Author Topic: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)  (Read 273496 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)
« Reply #270 on: November 10, 2017, 10:52:09 am »
Louis CK is possibly the least-surprising celebrity to get caught up in one of these things. You can just look at the guy and know he's a dirt grub.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #271 on: November 10, 2017, 11:00:34 am »
I just dont get the fun of whipping it out and jerkin off in front of women...did not realize it was a thing

« Reply #272 on: November 10, 2017, 11:18:20 am »
I just dont get the fun of whipping it out and jerkin off in front of women...did not realize it was a thing
yeah, it's not assault... but fuck if that is not freaking disgusting and disturbing
If I were a woman and a guy did that...I would just kick him in the fucking dick and leave

I agree with Julian, totally not unexpected from him, did think he was a little better of a human being, but alas that's half his shtick

he was really on a roll the last few years...end of that

I don't think the men caught up in some of this are going to recover and be forgiven
time to break out the pussy hats again

slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #273 on: November 10, 2017, 12:46:20 pm »
yeah, it's not assault... but fuck if that is not freaking disgusting and disturbing
If I were a woman and a guy did that...I would just kick him in the fucking dick and leave

I agree with Julian, totally not unexpected from him, did think he was a little better of a human being, but alas that's half his shtick

he was really on a roll the last few years...end of that

I don't think the men caught up in some of this are going to recover and be forgiven
time to break out the pussy hats again

very upsetting to hear about L.CK. He seemed so self aware of his own grossness, weirdness, and of the struggles women face, and yet still did this and thought it would just be buried or excused because of his fame?

As to public wanking being a thing, it is a longstanding awful thing on the subways in NYC and even on DC Metro.

Space Freely

« Reply #274 on: November 10, 2017, 02:33:41 pm »
If a homely middle aged woman pulled down her pants and started masturbating in front of me with no threat of touching me back when i was a sexy young thing, I'da probably been ok with it.

« Reply #275 on: November 10, 2017, 02:56:31 pm »
If a homely middle aged woman pulled down her pants and started masturbating in front of me with no threat of touching me back when i was a sexy young thing, I'da probably been ok with it.
what if she was your boss or someone that had something to do with your career
I think you would have been disgusted by this and reported her right away

when i was a sexy young thing
julian ...can you confirm this
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #276 on: November 10, 2017, 02:58:42 pm »
when i was a sexy young thing
julian ...can you confirm this
Unable to confirm.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #277 on: November 10, 2017, 07:09:18 pm »

it absolutely is assault.  sexual assault doesn't need to be physical.

for anyone looking to understand this behavior: Why Men Force Women to Watch Them Masturbate

but you're not a woman... men are often bigger/heavier/stronger, so resorting to violence is rarely an option.  but as the above article points out, the creep depends on his victims being scared, humiliated, etc.  if the victim manages to stand up to the creep, he loses all power.

i can imagine that a woman in that situation is thinking "i'm about to be raped."  she has no idea what will happen next.  what a horrible, horrible situation to be put in.

if there is no power dynamic, then maybe.  but what is that was the dean of your school?  your boss, at annual evaluation time?

what if it was a man, bigger and stronger than you, who has power over you, who does this to you?  you can't run and tell on him, he's respected and people will believe him vs. you in a "he said, he said" situation.  you're stuck.  now what?  the best you can probably do is run away, say nothing, and hope the memory of that scarring powerlessness doesn't haunt you forever.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 07:20:27 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

« Reply #278 on: November 11, 2017, 02:17:42 pm »

it absolutely is assault.  sexual assault doesn't need to be physical.
Ok, I'm walking back on this statement
I agree with the power thing, but I feel the line is bigger when you physically touch/rape someone
but it's just a different shade of sexual assault and until I reread this I didn't think of it that way

I still think that a woman should kick him in the dick, talk about poor defensive position

also have you seen this...NYtimes is doing a running list of men who are getting outed in the last month
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/11/10/us/men-accused-sexual-misconduct-weinstein.html
Here is a list of such cases that have been brought to public attention since the Weinstein scandal broke on Oct. 5. We’ll update this list periodically as we get new information.
also just heard that Takei is now getting caught up in this

if this had only happened this time last year....we might have had Hil as the commander in cheif
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 02:19:33 pm by Brother Love Hatch🚀🚀🚀🚀 »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #279 on: November 11, 2017, 02:46:18 pm »
what if she was your boss or someone that had something to do with your career
I think you would have been disgusted by this and reported her right away

Well yeah, that's different.

Space Freely

« Reply #280 on: November 11, 2017, 03:00:34 pm »
In hindsight, wouldn't the best response to Louie's actions have been to either a) pretend he was turning you on or b) laugh at him and belittle him? Either way, you're talking away the power.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 03:28:31 pm by Space Freely »

hutch

« Reply #281 on: November 11, 2017, 04:30:01 pm »
I dont think you understand the concept of power here...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #282 on: November 21, 2017, 01:36:12 am »
so the other day, with the news that Franken is also a sleeze, i asked myself how could this scandal be taken to the next level.  and by next level, i mean lower, grosser, more disgusting.

the obvious answer is to have a beloved public figure (charlie rose?!?) be dragged in.  but that's too obvious.

but i didn't need to supply the answer - morrissey did.

Morrissey Defends Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey, Attacks Multiculturalism

fucking.  hell.

Well he has written some really great songs.

see you at the show?
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #283 on: November 21, 2017, 09:17:00 am »
Hope it is not cancelled on him

Space Freely

« Reply #284 on: November 21, 2017, 10:14:39 am »
I agree with this statement and because I agree it does not make me a racist.

Morrissey: Okay, let's talk about multiculturalism. I want Germany to be German. I want France to be French. If you try to make everything multicultural, you will not have any culture in the end. All European countries have fought for their identity for many, many years. And now they just throw it away. I think that's sad.