Author Topic: Orioles....part 2?  (Read 334440 times)

vansmack

Re: Orioles....part 2?
« Reply #960 on: May 27, 2016, 01:11:57 pm »
52 Ks in 3 games?  Uh oh.

The irony of doing it in Houston should not be overlooked.

But with the signings of Trumbo and Alvarez, and resigning Davis, this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #961 on: June 03, 2016, 02:54:54 pm »
Totally sustainable.

From Elias: The Orioles are the first team in MLB history to be out-homered by at least five in one game and then out-homer their opponent by more in the following game. They were out-homered by the Red Sox 5-0 on Wednesday and then out-homered the Red Sox 7-1 on Thursday.

It?s the second time ever that the Orioles have hit seven homers in a game against the Red Sox.

27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #962 on: June 03, 2016, 11:03:50 pm »
They were out-homered by the Yankees today 3-1, won the game and have the best record in the AL.  I'll take it.

Update - Texas is a half game better after last night.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 08:29:58 am by Nuke LaLush »

shemptiness

« Reply #963 on: June 08, 2016, 11:26:44 am »

vansmack

« Reply #964 on: June 08, 2016, 12:47:59 pm »
He deserved to get thrown at for talking about a deep fly out as if he hit it out of the park.
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #965 on: June 08, 2016, 01:31:27 pm »
He deserved to get thrown at for talking about a deep fly out as if he hit it out of the park.

That was a homer that the wind blew back.  That was a mighty wind.

killsaly

« Reply #966 on: June 08, 2016, 01:35:44 pm »
Someone needs to teach those baseball players how to throw a punch.  That was a pathetic "fight."

vansmack

« Reply #967 on: June 08, 2016, 02:34:49 pm »
That was a homer that the wind blew back.  That was a mighty wind.

F7.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #968 on: June 09, 2016, 07:00:42 pm »
Manny misses four games, Ventura misses one start.
27>34

K8teebug

« Reply #969 on: June 10, 2016, 01:50:49 pm »

Which is bs considering this is the 3rd or 4th time he's done this to another player. Manny should've walked to first base, but how would you act if someone threw a 99mph (his fastest of the night) AT you.

Guessing how some of you act when people post ridiculous words on the board, you probably would charge too.

Space Freely

« Reply #970 on: June 10, 2016, 02:24:06 pm »

Which is bs considering this is the 3rd or 4th time he's done this to another player. Manny should've walked to first base, but how would you act if someone threw a 99mph (his fastest of the night) AT you.

Guessing how some of you act when people post ridiculous words on the board, you probably would charge too.

I haven't heard a single person on this board or anywhere criticize Manny for what he did. I guess I understand MLB suspending him because hey, he charged the mound and punched a guy. That's sort of an automatic suspension, isn't it?

vansmack

« Reply #971 on: June 10, 2016, 02:36:41 pm »
I've been hit often, but I've never charged a mound.  I was also a temperamental pitcher that hit a lot of batters in my day - I was just never a flame thrower so hitting me hurt me a lot more than me hitting them.  This assumes I wasn't thrown out, of course, which I was often.  I would love to see a player who just got hit, turn to the umpire and look at him like "what are you going to do about it?" and if he warns both benches, then charge the mound.  If he tosses the pitcher then clap three times and take first base.

Baseball has always had a balance issue with SP suspensions and field positions, and I don't have a solution.  10 games+ for the pitcher would really cause a lot of damage to the rotation though - a team would have to bring somebody up or use the long reliever twice, which would crush the pen.  I'm really surprised they didn't give him 10 this time.  It's also why the Royals want to deal him -  he's going to do damage to the rotation.

But don't pretend like Manny was innocent here.  The first two in the second inning were inside pitches to get Manny off the plate, and they were fine.  Manny didn't like it, so after he flied out he told Ventura in Spanish "don't throw inside to me"  -   fuck that.  I'll throw it where I want and when I want.  Watch.  And he got what he deserved in the 5th.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #972 on: July 09, 2016, 02:53:18 pm »
Because the Angels needed somebody else on the DL....

Thanks a lot.
27>34

K8teebug

« Reply #973 on: July 11, 2016, 09:29:23 am »
I've been hit often, but I've never charged a mound.  I was also a temperamental pitcher that hit a lot of batters in my day - I was just never a flame thrower so hitting me hurt me a lot more than me hitting them.  This assumes I wasn't thrown out, of course, which I was often.  I would love to see a player who just got hit, turn to the umpire and look at him like "what are you going to do about it?" and if he warns both benches, then charge the mound.  If he tosses the pitcher then clap three times and take first base.

Baseball has always had a balance issue with SP suspensions and field positions, and I don't have a solution.  10 games+ for the pitcher would really cause a lot of damage to the rotation though - a team would have to bring somebody up or use the long reliever twice, which would crush the pen.  I'm really surprised they didn't give him 10 this time.  It's also why the Royals want to deal him -  he's going to do damage to the rotation.

But don't pretend like Manny was innocent here.  The first two in the second inning were inside pitches to get Manny off the plate, and they were fine.  Manny didn't like it, so after he flied out he told Ventura in Spanish "don't throw inside to me"  -   fuck that.  I'll throw it where I want and when I want.  Watch.  And he got what he deserved in the 5th.

Manny needs to learn to stay calm. But, how calm would you be if someone intentionally hit you at 99mph? I was at the game. The two "brush off" pitches were tries at hitting him. Then he intentionally beemed him at 99mph, his fastest pitch of the game. That's bs. Hard to brush that off. Plus, the pitcher has been known for doing this. The catcher didn't exactly try to tackle Manny, either, just let him walk right up there. KC had been trying to get rid of him.

Sorry about your Angels pitcher...

hutch

« Reply #974 on: July 11, 2016, 12:54:40 pm »
so whats wrong with the Orioles? they have the worst record of any division leader in baseball.