Author Topic: Three Bands/Artists You Regret Never Seeing In Concert  (Read 23496 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Three Bands/Artists You Regret Never Seeing In Concert
« on: June 18, 2014, 08:21:19 am »
I am listing only performers that I easily could have seen perform.  Picked the first three that i thought of.

FZ
RATM
Johnny Cash
FUKIT

Re: Three Bands/Artists You Regret Never Seeing In Concert
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 08:47:33 am »
The Clash
The Replacements (although looks like it might be a possibility)
Van Halen
slack

Yada

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 08:55:58 am »
I am listing only performers that I easily could have seen perform.  Picked the first three that i thought of.

FZ
RATM
Johnny Cash

Are these meant to be bands that I could see and just haven't yet or bands from a different generation that due to my age I missed the boat?

James Ford

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 08:57:33 am »
Billie Holliday
Hank Williams
John Coltrane

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 09:09:44 am »

FZ
RATM
Johnny Cash

Are these meant to be bands that I could see and just haven't yet or bands from a different generation that due to my age I missed the boat?

My concept was actually neither, moreso I was listing bands that I had least theoretically had the opportunity to see but because of death or band break up will never see. 
FUKIT

Yada

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 09:12:53 am »

FZ
RATM
Johnny Cash

My concept was actually neither, moreso I was listing bands that I had least theoretically had the opportunity to see but because of death or band break up will never see. 

Gotcha... well, if a band is still playing or has been playing in the past 20 years, I've probably seen most that I've wanted to see. Due to my youth and good looks, I've missed dozens of bands from the 50's through the 70's.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 09:17:37 am »

FZ
RATM
Johnny Cash

Gotcha... well, if a band is still playing or has been playing in the past 20 years, I've probably seen most that I've wanted to see. Due to my youth and good looks, I've missed dozens of bands from the 50's through the 70's.

My first concert ever was Crosby Stills Nash and Young at Foreman Field (ODU) in the 70s, that is if you don't count a Barbie Benton right to life concert at the Lincoln Memorial when I was still sentenced to catholic school so I could have probably seen most of the 50s - 70s acts, but you do have me on the good looking part.
FUKIT

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 10:43:34 am »
Clash
Bob Marley
Led Zeppelin (maybe)

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 10:55:43 am »
rem
the knife
grateful dead (with jerry)

Yada

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 11:06:14 am »
rem
the knife
grateful dead (with jerry)

Obviously, brah... why else would you see the Dead?

Definitely on my list as well or some late 70's JGB.

atomic

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 11:29:05 am »
1) Smiths - 1986 was outside George Washington and the cheapest ticket anyone was selling was 35 bucks and I thought it was too much.

2) U2 - 1984 went to ticketmaster at the end of the day instead of the in the morning when they played Constitution Hall.  If I went first thing I would have gotten tickets.  Tickets to expensive these days. 

3) Minor Threat - They broke up right before I got into hardcore.

lagas

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 11:33:40 am »
Bowie
zorra

hutch

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 11:49:19 am »
Sinatra
Garcia
Domino (I tried.. he bailed on Jazz Fest the year I went down)

emmanuel

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 11:56:21 am »
I regret not seeing those in person but I'm not sure it would have been "top" concerts in their late years (well Joao is still alive of course)

Joao Gilberto
Johnny Cash
Serge Gainsbourg

The indie band (or musical experience in the last 15 years) that I most regret never seeing is Rachel's

and I guess nothing could beat Velvet Underground in 1967, although it is not like I could have been there.

stevewizzle

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 12:38:52 pm »
a couple of recent bands stick out to me... i've either had work commitments, travel, show conflicts, or simply i couldn't get tickets. hopefully i'll have another chance over the next few years to cross some of these off the list.

swans
the walkmen
radiohead
daft punk
the war on drugs