Author Topic: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)  (Read 285257 times)

Space Freely

Re: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)
« Reply #720 on: May 12, 2020, 10:13:28 am »
You can’t be serious

That's the response I got at home when I was saying I plan to drive to visit my family in July and still have hopes of going on a road trip vacation in mid-August, and that I was missing being around my co-workers in an office environment, and missing other things like grabbing a beer after work or going to a concert now and then.

Maybe the person who said it to me wasn't serious.

Space Freely

« Reply #721 on: May 12, 2020, 10:14:37 am »
You can’t be serious

I've noticed that Space is a dick to K8 basically every time she posts... Quite telling.

I don't know who K8 is, other than the childless woman who occasionally mocks people with kids. But that's her choice, no skin off my back.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #722 on: May 12, 2020, 10:15:53 am »
I don't know who K8 is, other than the childless woman who occasionally mocks people with kids.
I must have been absent that day.
LVMH

« Reply #723 on: May 12, 2020, 10:18:33 am »
That's the response I got at home when I was saying I plan to drive to visit my family in July and still have hopes of going on a road trip vacation in mid-August, and that I was missing being around my co-workers in an office environment, and missing other things like grabbing a beer after work or going to a concert now and then.

Maybe the person who said it to me wasn't serious.
You do know someone can be dick to you and you are not required to then be a dick to someone else, right?
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #724 on: May 12, 2020, 10:19:54 am »
You can’t be serious Space

She is super nice

I get you’re struggling with the great sacrifice you are making by working your taxpayer funded job from home but  please get it together cause you are making an even bigger ass of yourself than usual

Yada

« Reply #725 on: May 12, 2020, 10:21:25 am »
You can’t be serious Space

She is super nice

I get you’re struggling with the great sacrifice you are making by working your taxpayer funded job from home but  please get it together cause you are making an even bigger ass of yourself than usual

"but but but... she really hurt my feelings when I mentioned my seven vacations and me hauling my teenager to a dozen breweries" - Sensitive Space

Space Freely

« Reply #726 on: May 12, 2020, 10:25:15 am »
I don't know who K8 is, other than the childless woman who occasionally mocks people with kids.

April 10, 2014.

https://forum.930.com/index.php?topic=13036.msg384307#msg384307

Yada

« Reply #727 on: May 12, 2020, 10:27:30 am »

April 10, 2014.

Weird... Creepy... Strange.

Also, James Ford, atomic, wizzle... what a trifecta.

hutch

« Reply #728 on: May 12, 2020, 10:33:00 am »
I have kids and I often find myself wondering what is it about people that makes them think anyone else would care about their bratty spawn... or why anyone else should be subjected to them?

There is a certain passive aggressiveness to parents when it comes to their kids..like “Hey I got kids so I and my kids get to be assholes, deal” and “Hey my kids shit don’t stink”

The reality is most people’s kids are as ugly as their parents and no I don’t want them at parties and no I don’t particularly love seeing Facebook posts about your kids and how great and wonderful they are

I definitely don’t identify with most American parents and don’t want to be like them...they are kind of gross actually as if being a parent gives them that license they always craved to be selfish and self centered
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 10:37:49 am by hutch »

« Reply #729 on: May 12, 2020, 10:42:34 am »

April 10, 2014.

Holy shit, she once said 6 years ago that someone’s (not even yours — just someone’s) children were misbehaved. This changes everything. #K8teebugGate
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 10:44:38 am by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #730 on: May 12, 2020, 10:45:17 am »
The really terrible thing is American parents are raising a generation of brats and assholes...we are already seeing this in the millennials

The focus on “whatever the kid wants he gets” and “what matters is the kid is happy” is pretty inane

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #731 on: May 12, 2020, 10:53:12 am »

April 10, 2014.

Holy shit, she once said 6 years ago that someone’s (not even yours — just someone’s) children were misbehaved. This changes everything. #K8teebugGate

Do you think Space will ever realize that we're all the same person posting under different accounts?

Space Freely

« Reply #732 on: May 12, 2020, 10:53:45 am »
First off, I wasn't purposely targeting K8; I could have been replying to anyone.

I miss my old life. With K8, I actually was in agreement. Apologies to her, i wasn't targeting her specifically. As I said, I was just posting the response I got from home from my wife, who actually seems to be reveling in this new world where your house is your office and your soul source of entertainment and you don't have to be around other people. If you're missing your entertainment options, just instead be happy moving the furniture around and repairing and fixing up things. Like that somehow takes the place of the things I (and K8, and others) am missing.

Regarding kids: I think it's the childless people who are usually the snotty one. At least on internet message boards. There are plenty of places that are 18+ or 21+, as well as their houses that are child-free. If you want to be in a place where there are no kids, there are plenty of options. If a business chooses to allow kids, deal with it.

Look at places like Italy or Spain. We should be emulating kid-friendly countries like where kids are integrated into things more. Not having animosity toward families.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #733 on: May 12, 2020, 10:55:37 am »
Should we take this to the aphex twin thread?

Space Freely

« Reply #734 on: May 12, 2020, 10:59:13 am »
The really terrible thing is American parents are raising a generation of brats and assholes...we are already seeing this in the millennials

The focus on “whatever the kid wants he gets” and “what matters is the kid is happy” is pretty inane

This I agree with but it's completely separate from the argument that happened six years ago.

I begged my kid every day for a week to make her mother a Mother's Day card, and she refused. Then on Mother's Day, after not making a card and not wishing her mom a Happy Mother's Day and being on her phone watching fucking Tik Tok videos all day, and not doing an ounce of chores her whole life, she starts demanding 20 dollars from he mother.