Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612109 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #1680 on: January 14, 2022, 12:45:34 pm »
Timothy Olyphant Set for Justified Sequel Series Set in Detroit, Inspired by Elmore Leonard’s City Primeval

https://twitter.com/michaelausiello/status/1482020006670082050?s=21
T.Rex

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1681 on: January 14, 2022, 12:50:20 pm »
Timothy Olyphant Set for Justified Sequel Series Set in Detroit, Inspired by Elmore Leonard’s City Primeval

Oh wow. I'll give it a try but Walter Goggins was half of the appeal of Justified.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1682 on: January 14, 2022, 01:26:51 pm »

Oh wow. I'll give it a try but Walter Goggins was half of the appeal of Justified.

Hey John Boy, it's WalTON Goggins.

Space Freely

« Reply #1683 on: January 14, 2022, 01:55:26 pm »
Joe Pera Talks With You

My new favorite show.

vansmack

« Reply #1684 on: January 14, 2022, 02:09:19 pm »
Will someone please tell my wife qnd daughter that Euphoria os not appropriate for 14 year olds? Hell i watched one episode and didn't think it was appropriate for 54 year olds.

Cheer season 2 was released.
27>34

« Reply #1685 on: January 14, 2022, 02:17:50 pm »

Hey John Boy, it's WalTON Goggins.
I have called this guy Walter Goggins (ignorantly) at least a hundred times and you're the first person to correct me.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1686 on: January 14, 2022, 03:37:40 pm »
Will someone please tell my wife qnd daughter that Euphoria os not appropriate for 14 year olds? Hell i watched one episode and didn't think it was appropriate for 54 year olds.

Cheer season 2 was released.

Are you suggesting they watch it, or I watch it? I backgrounded the first season, which was ok. I tried watching the first episode of Season 2 while on the stationary bike. It was so bad I turned it off.

They are enjoying the new Sex in the City show and Emily in Paris currently.

Space Freely

« Reply #1687 on: January 27, 2022, 10:17:08 am »
Is Ozark any good?

« Reply #1688 on: January 27, 2022, 10:27:37 am »
Is Ozark any good?
Everyone says yes but I couldn't get into it for the life of me.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #1689 on: January 27, 2022, 10:39:51 am »
Is Ozark any good?

It's so unrealistic... but I think it's definitely worth a binge.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1690 on: January 27, 2022, 11:35:54 am »
Mark Hammill spent yesterday singing the praises of the CBS version of Ghosts cast on twitter

the show consistently gets better with each episode.. just ignore anyone who had seen the UK version and criticized it after two episodes because they ruined another British show.. yes the first episodes were a bit rough and even we had our doubts... but very glad we stuck with it.

also we are enjoying very much Abbott Elementary (ABC) and Grand Crew (NBC) and on Hulu
T.Rex

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1691 on: January 27, 2022, 11:37:57 am »
Mark Hammill spent yesterday singing the praises of the CBS version of Ghosts cast on twitter

the show consistently gets better with each episode.. just ignore anyone who had seen the UK version and criticized it after two episodes because they ruined another British show.. yes the first episodes were a bit rough and even we had our doubts... but very glad we stuck with it.

also we are enjoying very much Abbott Elementary (ABC) and Grand Crew (NBC) and on Hulu

I gave up on Ghosts after 4 episodes, and LOVE Ozark.

« Reply #1692 on: January 27, 2022, 11:49:29 am »
Is Ozark any good?

I just feel like it's shitty Breaking Bad or diet Sopranos. Like we've seen this done so much better by other shows.

If you're going to try to do a male-anti-hero-living-in-a-world-of-crimes show and you aren't capable of topping what is already out there or putting some super unique stylistic spin on it, you need to go wildly in the other direction and be just openly comically unrealistic, a la Yellowstone. Like I can acknowledge Ozark is better than Yellowstone but it's also still not particularly good, interesting, or unique and Yellowstone, via not really trying, is at least one of those things to me.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 11:52:17 am by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1693 on: January 27, 2022, 12:31:42 pm »
Is Ozark any good?

I just feel like it's shitty Breaking Bad or diet Sopranos. Like we've seen this done so much better by other shows.

If you're going to try to do a male-anti-hero-living-in-a-world-of-crimes show and you aren't capable of topping what is already out there or putting some super unique stylistic spin on it, you need to go wildly in the other direction and be just openly comically unrealistic, a la Yellowstone. Like I can acknowledge Ozark is better than Yellowstone but it's also still not particularly good, interesting, or unique and Yellowstone, via not really trying, is at least one of those things to me.

I know not seeing something has hever stopped me from reviewing something before...but this is exactly how i think i'll feel about this show. And it's four seasons. If it was a single season, I'd be more inclined to give it a try. But an hour long drama needs to be damn good to invest the time it take to watch four seasons of an hour long show. I can only think of a handful of shows in the last 20 years that I've done that with (Lost, Breaking Bad, Justified, Homeland, Homicide, the Americans, Handmaid's Tale (though the 4th season was pretty bad.) And then, I think on all of those shows, I watched them more as they were being released, not after the series was over.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1694 on: January 27, 2022, 01:39:54 pm »
I know not seeing something has hever stopped me from reviewing something before...but this is exactly how i think i'll feel about this show.

this is the most Space thing to have ever Spaced in all of space.
<sig>