Author Topic: Gastronomical Banter  (Read 457846 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Gastronomical Banter
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 11:46:45 am »
dupont is worse.  every fag (im a fag so i say fag) will believe everything food they put in their mouth from dupont, including cocks, are the best food and cocks to put in your mouth, but they are not.  there are better cocks around town, so go put them in your mouth.

Yada

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 11:54:27 am »
dupont is worse.  every fag (im a fag so i say fag) will believe everything food they put in their mouth from dupont, including cocks, are the best food and cocks to put in your mouth, but they are not.  there are better cocks around town, so go put them in your mouth.

I can name about three good restaurants in Dupont... if that. I'm not a fag though.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 11:55:39 am »
its ok . . . we all cant be fags.

killsaly

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 12:35:46 pm »
food

imbecile

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2013, 12:56:01 pm »
I have yet to go to Le Diplomate, but have read many wondrous things about it.  Anybody been?

I'm so tired of the 14th street scene and getting pretty darn close to tired of the H Street scene.

Is there any vetting process done for the restaurants that pop up on these streets or are they critically acclaimed just because they're there? I've had more shitty food on those strips in DC than anywhere else and all anyone does it talk them up... Bunch of over priced crap IMO.

Does H street even have a restaurant scene?  I've lived here for several years and eaten at just about every place on H street.  The only places I'd recommend to people are Ethiopic and Atlas Room.  There are a few other serviceable places, but nothing worth travelling over here for.

Yada

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 01:43:31 pm »
I have yet to go to Le Diplomate, but have read many wondrous things about it.  Anybody been?

I'm so tired of the 14th street scene and getting pretty darn close to tired of the H Street scene.

Is there any vetting process done for the restaurants that pop up on these streets or are they critically acclaimed just because they're there? I've had more shitty food on those strips in DC than anywhere else and all anyone does it talk them up... Bunch of over priced crap IMO.

Does H street even have a restaurant scene?  I've lived here for several years and eaten at just about every place on H street.  The only places I'd recommend to people are Ethiopic and Atlas Room.  There are a few other serviceable places, but nothing worth travelling over here for.

A three to four hour wait for a restaurant like Toki on a Friday night = a scene to me.

imbecile

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 03:09:57 pm »

A three to four hour wait for a restaurant like Toki on a Friday night = a scene to me.

Ohhh yeah, forgot about that place.  It has created a bit of a scene, granted.  Went once when it opened and have never been back because it's always a zoo.

killsaly

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 03:11:05 pm »
I could not imagine waiting that long for a restaurant. 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2013, 03:12:50 pm »

Especially when its 2 blocks from Granville Moore!

atomicfront

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2013, 03:15:24 pm »

Hall hour is my limit.  Golden west is only place I eat that doesn't take reservations.  I

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2013, 03:23:56 pm »
I'm guessing you've already crossed Little Serow off your list, then.

Yada

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2013, 03:28:07 pm »

Ohhh yeah, forgot about that place.  It has created a bit of a scene, granted.  Went once when it opened and have never been back because it's always a zoo.

I ate at Vendetta a few weeks ago and not exaggerating one bit, it was the worst meal I've had in DC. The burnt my gnocci... it was literally charred, how does that happen?

killsaly

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2013, 03:32:17 pm »

Hall hour is my limit.  Golden west is only place I eat that doesn't take reservations.  I

I have been meaning to eat there... I love it as a music venue, and have heard good things about the food (I usually eat before I leave my house so I never tried it).

stevewizzle

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2013, 05:29:16 pm »

pro-tip. toki does takeout.

they also do reservations, me thinks.

granville moore usually has a wait, too.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2013, 08:54:53 am »

pro-tip. toki does takeout.

they also do reservations, me thinks.

granville moore usually has a wait, too.

yeah we get toki takeout every other week or so -- they do a really good job with their to-go packaging (separating broth from noodles & fixins)

and yes, H Street has a restaurant scene.

favorites: atlas rooom, toki, ethiopic, granville moore's
with the kids: argonaut, h & pizza, taylor

Union Market is amazing.  That is all.
(o|o)