Author Topic: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)  (Read 285448 times)

Bagley

Re: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)
« Reply #735 on: May 12, 2020, 11:19:19 am »
The really terrible thing is American parents are raising a generation of brats and assholes...we are already seeing this in the millennials

The focus on “whatever the kid wants he gets” and “what matters is the kid is happy” is pretty inane

all the kids get a trophy in our entitled world

« Reply #736 on: May 12, 2020, 11:26:52 am »
I don't know who K8 is, other than the childless woman who occasionally mocks people with kids.
I must have been absent that day.
two things
1. K8 is great and wish she post more...being one of the few female posters here
2. There is some truth to space's accusation, but it more along the lines "this is why I would never have kids" after someone retelling a sordid tale of parenthood and emasculation
slack

« Reply #737 on: May 12, 2020, 11:32:24 am »
I begged my kid every day for a week to make her mother a Mother's Day card, and she refused. Then on Mother's Day, after not making a card and not wishing her mom a Happy Mother's Day and being on her phone watching fucking Tik Tok videos all day, and not doing an ounce of chores her whole life, she starts demanding 20 dollars from he mother.
Hmm...could your kid and my kid be the same demon spawn?
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #738 on: May 12, 2020, 12:36:14 pm »
Should we take this to the aphex twin thread?

i don't get the link/relation between demon spawn and aphex twin... other than i have twins, and they are demon spawn, and i'm sure if i tried hard enough i could somehow incorporate "aphex" into the equation (even though they are a producer of professional audio equipment, so it will be something of a stretch, but for this group i'm willing to put in the work to make it work).

don't get me wrong, i fully support the non-sequitur... i just don't understand it.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #739 on: May 12, 2020, 12:43:37 pm »
Its a reference to this, from Space's link from 2014.  Also, I have twins, having nothing to do with Aphex.

Is there a parenting thread we can move this to? And smackie stop bogarting the popcorn

We could move it to the aphex twin thread.  That thread seems pretty empty.

Space Freely

« Reply #740 on: May 12, 2020, 01:00:47 pm »
Its a reference to this, from Space's link from 2014.  Also, I have twins, having nothing to do with Aphex.

Is there a parenting thread we can move this to? And smackie stop bogarting the popcorn

We could move it to the aphex twin thread.  That thread seems pretty empty.

I got your reference, it made perfect sense to me. I was grateful you brought it up.

It's weird how many people I know or at least know of who have twins. Former (early 2000's) board regulars Markie and Poorlulu also have twins.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #741 on: May 12, 2020, 01:20:34 pm »
Former (early 2000's) board regulars Markie and Poorlulu also have twins.
Honestly never knew they were a couple before right now.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #742 on: May 12, 2020, 01:20:54 pm »
for the record, our twin monsters were natural... no IVF/hormones/medical intervention involved. 

my wife blames a dodgy salad bar at Toronto International, but i'm pretty sure that doesn't count as a medical procedure.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #743 on: May 13, 2020, 11:12:23 am »
New order - PSB tour pushed to September 2021

It’s asking a lot to have me hold on to tickets for a year and a half..I think it’s like $250

I may seek a refund...will have to explore

hutch

« Reply #744 on: May 13, 2020, 02:32:34 pm »
DC mayor extends stay at home order until June 8

hutch

« Reply #745 on: May 14, 2020, 01:14:57 pm »
Ween June and  July dates moved to 2021

« Reply #746 on: May 14, 2020, 01:45:08 pm »
Jules is going to be pissed!
slack

« Reply #747 on: May 14, 2020, 02:01:55 pm »
The only thing that can raise my spirits is a trip to Takoma Wellness, DC’s family-owned medical marijuana dispensary. I don’t even need to partake in their top-of-the-line THC and CBD offerings, just enjoy a welcoming smile from the most friendly and knowledgeable staff in the District. 6925 Blair Road NW; open until 7 during the week, 5pm on the weekends.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 02:03:55 pm by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

« Reply #748 on: May 14, 2020, 02:07:10 pm »
The only thing that can raise my spirits is a trip to Takoma Wellness, DC’s family-owned medical marijuana dispensary. I don’t even need to partake in their top-of-the-line THC and CBD offerings, just enjoy a welcoming smile from the most friendly and knowledgeable staff in the District. 6925 Blair Road NW; open until 7 during the week, 5pm on the weekends.
why travel that far...with Dr's orders you can be going GreanLeaf Richmond https://www.gleaf.com/virginia/
Green Leaf Medical is excited to begin serving patients in Richmond, Virginia. (may have to wait until October of 2020. )
slack

« Reply #749 on: May 14, 2020, 02:15:13 pm »
why travel that far...with Dr's orders you can be going GreanLeaf Richmond https://www.gleaf.com/virginia/
Green Leaf Medical is excited to begin serving patients in Richmond, Virginia. (may have to wait until October of 2020. )
Great question. I’ll start a Takoma Wellness MEGATHREAD to highlight all the reasons they’re superior to other medical marijuana dispensaries.
LVMH