Author Topic: Orioles....part 2?  (Read 330600 times)

atomic

Re: Orioles....part 2?
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2013, 04:48:41 pm »
Ball-four will not be an Orioles and Troy Patton will be missing the first 25 games of the season because he is a meth-head.  Not the best day for the Orioles.

shemptiness

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2013, 04:59:21 pm »
Ball-four will not be an Orioles and Troy Patton will be missing the first 25 games of the season because he is a meth-head.  Not the best day for the Orioles.

You must have a friend in the warehouse.  You seem to have your finger on the pulse.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2013, 05:01:22 pm »

You must have a friend in the warehouse.  You seem to have your finger on the pulse.
Post of the Week.
LVMH

shemptiness

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2013, 05:03:58 pm »
Balfour deal is off by the way.

atomic

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2013, 06:18:13 pm »
Balfour deal is off by the way.

That is what I just posted and you responded to.

vansmack

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2013, 06:24:32 pm »
This franchise never ceases to amaze me.  I take back my assessment that Johnson might not beat out Balfour next season.  Balfour almost certainly has a closer season for the record books next year.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2013, 06:29:47 pm »
Plan B - Rodney. 

Seriously.  Who in their right mind with sign with this franchise right now?  Or ever?
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2013, 10:06:34 pm »
This franchise never ceases to amaze me.  I take back my assessment that Johnson might not beat out Balfour next season.  Balfour almost certainly has a closer season for the record books next year.

Per Roch:  The Orioles are following the recommendations of three physicians, including one who isn't affiliated with them.

Not sure I'd guarantee him $15M either.

vansmack

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2013, 09:38:05 pm »
Nothing would please me more than another AL East team picking him up:

Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com added that Rays team physician Koko Eaton examined Balfour in Tampa on Friday and performed a MRI on the pitcher's throwing shoulder, coming away surprised that the Orioles backed out of the deal.

?The MRI that I did on him today looked exactly the same as the MRI I did three years ago,? Eaton told the website. "It did not look normal compared to a person who does not play baseball for a living. But for someone who plays baseball for a living, it looked normal. There are abnormalities on the MRI as there are on every single baseball player?s. But three years ago, there was no issue, and he had pretty good performance when he was with Oakland.?

If Balfour doesn't sign with Tampa, expect several others to show interest in the proven closer. On Friday, Jim Duquette of MLB Network mentioned the Mariners, White Sox and Yankees as three teams that "need closers and would benefit with Balfour closing out games."
27>34

atomic

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2013, 01:31:21 am »

Post of the Week.

I don't get this.  At first i thought Shemp was applauding me for knowing the latest news.  But then he comes and posts the same thing I did later like it is some new fact.  Really weird.  I post what Orioles reporters state and his reply somehow becomes  post of the week?   

shemptiness

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2013, 12:09:19 pm »
Nothing would please me more than another AL East team picking him up:

Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com added that Rays team physician Koko Eaton examined Balfour in Tampa on Friday and performed a MRI on the pitcher's throwing shoulder, coming away surprised that the Orioles backed out of the deal.

?The MRI that I did on him today looked exactly the same as the MRI I did three years ago,? Eaton told the website. "It did not look normal compared to a person who does not play baseball for a living. But for someone who plays baseball for a living, it looked normal. There are abnormalities on the MRI as there are on every single baseball player?s. But three years ago, there was no issue, and he had pretty good performance when he was with Oakland.?

If Balfour doesn't sign with Tampa, expect several others to show interest in the proven closer. On Friday, Jim Duquette of MLB Network mentioned the Mariners, White Sox and Yankees as three teams that "need closers and would benefit with Balfour closing out games."

Eaton is also the guy who told Machado on the field that he had a torn ACL.  Nice work, doc.

shemptiness

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2013, 03:51:43 pm »
Knowing Angeles and his history,  it's probably his accent.

The Orioles announced today that they claimed Australian-born pitcher Liam Hendriks, 24, off waivers from the Chicago Cubs.

There goes that theory.   ;D

shemptiness

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2013, 10:59:50 am »
RIP.  The best there was.

vansmack

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2014, 08:39:53 pm »
Alex Casillas.  So you've got that going for you...
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2014, 06:58:02 pm »
According to ESPN's Buster Olney, the Orioles balked at signing Grant Balfour because of knee and wrist issues. It was largely assumed that the deal fell apart because of a shoulder concern, but Olney's source says otherwise.