Author Topic: Orioles....part 2?  (Read 334449 times)

vansmack

Re: Orioles....part 2?
« Reply #270 on: June 08, 2014, 07:22:34 pm »
Machado was wrong on Friday and wrong again today.  Grow up, kid.
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #271 on: June 08, 2014, 07:52:51 pm »

both instances were beyond strange behavior, the kind of stuff that makes you consider if he has something fundamentally wrong going on in his mind. 

atomic

« Reply #272 on: June 09, 2014, 12:45:27 am »

both instances were beyond strange behavior, the kind of stuff that makes you consider if he has something fundamentally wrong going on in his mind. 

I thought Buck should held him out of Saturdays game for acting that way.   I am guessing he thought Donaldson was still playing third base.  Embarrassment to the team.  I would not play him for a couple of games.  Then let him sit out his eventual suspension.  Seems like roid rage or something.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #273 on: June 09, 2014, 08:53:36 am »

I thought Buck should held him out of Saturdays game for acting that way.   I am guessing he thought Donaldson was still playing third base.  Embarrassment to the team.  I would not play him for a couple of games.  Then let him sit out his eventual suspension.  Seems like roid rage or something.

agreed.  really disappointed in him.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #274 on: June 09, 2014, 09:36:54 am »
that helmet flip after the tag was one of the most embarrassing things ive ever seen a player do. all baseball hissy fits are absurd but i can usually at least understand why the players frustrated. throwing a tantrum while falling over cuz of your own maneuver to avoid the tag is a new low. the confused look on donaldsons face said it all

and then he and buck had the nerve to go to the media and say you dont tag a player like that after hes coming back from an injury. bullshit. donaldson did nothing wrong whatsoever. manny would have done the same thing

i imagine hes got a suspension coming. i like the kid but he deserves it. its just a good thing hes had a good reputation so far. could you imagine if this was puig?

K8teebug

« Reply #275 on: June 09, 2014, 10:13:10 am »
I was at the game Friday and he did look like he had been pushed.  But, after that, he needed a talking to.  And he needs to learn to calm down.

I think he should be suspended.

vansmack

« Reply #276 on: June 09, 2014, 11:02:05 am »
I was at the game Friday and he did look like he had been pushed. 

But after seeing the replay?
27>34

K8teebug

« Reply #277 on: June 09, 2014, 11:02:50 am »
Yes.  I think you could make the case for that.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #278 on: June 09, 2014, 11:10:09 am »
not really

look at the screenshot of the video here. manny's obviously trying to juke his way around donaldsons tag. even a light tag would have sent him to the ground.

http://deadspin.com/benches-clear-because-manny-machado-did-not-like-josh-d-1587524006

vansmack

« Reply #279 on: June 09, 2014, 11:21:23 am »

That's just home team blinders, sorry.

Machado jumped backwards to avoid the tag, and Donaldson, with ONE HAND, reaches out to tag him.   If he wants to push him, he uses two hands...
27>34

atomic

« Reply #280 on: June 09, 2014, 12:35:18 pm »

That's just home team blinders, sorry.

Machado jumped backwards to avoid the tag, and Donaldson, with ONE HAND, reaches out to tag him.   If he wants to push him, he uses two hands...

Yeah doesn't make any sense at all.  You know how hard people come into second base with their legs up in the air.   And before this season how many people would run into the catcher at home.  I never see fights about these why would you see a fight when someone does a normal tag?  Manny has been hanging out with ARod which might explain some of this behavior.

shemptiness

« Reply #281 on: June 09, 2014, 12:57:39 pm »
Yeah, that's it.  Toss around those unfounded ped rumors.  Let's just hope it's youthful immaturity and that a veteran or two will sit down and discuss a few things with him.  Maybe his early success is going to his (bobble)head. 

shemptiness

« Reply #282 on: June 09, 2014, 01:26:33 pm »
The Tampa Bay Rays will go with a closer-by-committee approach to replace struggling right-hander Grant Balfour in the role, manager Joe Maddon said Monday.

"We're going to go by committee right now," Maddon told reporters.

atomic

« Reply #283 on: June 09, 2014, 05:58:50 pm »
The Tampa Bay Rays will go with a closer-by-committee approach to replace struggling right-hander Grant Balfour in the role, manager Joe Maddon said Monday.

"We're going to go by committee right now," Maddon told reporters.

They don't really need a closer as they are never in the lead.

shemptiness

« Reply #284 on: June 09, 2014, 06:26:42 pm »

He apologized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3D4-DjdaOY