Author Topic: Julian's America II: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 217447 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

walk,on,by

Re: Julian's America II: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2016, 03:05:42 pm »
Who is disgusted more with fat folks . . . Horrible, horrible gay guys on grindr, or Julian?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2016, 12:28:46 pm »
SF techie: 'I shouldn't have to see the despair of homeless people'
http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/18/technology/sf-homeless-open-letter-to-ed-lee/index.html

^ julian's america is alive and well!
<sig>

« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2016, 12:51:29 pm »
man I wish I heard about that went it was current news....oh wait was brought up in this very thread one page back

One of your San Francisco members decided to publish an open letter this week about  how the homeless are ?riff raff? whose ?pain, struggle and despair? shouldn?t have to be endured by ?wealthy? people commuting to work.

I am writing today, to voice my concern and outrage over the increasing homeless and drug problem that the city is faced with. I?ve been living in SF for over three years......

The wealthy working people have earned their right to live in the city
Justin Keller, tech entrepreneur
slack

« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2016, 10:59:12 am »
The poorer residents of JA now have a new option to fly (since they can't afford their own private jet)

?The Residence? can accommodate one or two people. It is 12 square meters and consists of three rooms: the bedroom, the dining room and the washroom, complete with private shower and toilet. Before you board, personalized music, movies and games will be preloaded onto the apartment?s devices. A made-to-order menu and wine list will also be prepared to suit your tastes. At the airport, a Savoy Hotel-trained (read: fancy-as-f***) butler will welcome you to arrange your preflight meals, drinks and spa treatments in the first class lounge. This butler will stay with you throughout the flight to tend to your needs.
slack

« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2016, 11:43:50 am »
That mentions a butler attending to your needs and this brings me back to something I've been thinking about for a while: for people in a budget crunch, what are your most essential servants? For me, it's:

(1) Butler
(2) Chauffeur
(3) Chef
(4t) Sommelier
(4t) Mixologist
(6) Announcer/Crier
(7) Valet
(eight) Footman
(9) Jester
(10) Groomsman
(11) Horse Trainer
(12) Underbutler

I mean, if you just HAVE to cut personal staff to 12 people, that's the 12 you really need.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2016, 11:49:18 am »
I chuckled for several minutes reading that list. I do believe I require a footman and a crier as well. It's like I may now scratch an itch I didn't realize I had.
oword

« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2016, 11:52:21 am »
I chuckled for several minutes reading that list. I do believe I require a footman and a crier as well. It's like I may now scratch an itch I didn't realize I had.
Crier is so underrated. Yes, I suppose the nouveau riche can have the Butler announce guests but you really want that booming, regal voice announcing your guests when they enter the parlor. A trianed voice guy - a Goulet or Buffer - really adds to the ambiance.
LVMH

walk,on,by

« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2016, 04:38:05 pm »
what about . . . house boy, not really a boy, but more like about 24 to 28, and never with a shirt on?

« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2016, 04:48:50 pm »
what about . . . house boy, not really a boy, but more like about 24 to 28, and never with a shirt on?
That's a different type of servant.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2016, 03:18:04 pm »
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #148 on: August 27, 2016, 08:52:42 pm »
i was considering starting a thread called "sweetcell's canada", but who the hell would ever read that.  then i was going to put this story in the hockey thread, but i think viewership there is even lower than a hypothetical "sweetcell's canada".  so jules, i apologize but i need to borrow your thread.  i promise to return it as soon as i'm done, but i'm pretty this this one is worth the trouble ;D

without further ado, here is "the most Canadian thing to ever Canada in Canada":

Robber disguises himself as hockey goalie to steal beer in Canada
<sig>

walk,on,by

« Reply #149 on: August 28, 2016, 12:56:28 am »
What is this, all a boot?