm »
Forgot to address this earlier. He did one interview with Greenwald/Poitras and one AMA with the Guardian. What about that makes him a sociopath? Is he not entitled to say his piece at all?
And yeah, if he did not out himself, he probably would have disappeared forever already.

Edit: I guess there were a couple others. Still, that does not change the fact that he has a right to say his piece.

I think there is a good chance he is a sociopath.  why grant all those interviews?

Say his piece and then stay in the country and let a jury decide whether he deserves to serve jail time or not.  Hiding in other countries?  Come on. 

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2013, 05:39:14 pm »

So you would have thrown Rosa Parks in jail? Even high school dropouts know that's wrong.

So you believe laws protecting national security are wrong and are comparable to racism in the US South in the 1960's? 

My question wasn't about national security. It was about whether or not all law breaking should be punished. Rosa Parks broke the law. Should she have been punished?

Well do you think serial killers should be punished?  If we don't prosecute people who divulge national security secrets than we should get rid of the whole NSA and CIA and save a lot of money.

Again, avoiding the question. Should Rosa Parks have been punished for breaking the law?
😐 🎶

atomicfront

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2013, 05:40:37 pm »

Again, avoiding the question. Should Rosa Parks have been punished for breaking the law?

She sat on the wrong seat on the bus.  Sure they can prosecute her all they want if that is the law.   The problem is the law was unconstitutional.  Prosecute her and then lose in the supreme court that works for me.   

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2013, 05:43:23 pm »

She sat on the wrong seat on the bus.  Sure they can prosecute her all they want if that is the law.   The problem is the law was unconstitutional.  Prosecute her and then lose in the supreme court that works for me.   

What if SCOTUS had upheld the law? Would you have been okay with that?
😐 🎶

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2013, 05:57:31 pm »
this thread is stupid  -  the other ones here

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2013, 06:02:09 pm »
this thread is stupid  -  the other ones here

Yeah, pretty soon we'll be talking about our favorite airports. I wonder which one Snowden will land in?

Paul Pena - Jet Airliner
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2013, 06:06:23 pm »
Well only two American Civilians have ever been executed for spying.  So if Snowden is indeed tried and convicted as a spy, he should rot away at Club Fed like Edward Ames, a spy that caused real damage.

Rockwell - Somebody Is Watching Me.

The Kinks -Paranoia

T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2013, 06:08:44 pm »
Wrong song title
The Kinks - Destroyer
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2013, 06:14:07 pm »
I need a fact checker due to old age - Aldrich Ames
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2013, 06:31:32 pm »

What is the deal with your obsession with Rosa Parks.  Rosa Parks did not get arrested and then go to Moscow.  I think you are thinking of Lee Harvey Oswald. 

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2013, 07:17:54 pm »

What is the deal with your obsession with Rosa Parks.  Rosa Parks did not get arrested and then go to Moscow.  I think you are thinking of Lee Harvey Oswald. 

You said "He broke the law so he deserves to go to jail." Therefore, it follows that you believe that anybody that breaks a law deserves punishment. Rosa Parks broke a law. Did she deserve to be punished for it? Going by your assertion about breaking laws and punishment, it follows that you would also believe that she deserved punishment. But I don't think you actually believe that. Somewhere, you believe that there is a difference between breaking just laws and unjust laws, and that you have your own opinion as to what laws are just and unjust, i.e. you don't simply follow what SCOTUS determines to be constitutional or not. You don't really believe that we live in a this-or-that world and you are capable of nuance. Or am I wrong about you?
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2013, 10:33:44 pm »

She sat on the wrong seat on the bus.  Sure they can prosecute her all they want if that is the law.   The problem is the law was unconstitutional.  Prosecute her and then lose in the supreme court that works for me.  

and you think PRISM is constitutional? 

same same.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2013, 10:42:31 pm »

I guess people here would want Harriet Tubman behind bars too..

stevewizzle

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2013, 11:36:26 pm »
new week, new person telling tommyfresh he's stupid.