Author Topic: Orioles....part 2?  (Read 330373 times)

atomic

Re: Orioles....part 2?
« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2014, 01:24:20 pm »
If you're seriously into beer, you know that Max's has the best draft list in Maryland.

If you're more casually into beer, any of the places that have been mentioned will do just fine.

Pratt Street has their own beer.  I think I would rate that above having a bunch of other breweries beers on draft.  You only need one good beer on draft as I only drink one beer at a time.   

James Ford

« Reply #196 on: April 25, 2014, 01:29:33 pm »
There's actually a few breweries in the world who make better beer than Pratt Street. I would opt for them. To each his own.

If you're seriously into beer, you know that Max's has the best draft list in Maryland.

If you're more casually into beer, any of the places that have been mentioned will do just fine.

Pratt Street has their own beer.  I think I would rate that above having a bunch of other breweries beers on draft.  You only need one good beer on draft as I only drink one beer at a time.   

atomic

« Reply #197 on: April 25, 2014, 01:34:41 pm »
There's actually a few breweries in the world who make better beer than Pratt Street. I would opt for them. To each his own.

Well if I were at those breweries I would drink their beer.  I would rather go to a place that makes their own beer. Like Brewer's Art that has amazing food and it is a cool place.  That a dump that has no sunlight coming into it , poor food,  and bad service.  I if I want a glass if Hofbrau Heifweizen Max's always has it.  That I guess is the one positive.

James Ford

« Reply #198 on: April 25, 2014, 01:41:16 pm »
If I wanted a glass of Hofbrau beer (which I wouldn't, unless I were in Munich at the beer hall) I'd grab a bottle from Total Wine. Not that much difference between German beers on draft vs. bottled, imo.

If I wanted something rare-ish in Baltimore which I couldn't find in a store and didn't want to travel 3000 miles for, I'd go to Max's.

I agree with you about Max's being a dump. But it is a beer lovers dream.

shemptiness

« Reply #199 on: April 25, 2014, 02:01:11 pm »
I really was only asking about Alewife.  But thanks.

atomic

« Reply #200 on: April 25, 2014, 02:02:25 pm »
If I wanted a glass of Hofbrau beer (which I wouldn't, unless I were in Munich at the beer hall) I'd grab a bottle from Total Wine. Not that much difference between German beers on draft vs. bottled, imo.

If I wanted something rare-ish in Baltimore which I couldn't find in a store and didn't want to travel 3000 miles for, I'd go to Max's.

I agree with you about Max's being a dump. But it is a beer lovers dream.

I didn't care for their beer hall that much.  But it definitely tasted better on draft than out of the bottle.  

atomic

« Reply #201 on: April 25, 2014, 02:03:48 pm »

I would get the Gaffel Kölsch.

James Ford

« Reply #202 on: April 25, 2014, 02:05:01 pm »
Do they even keep an updated draft list online anywhere? That was my problem with
Alewife the time I went. I usually pick the place I'm going based on what's currently on draft. The one time I went, it was a matter of geography rather then beer selection.

shemptiness

« Reply #203 on: April 25, 2014, 02:07:31 pm »

James Ford

« Reply #204 on: April 25, 2014, 02:10:31 pm »
If this list is updated, i'd opt for:

http://www.alewifebaltimore.com/menus-2/draught/

Jolly Pumpkin Bam Bierre..excellent saison....hard to find (at least in VA) and comes in a $10 bomber. So you're paying less by getting a draft.

Maine Lunch...great ipa, normally comes in expensive 16 oz bottle, $8 draft price is reasonable.

St Bernardus 12...one of the best Belgian beers, period.

Also can't go wrong with a Union Jack or Green Flash IPA.

Stone Imperial Stout if you're itching for a stout.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 02:12:08 pm by James Ford »

shemptiness

« Reply #205 on: May 07, 2014, 01:09:08 pm »
This Wieters thing could be problematic.  On top of the Davis thing.

vansmack

« Reply #206 on: May 07, 2014, 02:29:15 pm »

"Dr. James Andrews" definitely hurts his trade value.
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #207 on: May 07, 2014, 02:42:51 pm »
Hey, anyone going to any if the games against Detroit early next week?
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #208 on: May 07, 2014, 02:44:21 pm »

If Davis can only DH it might mean the end of Lough.  As Cruz would have to play left field every day. Maybe they would get rid of Young instead.

I remember arguing about people on here that the Lombo deal wasn't a big deal.  Now he is in triple A and the other guy was released.  Talk about much to do about nothing.

atomic

« Reply #209 on: May 07, 2014, 02:44:44 pm »
Hey, anyone going to any if the games against Detroit early next week?

I am going on Saturday but I am not sure who they are playing.