Author Topic: Orioles....part 2?  (Read 330354 times)

vansmack

Re: Orioles....part 2?
« Reply #645 on: October 21, 2014, 01:11:22 pm »
Yes, his peers are wrong and you two are right.

Interestingly, one person didn't vote...
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #646 on: October 21, 2014, 01:35:23 pm »
Ron Washington, getting busy with a crack ho.

Yes, his peers are wrong and you two are right.

Interestingly, one person didn't vote...

James Ford

« Reply #647 on: October 21, 2014, 01:41:45 pm »

But seriously Sciosia was able to manufacture two more regular season wins than Buck, so he should rightfully win. Doesn't matter that they spend nearly 50% more to do it.

vansmack

« Reply #648 on: December 04, 2014, 03:54:48 pm »
Dan (Miami)

The O's lost their leadoff man, cleanup hitter and will lose their best bullpen arm....yet their decision to pass in each case was correct. As a fan, how should I think about about this clear step back for 2015 when they were in the ALCS in 2014?

Klaw  (1:55 PM)

Smart. They played it all shrewdly, and maintain financial flexibility to go do something else, if not right away then later this winter (like the Ubaldo/Cruz deals, on which they went, well, one for two at least) or next offseason.

-----

I had not anticipated that they are freeing up dollars to go after one of the great pitchers available next off season.   That's another possibility.
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #649 on: December 05, 2014, 11:08:03 am »
I don't have Insider access but it appears Smackie's friend Keith Law is questioning both the signing of Cruz and the signing of Markakis.  Mostly due to length of contract I gather.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #650 on: December 05, 2014, 04:53:10 pm »
miller to the yankees...

expected but....ugh

vansmack

« Reply #651 on: December 05, 2014, 08:25:26 pm »
I don't have Insider access but it appears Smackie's friend Keith Law is questioning both the signing of Cruz and the signing of Markakis.  Mostly due to length of contract I gather.

Yes,  but he was more perplexed by the Braves move because it was contrary to every other move they've made this off season.

The M's have to overpay due to their lack of playoff appearances in the last decade.

In the end,  though,  he agrees that neither will be in baseball at the end of these contracts.
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #652 on: December 07, 2014, 03:24:00 pm »
@Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: Duquette wants to leave #Orioles, become
#BlueJays? prez/CEO. Some with club not opposed to his departure.
Angelos standing in way.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #653 on: December 07, 2014, 04:44:21 pm »
more on that: http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/12/blue-jays-eyeing-dan-duquette.html

since it would be considered a promotion, his contract that keeps in in bmore until 2018 doesn't matter.

orioles imploding

shemptiness

« Reply #654 on: December 07, 2014, 05:43:45 pm »
more on that: http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/12/blue-jays-eyeing-dan-duquette.html

since it would be considered a promotion, his contract that keeps in in bmore until 2018 doesn't matter.

orioles imploding

Angelos: "There's no reason we'd be willing to transfer his presence to any other ballclub." #orioles

Nigel Tufnel

« Reply #655 on: December 07, 2014, 08:24:00 pm »

orioles imploding

I don't think that's right.  Teams customarily let people out of contracts for promotions, but there's no rule that says they have to.  Ken Williams of the White Sox was also mentioned as a possibility, and the Sox have already said that they won't release him.  Sounds like the Orioles feel the same way.

vansmack

« Reply #656 on: December 08, 2014, 01:11:01 pm »
I don't think that's right.  Teams customarily let people out of contracts for promotions, but there's no rule that says they have to.  Ken Williams of the White Sox was also mentioned as a possibility, and the Sox have already said that they won't release him.  Sounds like the Orioles feel the same way.

This is correct.  And Angelos is a lawyer, petulant, hyper sensitive to appearances and generally known as a d!ck so I doubt he let's Duquette go on a free pass.

But it is funny, because I was talking with a friend last week about how different Duquette has been with the O's than he was with the Sox and the success he's enjoyed.  He deserves the promotion and I was wrong when I said he was the wrong guy for Baltimore.  The new Duquette has been impressive.
27>34

K8teebug

« Reply #657 on: December 08, 2014, 03:05:38 pm »

This is correct.  And Angelos is a lawyer, petulant, hyper sensitive to appearances and generally known as a d!ck so I doubt he let's Duquette go on a free pass.

But it is funny, because I was talking with a friend last week about how different Duquette has been with the O's than he was with the Sox and the success he's enjoyed.  He deserves the promotion and I was wrong when I said he was the wrong guy for Baltimore.  The new Duquette has been impressive.

I think they need to let him go if he wants to leave. But, I wonder WHY he wants to leave. It will suck for sure. Not much good news coming from the Orioles these past few weeks.

Did I tell you all I met Buck Showalter at the Kids Peace 5K? Super cool guy.

shemptiness

« Reply #658 on: December 16, 2014, 12:19:59 pm »
Roch tweets from Orioles Christmas party:

Buck just told 105.7 The Fan that Chris Davis got approved "for what he got suspended for" #adderall

vansmack

« Reply #659 on: December 16, 2014, 01:51:23 pm »
Roch tweets from Orioles Christmas party:

Buck just told 105.7 The Fan that Chris Davis got approved "for what he got suspended for" #adderall

He did.   But it was two season previous.  He lost that approval and admitted as such:

"I made a mistake taking Adderall.  I had permission in the past, but I don't now." - Chris Davis, Sept 12, 2014.

Or is Buck saying that he has been re-approved?  Because if so, this is becoming a joke.
27>34