Author Topic: META: User-curated Hall of Fame  (Read 57126 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: META: User-curated Hall of Fame
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2013, 12:28:48 am »
He has a different name now and he's still posting. Maybe he's using the same email address so the system is combining both accounts for the stats?

or, he had such a massive post count - 17k! - that averaged out even to this day, it's still an impressive number.  he was one of the early joiners, so he got a head-start.
<sig>

stevewizzle

« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2013, 01:27:23 am »
He has a different name now and he's still posting. Maybe he's using the same email address so the system is combining both accounts for the stats?

I understand the desire to keep things tasteful here.
Top 10 Posters      Top 10 Boards
   Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer       17766
   vansmack                                           14402
   markie                                           13178
   ggw                                                   12510
   sweetcell                                           11863
   azaghal1981                                   10544
   kosmo vinyl                                           9417
   Bags                                                   8368
   HoyaSaxa03                                   6966
   Vas Deferens                                   6858
forum stats

So how does a person who hasn't been on the board since 2009 still have the #1 spot?
He's still averaging 4 posts a day?and hasn't posted in 4 years!

^^ is Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer

vansmack

« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2013, 02:21:31 am »

The forum vs Catholic University feud, where Vansmack was doing some detective work on who was posting.

Totally forgot about that.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2013, 08:47:19 am »
It was Murder City Devils where the band walked off the stage...  I managed to find this description of it. 

"At one memorable concert, 25 minutes into the first set, the security staff at the 9:30 club in Washington, D.C., ejected a concert-goer, saying later that the man had thrown a bottle. The Murder City Devils stopped the concert and refused to play again "until our friend is let back in," according to Joe Heim of the Washington Post. Management refused, and so, after apologizing to the rest of the 300-plus crowd, the band packed up their instruments and left. Moody explained to Heim afterwards, "the guy was mellow. He wasn?t doing anything and they should have let him stay."

T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2013, 08:49:19 am »
The forum vs Catholic University feud, where Vansmack was doing some detective work on who was posting.

im guessing I was gone for this? Details?

The exact details are a bit fuzzy, not exactly sure what sparked it but it was over abortion.  And that smackie ended up finding some pretty specific poster info.
T.Rex

atomic

« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2013, 11:26:30 am »
Other Epic Threads

The kid who was ejected from a Dream Theater show for dropping a cup with ice in it from the balcony into a trashcan near the soundboard.  Who later created another profile and started posting as his dad.

The show where some band refused to play the rest of their set, because someone was ejected for "rolling" a bottle on stage and wasn't allowed back in. Which became even more epic because the band didn't get paid for not playing all of  their contractually obligated set length.  I believe the thread was along "Tonight the heart of kids was destroyed".  Murder City Devils possibly?

The meltdown when The Walkmen had sound issues at the start of their set, even Twangirl had to weigh in on that one.

The reaction to the less than positive Post review of the first Arcade Fire show.

The forum vs DCist feud, started over them posting presale codes on their blog.

Interesting.  Sad that I missed out on all the fun threads.  On the Arcade Fire thing: who reads show reviews? I don't think there could be possibly anything more boring.  As Arcade Fire is the greatest live band in the world (well after Muse) hopefully the author has been fired by now.

atomic

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2013, 11:27:49 am »

im guessing I was gone for this? Details?

The exact details are a bit fuzzy, not exactly sure what sparked it but it was over abortion.  And that smackie ended up finding some pretty specific poster info.

Smacky is pro or anti-abortion? Not that it matters, I guess. I have recently become anti-abortion after realizing that we need more people to support me when I reach social security age. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2013, 12:02:32 pm »
VISIT DOOMLINK
LVMH

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2013, 12:16:04 pm »
snape kills dumbledore

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2013, 12:16:24 pm »
flawd is probably my fave poster of all time.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2013, 12:16:32 pm »
im proud of many things since ive been here . . . being openly gay, oh who am i kidding, being overly opening gay, the overuse of cat pictures, the overuse of commas, meeting nkotb, having a friendship with a person who usually we dont see eye to eye (you know who).

Yada

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2013, 12:18:29 pm »
im proud of many things since ive been here . . . being openly gay, oh who am i kidding, being overly opening gay, the overuse of cat pictures, the overuse of commas, meeting nkotb, having a friendship with a person who usually we dont see eye to eye (you know who).

for all we know, you're just an online character...like anusfront.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 12:25:24 pm by Yada »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2013, 12:20:36 pm »
for all i know, this is all a dream . . . or a snow globe, like in saint elsewhere

vansmack

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2013, 12:34:20 pm »
My bad.

27>34

vansmack

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2013, 12:35:30 pm »
flawd is probably my fave poster of all time.

snape kills dumbledore

I, too, miss that kid.  And I use that quote all the time...
27>34