Author Topic: Orioles....part 2?  (Read 330688 times)

hutch

Re: Orioles....part 2?
« Reply #180 on: April 21, 2014, 04:18:21 pm »
Not sure there are any people outside of Milwaukee that think Ryan Braun is ok.

Getting back on track....nice win today.  Very happy with the split.

I though it was on topic... Chris Davis.. there was talk about the roids with him..

On MLB network they were blowing sunshine up Braun's ass ... and minimizing his getting caught..

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2014, 04:24:11 pm »
There are a lot of reasons that Bonds is perhaps the most reviled player of the modern era, and among the reasons that he took more heat than his fairer-skinned doping contemporaries is surely that his skin is darker than theirs.

But imo, the main reason he gets less of a break for all his transgressions is simple - he's a fucking asshole who has never once displayed an iota of humility. 

That, and the whole hallowed record part.  But we've already gone there. 

shemptiness

« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2014, 04:32:57 pm »

I though it was on topic... Chris Davis.. there was talk about the roids with him..

There wasn't talk about that.  It was just Julian being Julian.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #183 on: April 21, 2014, 04:36:22 pm »
  It was just Julian being Julian.
It's America's pasttime!!
LVMH

shemptiness

« Reply #184 on: April 24, 2014, 07:14:46 pm »
Thinking of hitting Alewife before O's tomorrow night.  Any draught recommendations?

K8teebug

« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2014, 08:13:00 am »
I have been enjoying the Full Tilt Camden Cream Ale!  It's probably even better on draft.

K8teebug

« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2014, 08:14:11 am »
We also recently discovered that the Diamondback Tavern (attached to the Hilton Hotel) has beer at the same prices as Pickles.  Not sure if that's only for a weekday game (HH), but the view of the ballpark is better and there aren't the crowds/shitty music like at Pickles. Not sure how their food is though. 

James Ford

« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2014, 08:27:48 am »
Thinking of hitting Alewife before O's tomorrow night.  Any draught recommendations?

Skip it and go to Max's instead. 32oz of craft beer for something like $4 on Fridays.

atomic

« Reply #188 on: April 25, 2014, 08:55:02 am »

Skip it and go to Max's instead. 32oz of craft beer for something like $4 on Fridays.

I was going to say that Max's isn't in walking distance from Camden Yards but the first year Camden Yards was open I lived near Max's and walked to the stadium all the time.  But I wouldn't recommend it if you have a car.  Ale Wife is easy to walk from the stadium.  Of course it isn't in the best neighborhood. 

James Ford

« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2014, 09:03:55 am »
I've walked it a couple of times. Much needed walk after a friend and I split three 32 oz cups of 8% beer. Of course both times it made us late for the game.

I'd definitely pick Alewife over Max's for the food.

I was going to say that Max's isn't in walking distance from Camden Yards but the first year Camden Yards was open I lived near Max's and walked to the stadium all the time.  But I wouldn't recommend it if you have a car.  Ale Wife is easy to walk from the stadium.  Of course it isn't in the best neighborhood. 

K8teebug

« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2014, 10:49:58 am »
Max's is sort of walkable.  If you did that, go to Duda's for a crabcake after a beer at Max's.

shemptiness

« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2014, 11:17:33 am »
Grew up not too far from Fells, so I'm familiar with those places.  Haven't been to Alewife yet.  Think I'll stay closer to the park.  Plus there's rain in the forecast.

atomic

« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2014, 11:57:22 am »
Max's is sort of walkable.  If you did that, go to Duda's for a crabcake after a beer at Max's.

I really see no reason to go to Max's.  I mean if I were single I might go there on a Friday or Saturday night but there are much better places around that area for eating and drinking.  I would definitely go to Thames Street Oyster house if you have never been there and are in Fells Point.  There Oyster selction is incredible the rest of their food is awesome.   

Max's just has bar food and is depressing inside and the service isn't very good.  So many good places in Fells to get something to eat that have great views/outdoor seating. 

If you want good beer and are going to the game I would go to Pratt Street Ale house.  Plenty of seating outside. Close to the stadium and great beer. 

shemptiness

« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2014, 12:27:48 pm »
I liked Pratt St. better when it was Oliver's.  Camden Pub and Quigley's are my usual go-tos.

James Ford

« Reply #194 on: April 25, 2014, 01:21:53 pm »
If you're seriously into beer, you know that Max's has the best draft list in Maryland.

If you're more casually into beer, any of the places that have been mentioned will do just fine. And better in terms of atmosphere and food.