Author Topic: The MLB Thread  (Read 615004 times)

James Ford

Re: The MLB Thread
« Reply #510 on: September 25, 2014, 01:52:19 pm »
You don't have any daughters, do you?

I don't think it has anything to do with being a Jeter hater.

I think most people would look down on a 40+ man who is still a player with the women. They would regard it as a severe lack of maturation.

that is idiotic..if a 40 year old single man wants to have concensual sex with women I don't know what business it is of anybody's else...or why anybody would look down on it.

pretty sure the people who look down on it are the ones who married the first chick that would have sex with them..

anyways, it has zero to do with jeter as a ballplayer.... and in case you're not aware of it many ballplayers get plenty of tail

vansmack

« Reply #511 on: September 25, 2014, 01:54:58 pm »
So who makes the 25 man playoff roster?

C - Ianetta
1B - Pujols
2B - Kendrick
SS - Aybar
3B - Freese
LF - Hamilton
CF - Trout
RF - Calhoun

BENCH - Conger, Cowgill, Beckham, Cron, Navarro

STARTERS - Weaver, Shoemaker, Wilson, Santiago
PEN - Street, Smith, Grilli, Jepsen, Rasmus, Salas, Thatcher, Pestano
27>34

hutch

« Reply #512 on: September 25, 2014, 01:57:04 pm »

I think most people would look down on a 40+ man who is still a player with the women. They would regard it as a severe lack of maturation.

that is idiotic..if a 40 year old single man wants to have concensual sex with women I don't know what business it is of anybody's else...or why anybody would look down on it.

pretty sure the people who look down on it are the ones who married the first chick that would have sex with them..

anyways, it has zero to do with jeter as a ballplayer.... and in case you're not aware of it many ballplayers get plenty of tail

you know i don't.

but i actually think your implication is sexist....what? women dont' want to have consensual sex with plenty of men?? its bad for them to?

there is nothing wrong with people having sex...as much as they want with whoever they want...

shemptiness

« Reply #513 on: September 25, 2014, 02:09:36 pm »
http://gawker.com/derek-jeter-was-ok-1639023597/+tcraggs22

Baseball Reference calculates that the player whose career most closely resembles Jeter's is Craig Biggio of the Houston Astros.

James Ford

« Reply #514 on: September 25, 2014, 02:10:32 pm »
there is nothing wrong with people having sex...as much as they want with whoever they want

Without stating my own personal opinion, I'm willing to bet you are in the minority on that statement.

women dont' want to have consensual sex with plenty of men??

I'm willing to bet that most women don't see having many notches on their bedposts as a badge of honor.

you know i don't.

but i actually think your implication is sexist....what? women dont' want to have consensual sex with plenty of men?? its bad for them to?

there is nothing wrong with people having sex...as much as they want with whoever they want...

shemptiness

« Reply #515 on: September 25, 2014, 02:29:43 pm »
"Jeter has recorded the most multi-hit games against the Orioles all-time (105) and scored more runs (205) against them than any other player. His 351 hits against the Orioles trail only Carl Yastrzemski (363) and his 69 doubles are second to Yastrzemski's 83.

Jeter's 290 games played against the Orioles are the third-most all-time, behind Al Kaline (345) and Yastrzemski (343).

Jeter's 184 hits and 99 runs scored at Camden Yards are the most by anyone who hasn't played for the Orioles."

See - we're happy he's leaving.

hutch

« Reply #516 on: September 25, 2014, 05:34:28 pm »
there is nothing wrong with people having sex...as much as they want with whoever they want

Without stating my own personal opinion, I'm willing to bet you are in the minority on that statement.

I'm willing to bet that most women don't see having many notches on their bedposts as a badge of honor.

you know i don't.

utter tosh... the idea that men having sex with multiple partners must necessarily view it as notches in their belt? WTF is that? Some men do and some men don't..just like some women do and some don't

your problem James Fordish is that you look at the world and assume everyone looks at it the way you do.... but even where that so, and its open to debate, you seem to believe that a majority thinking one thing or the other means something...

The majority is often a bunch of sheeple.... I mean who cares if most people think something or don't?

A majority of people thought for centuries that being gay was a terrible thing....who gives a shit what the majority thinks??

But I guess feeling a majority agrees with you makes you feel secure....its weird.. you see I'm the opposite.. when I see a majority agrees with me I get worried..

stevewizzle

« Reply #517 on: September 25, 2014, 06:17:22 pm »

you know i don't.

james ford you be livin in la la land on this one

vansmack

« Reply #518 on: September 26, 2014, 12:00:56 am »
The only thing that would have made that better is if it clinched home field advantage for the Angels.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #519 on: September 26, 2014, 12:54:59 am »
Jeter haters SUCK IT (just like you always have)!

eros

« Reply #520 on: September 26, 2014, 09:30:12 am »
In a normal situation he would've been intentionally walked there.
ʎɐʍou

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #521 on: September 26, 2014, 09:34:12 am »
In a normal situation he would've been intentionally walked there.
In a normal situation, he would've been benched four seasons ago, and retired three seasons ago. But, you know, his ego is more important than the team competing for the playoffs with actual MLB-caliber players. What leadership! What class!
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #522 on: September 26, 2014, 11:23:45 am »
In a normal situation, Zach Britton would have been on the mound with a tie in the bottom of the ninth, not Evan MEEK.

vansmack

« Reply #523 on: September 26, 2014, 02:05:41 pm »
Who cares?

Let's talk about the important things - if you're the Giants/Pirates/A's/Royals, how important is home field for the one game playoff?  Who do you pitch on Sunday if it might decide whether or not you have to travel to, say Pittsburgh or San Francisco?

The Bucs could go all out this weekend to avoid the Wild Card and start Liriano and Cole, leaving them with Liriano on 3 days rest to face the Giants on Wednesday.  What a gamble!
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #524 on: September 28, 2014, 01:16:07 pm »
Who cares?

Let's talk about the important things - if you're the Giants/Pirates/A's/Royals, how important is home field for the one game playoff?  Who do you pitch on Sunday if it might decide whether or not you have to travel to, say Pittsburgh or San Francisco?

The Bucs could go all out this weekend to avoid the Wild Card and start Liriano and Cole, leaving them with Liriano on 3 days rest to face the Giants on Wednesday.  What a gamble!

Holy shit, Hurdle's going to do it.  This is a a huge mistake.  Best case scenario, you win today against Cueto, Wainright somehow loses to the D-Backs, you throw Volquez tomorrow against Shelby Miller (?) and have Locke or Worley for the Wildcard or game one of the NLDS?

Worst case scenario, you have Edinson Volquez to face Bumgarner instead of Gerrit Cole.

Seems like the middle ground was the right option - save Cole for the Wild Card game. 
27>34