Author Topic: Since the gun ban has been reversed...  (Read 124020 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: Since the gun ban has been reversed...
« Reply #285 on: July 08, 2011, 04:52:59 pm »
^ I thought that was what they did in DC.

In Baltimore, it's well known that they send them to the polls on Election Days.

....as they do in Chicago.

Relaxer

« Reply #286 on: July 27, 2011, 04:37:35 pm »
I think we need to follow this story very carefully.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/07/woman-allegedly-snatches-baby-from-stroller-slams-him-against-rail.html

Woman allegedly pulls baby from stroller, slams him against truck

A 36-year-old woman allegedly snatched an infant from his stroller and slammed him into the metal railing of a truck as his mother and aunt tried to fight her off, police said Wednesday.

The woman, Natasha Hubbard, later told police she wanted to eat the baby's arm. The baby suffered only minor injuries.

Adriana Miranda, 29, was pushing her 4-month-old son in a stroller on Boyd Street on Thursday when Hubbard allegedly reached into the stroller, unbelted the infant and swung him overhead, police said.

She then slammed him into the metal rail of a nearby truck.

Police said the mother and her sister tried to fight the woman off.

Miranda was eventually able to grab her baby, but Hubbard allegedly kept trying to fight, scratching at her while Miranda held the baby in her arms.

oword

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #287 on: September 18, 2011, 11:42:09 am »
back to my original theory that zombies are not fresh anymore . . . and need to go away.

this is just . . . sad.

http://runforyourlives.com/locations/baltimore/

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #288 on: October 18, 2011, 04:31:49 pm »
is it too soon to talk about the season premiere of walking dead?  i thought for sure that the last scene was going to catch up with the book (killing you-know-who), definitely was not expecting the end result
(o|o)

nkotb

« Reply #289 on: October 18, 2011, 04:34:17 pm »
I'm with you...my wife and I were definitely expecting them to go the way you're alluding too.  Kind of nice to delay things to get a bit more character development.  Plus, couldn't be more psyched for where they're headed next.

Also, I'm not sure what I just typed :(

is it too soon to talk about the season premiere of walking dead?  i thought for sure that the last scene was going to catch up with the book (killing you-know-who), definitely was not expecting the end result

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #290 on: October 18, 2011, 04:36:59 pm »
I'm with you...my wife and I were definitely expecting them to go the way you're alluding too.  Kind of nice to delay things to get a bit more character development.  Plus, couldn't be more psyched for where they're headed next.

do you think they're just completely giving up any semblance of keeping with the book?  i think i'd prefer that to mirroring broad strokes (prison, the governor, etc) but changing little details
(o|o)

nkotb

« Reply #291 on: October 18, 2011, 04:41:29 pm »
I doubt it...if they were smart, they'd know they HAD to hit certain things in the storylines, but getting there in different manners/timeframes/etc. will help them keep it interesting for fans of the comic as well.  Case in point, the ending of the premiere: out of order, so I didn't  see it coming, but still hitting that major milestone in the story and propelling things along.

I'm definitely OK with differences along the way...keeps me on the edge of my seat, for sure.  That scene on the highway had me more anxious than I've been in a while...well, except the Breaking Bad finale.

do you think they're just completely giving up any semblance of keeping with the book?  i think i'd prefer that to mirroring broad strokes (prison, the governor, etc) but changing little details

nkotb

« Reply #292 on: March 06, 2012, 10:22:24 am »
So yeah...I'm guessing they're doing their best to keep fans of the comics on their toes too.  Didn't see that coming at all.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #293 on: March 07, 2012, 12:04:36 pm »
So yeah...I'm guessing they're doing their best to keep fans of the comics on their toes too.  Didn't see that coming at all.

SPOILER ALERT!

what a shame, his "tainted meat!" ending in fear the hunters is fantastic!
(o|o)

nkotb

« Reply #294 on: March 20, 2012, 09:26:41 am »
Well that finale was amazing.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #295 on: March 27, 2012, 08:27:53 pm »
just finished the final episode of season one to the walking dead.  i don't have cable so it has been tough to stay away from all the talk about season two.  this show might just be the very best, the authority of everything else that has been done before it.  i am tired of the zombie.  i have seen in my life, all things zombie.  every movie.  every premise.  every director.  i worship the zombie.  but i got tired.  i do feel good that a show of this caliber can come along and make reworship the zombie.  i actually cried at the end of season one, with the guy at the cdc and what happened there.  good lord, thank you walking dead!

also, is this bad . . . i want a tshirt.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #296 on: April 05, 2012, 08:03:48 pm »
This could just as easily go in the Onion thread.

Russia developing a gun that turns people into zombies (seriously)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #297 on: April 10, 2012, 11:13:21 am »
Brew For Your Life: Last Call
Who?s going to survive the zombie apocalypse? Homebrewers, that?s who. Find out why.

http://byo.com/stories/issue/article/issues/291-marapr-2012/2523-brew-for-your-life-last-call

(some inside baseball, but funny IMO)
<sig>

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #298 on: May 08, 2012, 01:24:05 pm »
(o|o)

evilizac

WHAT?