Author Topic: Is there a good store in the area to buy baby stuff  (Read 24569 times)

atomic

Is there a good store in the area to buy baby stuff
« on: March 04, 2014, 05:26:31 pm »
Are there any quality stores in the area to buy baby stuff like Cribs and Strollers and stuff like that?   

Yada

Re: Is there a good store in the area to buy baby stuff
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 05:28:24 pm »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 05:51:30 pm »
No.  All the specialty stores are overpriced.  Just go to costco or target.

http://www.buybuybaby.com/
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:53:04 pm by grateful »

atomic

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 05:58:26 pm »

So there is a buy buy baby store in Rockville.  They seem to have a lot of stuff online,  I wonder if their stores have as much stuff.  I am not worried so much about cost.   More concerned about seeing stuff in person. 

Yada

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 06:09:28 pm »

So there is a buy buy baby store in Rockville.  They seem to have a lot of stuff online,  I wonder if their stores have as much stuff.  I am not worried so much about cost.   More concerned about seeing stuff in person. 

Their store is a bit overwhelming.  The first time we went in, we never made it out of the stroller aisle.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 06:34:08 pm »
Yes, there's a huge amount of stuff.  And they play the right music and make it smell right and suck you in with lots of cute baby stuff that you don't need but will end up buying if you're prone to that kind of thing. 

Relaxer

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 06:48:53 pm »
Just go to Babies'r'Us
oword

ggw

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 07:11:11 pm »

That's a great store if you are looking for Chinese-made particle board furniture full of kid-friendly stuff like formaldehyde and melamine (not to be confused with methylamine).

James Ford

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 07:26:23 pm »
We never used a crib and very seldom used any stroller other than a jogging stroller.

I suggest a shared bed or co-sleeper and then later a futon mattress as better alternatives to cribs.And Baby Bjorns or other slings as much more convenient and nurturing alternatives to strollers.

You can get all of those items new online. Better yet, you can probably find them in good shape used for a fraction of the cost on Craigslist.

You're welcome.

atomic

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 09:25:34 pm »
Just go to Babies'r'Us

Everything there looked super low quality and flimsy.

atomic

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 09:26:54 pm »
We never used a crib and very seldom used any stroller other than a jogging stroller.

I suggest a shared bed or co-sleeper and then later a futon mattress as better alternatives to cribs.And Baby Bjorns or other slings as much more convenient and nurturing alternatives to strollers.

You can get all of those items new online. Better yet, you can probably find them in good shape used for a fraction of the cost on Craigslist.

You're welcome.

We aren't a bunch of hippies.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 09:29:03 pm »
what are you going to do when a dingo . . . eats your baby?

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 10:45:27 pm »
Just go to Babies'r'Us

Everything there looked super low quality and flimsy.
because it is.  go with solid wood and untreated for your crib. cheap mattresses off gas tons of chemicals too.  Sucks to drop cash on this stuff, but it's important.  Unlike bigscreen TVs and European cars
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 11:06:50 am »

You're welcome.

I wonder what you would have told him if he had actually asked for parenting advice.  Maybe "go to ikea"?  Seems like you have your answers and your questions sorted incorrectly.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 11:14:55 am »
have a baby . . . wait eighteen years . . . they become this:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/04/justice/student-sues-parents-new-jersey/

enjoy.