Author Topic: Orioles....part 2?  (Read 329938 times)

vansmack

Re: Orioles....part 2?
« Reply #285 on: June 09, 2014, 06:40:27 pm »
He apologized.

Scripted, but a good move ahead of the suspension announcement.

O's fans should worry about this:

Jerry Crasnick  (12:21 PM): What I don't get is his complete overreaction on that Josh Donaldson tag. That was basically a love tap, and he made it into a much bigger deal than it had to be. If he's that hypersensitive to a tag, other teams are going to see that and it's only going to get worse.
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #286 on: June 09, 2014, 09:35:00 pm »
A 1-2-3 inning for the old closer.  I'm still weeping over the loss of Balfour.  Did Jerry Crasnick say that one was a huge mistake at the time? 

vansmack

« Reply #287 on: June 10, 2014, 01:06:03 am »
Music to my ears in Anaheim....

"Jim Johnson warming up in the A's bullpen. "

This strange triangle of closers hasn't worked out for any team,  but at least the O's saved a little money,  I suppose.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #288 on: June 10, 2014, 01:46:35 pm »
Machado only getting 5 games is a gift.  I was thinking 6-10.
27>34

atomic

« Reply #289 on: June 10, 2014, 02:18:24 pm »

MLB seems lenient with punishment.  How man games did Chris Simon get for trying to stomp on someone with his skate? 

Got Haggis?

vansmack

« Reply #291 on: June 10, 2014, 02:53:18 pm »
its ok guys, b rob talked to him

It's actually a classy move by the veteran.  There's really no one else on that roster that could have done it.  Maybe Hardy, though he doesn't strike me as the team leader type.
27>34

K8teebug

« Reply #292 on: June 11, 2014, 07:57:44 am »

MLB seems lenient with punishment.  How man games did Chris Simon get for trying to stomp on someone with his skate? 

And Ortiz got nothing for breaking a phone and almost seriously injuring his teammate.

vansmack

« Reply #293 on: June 11, 2014, 06:32:33 pm »
He apologized.

Scripted

Orioles Carefully Control Machado's Apology

....Beat writers from the independent media, including the Baltimore Sun, weren't allowed pregame access to Machado on Monday, a day after his latest antics at Camden Yards capped a regrettable series for the 21-year-old third baseman.

Instead, the Orioles gave someone from the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network (owned by the Orioles and Nationals) a one-on-one with Machado, thinking they could sanitize the environment and beef up ratings and website traffic by taking advantage of a national story and making it their own.

Just one catch: There were no legitimate follow-up questions.
27>34

atomic

« Reply #294 on: June 11, 2014, 08:21:51 pm »
He apologized.

Scripted

....Beat writers from the independent media, including the Baltimore Sun, weren't allowed pregame access to Machado on Monday, a day after his latest antics at Camden Yards capped a regrettable series for the 21-year-old third baseman.

Instead, the Orioles gave someone from the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network (owned by the Orioles and Nationals) a one-on-one with Machado, thinking they could sanitize the environment and beef up ratings and website traffic by taking advantage of a national story and making it their own.

It was Roch who interviewed him right?  He is an Orioles Shrill. He banned me from the site for saying as much this winter.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #295 on: June 11, 2014, 08:29:15 pm »
He apologized.

Scripted

It was Roch who interviewed him right?  He is an Orioles Shrill. He banned me from the site for saying as much this winter.
Its disturbing to think an Orioles website has better moderation than we do.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #296 on: June 11, 2014, 08:45:39 pm »
He apologized.

Scripted

Its disturbing to think an Orioles website has better moderation than we do.

It is a cable channel website.  And I agree they shouldn't have lifted your ban here.

vansmack

« Reply #297 on: June 16, 2014, 06:00:09 pm »

From cbs may 11th:

Buster wrote that on May 13.

I think the issue is it's not going to fix itself, so what is Wieters going to do?  He might not need surgery now, but most expect he'll need it sometime.  So does he do it now and be 100% in his free agent year?  Or does he wait until the off season (or worse, until after he's in free agency) and sacrifice half of his last season.

Let me know when the appropriate time is to remind you who his agent is and why this is a discussion....  

Called it.

Weiters to have surgery tomorrow.  Out for the season.
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #298 on: June 24, 2014, 08:41:11 pm »
I like Pearce and Delmon starting with Davis coming off the bench.

Also, Miggy as the long reliever and Gausman in the rotation.

K8teebug

« Reply #299 on: June 26, 2014, 08:59:42 am »
I'm feeling the Orioles Magic!