Author Topic: David Bowie Is...  (Read 112697 times)

hutch

Re: David Bowie Is...
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2016, 03:03:38 pm »

« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2016, 03:37:27 pm »
even in his mugshot he looks cool as shit

The above Rochester Police Department mug shot was taken three days after Bowie's arrest, when the performer appeared at City Court for arraignment.

is it me or is that an odd way to do it?
Probably was a fan on the RPD and wanted to get a photo
slack

bearman🐻

« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2016, 03:44:12 pm »
What I find odd is that there's a David Bowie mugshot out there, but no Iggy. I mean, that would have to be pretty entertaining to see too.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2016, 05:02:55 pm »
David Bowie's last release, Lazarus, was 'parting gift' for fans in carefully planned finale
The producer of Blackstar confirms David Bowie had planned his poignant final message, and videos and lyrics show how he approached his death
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/12092542/Bowies-last-album-was-parting-gift-for-fans-in-carefully-planned-finale.html

wow.  even in death he's an artist...
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2016, 05:21:57 pm »
David Bowie's last release, Lazarus, was 'parting gift' for fans in carefully planned finale
The producer of Blackstar confirms David Bowie had planned his poignant final message, and videos and lyrics show how he approached his death
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/12092542/Bowies-last-album-was-parting-gift-for-fans-in-carefully-planned-finale.html

wow.  even in death he's an artist...

oh yah.. I thought this was evident..

I can't believe Visconti called Bowie from the Holly Holly show in NYC on Bowies' birthday and the crowd there sang him happy birthday.. .man, how cool would that have been?

I am really looking forward to the Holly Holly show..its going to be a huge Bowie love fest....

Yada

« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2016, 05:34:07 pm »
David Bowie is gone. You've heard by noIt's true. We will never again hear him sing to us. The thought of the loss. To us. We who were moved- changed by his ways. Those of us who can't help but cry when music reaches the most tender, unguarded spot in our hearts.
 I am angry, for our man was snatched from us tonight.

Honesty has everything to do with great music. When you listen to a singer, the vulnerability, the bravery it took to reveal their very special soul. It's like being able to communicate with an alien, or a tiger. Tickle his chin. Pet him.

We were aloud to dance with him. He was so beautiful. You'll not find another man with such beauty and calmness. I so enjoyed putting on his music and singing along, adding harmony to his sexy scarey world. It was a privilege to witness such cool. I placed him on a godlike level. His grace on the stage was spellbinding, effortless. Music cowritten with angels.. Along with John Lennon, the two most inspiring men of my lifetime. When I first started singing, I would rent out a small room with a PA, and a mic. I would put on Bowie recordings; the early ones- like Ziggy and try to sing along. It was so hard. I would try and reach his high notes- glad at that moment that no one could hear me screeching along to the music.

Can someone bring him back to life? Where is that prize winning scientist when you need him most? What could be more important? I'll bet someone out there would pay a billion dollars to have him sing again. One more time. If I had the money- I would pay it gladly. We so painfully miss you David Bowie.

- Perry Farrell

(if you don't already follow him on social media, he's pretty interesting)

Relaxer

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2016, 05:40:52 pm »
Photo taken Friday, last one ever:

oword

Relaxer

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2016, 05:44:54 pm »
Also, I love Perry Farrell, and JA is one of my top 5 bands of all time. But I found that tribute annoying.

I thought this, however, was great:

oword

« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2016, 05:50:10 pm »

That last photo is awesome!
also I too thought most of Perry's post to be annoying...there was some good stuff in there tho
slack

hutch

« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2016, 05:51:40 pm »
Also, I love Perry Farrell, and JA is one of my top 5 bands of all time. But I found that tribute annoying.

I thought this, however, was great:

wow that is good..

Relaxer

« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2016, 06:00:27 pm »
I don't know why, but this photo that Pitchfork used really struck me. It's like, despite the near mythic life of unbelievable creation and adventure and decadence and exploration, in the end, he was still just a dude.

oword

Yada

« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2016, 06:03:43 pm »
Photo taken Friday, last one ever:

doesn't look like a dying man...

and Perry is a bit hippy dippy, but he posts some weird shit (similar to a walk,y post).

killsaly

« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2016, 06:13:11 pm »
(from clickhole)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2016, 07:53:38 pm »
So in this clip Bowie 15 years ago predicts the impact of the Internet on music...

https://www.facebook.com/FACTmagazine/videos/10153819928364687/?fref=nf

Here is the full length interview from BBC newsnight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiK7s_0tGsg
T.Rex

dyecraig

« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2016, 08:09:05 pm »
done moping - it's time to listen to "my sinatra" - hope to see you at the birchmere thursday night.