Author Topic: Gastronomical Banter  (Read 467023 times)

Unsanity

Re: Gastronomical Banter
« Reply #285 on: November 21, 2013, 03:35:00 am »
Has anyone been to the Satellite Room yet by the club?

Should I expect it to be an absolute mob scene prior to a show?

Maybe if the show is sold out. I went there a few times between sets (at non-sold out shows) and had no problem finding seats. They got boozed up milkshakes!

Yada

« Reply #286 on: November 21, 2013, 10:08:47 am »

Should I expect it to be an absolute mob scene prior to a show?

Maybe if the show is sold out. I went there a few times between sets (at non-sold out shows) and had no problem finding seats. They got boozed up milkshakes!

Diapers provided?

« Reply #287 on: November 21, 2013, 10:12:35 am »
Been a few times.  Went Monday before the Sky show, but that show was a bunch of underage kids...so understandably no one was at the Satellite room.

After the Alt-J show we went there and ended up hanging with the band who showed up to get some drinks (used to be some times at the Velvet lounge the acts would show up after shows....now so many options down there don't think that happens much any more)

If you smoke (cigs that is) it is nice as they have an outdoor area with heat lamps, so you can have your drink and your smoke at the same time
slack

« Reply #288 on: November 21, 2013, 10:13:36 am »
They got boozed up milkshakes!
Those milkshakes are really good...only sampled one, but I'd get one on the next visit
slack

James Ford

« Reply #289 on: November 21, 2013, 10:51:48 am »
I bet your cigarettes kill you faster than the Papa John's my daughter insisted on last night.

Yada

« Reply #290 on: November 25, 2013, 12:13:54 pm »
Satellite Room... Extremely mediocre food (at least the wings/quesadillas we had), great bar/space, two hearted ale on tap. It's quite nice to have a large bar right next to the 930 for pre gaming, will frequent in the future.

Roses Luxury on Capitol Hill - Hands down the best meal I've had in DC in recent months (maybe in the past year). Six of us went on Saturday evening and ordered the entire menu minus one item. There was only one mediocre item out of the entire order which was a strange strawberry pasta. It's mainly small plates with two family style platters, the menu changes pretty much weekly. ****

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #291 on: November 25, 2013, 01:03:34 pm »
Roses Luxury on Capitol Hill - Hands down the best meal I've had in DC in recent months (maybe in the past year). Six of us went on Saturday evening and ordered the entire menu minus one item. There was only one mediocre item out of the entire order which was a strange strawberry pasta. It's mainly small plates with two family style platters, the menu changes pretty much weekly. ****

YES. We went to Rose's last month and it was arguably the best dinner I've had all year. The food, the service, and the ambiance... it was all just perfect. That brisket platter is insanely good.

Yada

« Reply #292 on: November 25, 2013, 01:05:41 pm »

YES. We went to Rose's last month and it was arguably the best dinner I've had all year. The food, the service, and the ambiance... it was all just perfect. That brisket platter is insanely good.

That was the mistake of the evening... we skipped the brisket and went with the other option for the platter. I was stuffed by that point anyway.

The lobster/popcorn soup and the gnocci were my favorite dishes.

hutch

« Reply #293 on: November 25, 2013, 01:07:36 pm »
I bet your cigarettes kill you faster than the Papa John's my daughter insisted on last night.

what a horrible company.. i will never buy from them..ever.. the owner is a prick and he makes no bones about it.

Yada

« Reply #294 on: November 25, 2013, 01:11:09 pm »

what a horrible company.. i will never buy from them..ever.. the owner is a prick and he makes no bones about it.

Probably the worst massed produced pizza ever, IMO.

stevewizzle

« Reply #295 on: November 25, 2013, 01:20:30 pm »

best mass produced pizza = 7-11 brand. by a landslide. you can get slices for $1, and a whole pizza for $5.  it's so damn tasty and cheap. there's definitely something in those pizzas that is shortening my life not by days or weeks, but years.

Yada

« Reply #296 on: November 25, 2013, 01:30:46 pm »

best mass produced pizza = 7-11 brand. by a landslide. you can get slices for $1, and a whole pizza for $5.  it's so damn tasty and cheap. there's definitely something in those pizzas that is shortening my life not by days or weeks, but years.

Two medium Dominos thin crust pies, best and tastiest bang for your buck!

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #297 on: November 25, 2013, 01:36:28 pm »
I wouldn't eat any pizza that costs less than $15 for a large. I don't fancy the taste of CARDBOARD.
LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #298 on: November 25, 2013, 01:53:53 pm »
I wouldn't eat any pizza that costs less than $15 for a large. I don't fancy the taste of CARDBOARD.

you 1 percenter.

slappy

« Reply #299 on: November 25, 2013, 03:49:27 pm »