Author Topic: David Bowie Is...  (Read 112736 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: David Bowie Is...
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2016, 09:06:46 pm »
Photo taken Friday, last one ever:

Man, for some bizarre reason that put a smile on my face. Dude went out in his terms. That's Bowie through and through.
LVMH

dyecraig

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2016, 11:04:32 pm »
watching the blackstar and lazarus videos tonight again. 
i detect a story line. 
may there be more to come?
damn that is powerful stuff.

« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2016, 11:08:17 pm »
I don't know why, but this photo that Pitchfork used really struck me. It's like, despite the near mythic life of unbelievable creation and adventure and decadence and exploration, in the end, he was still just a dude.

well said and I agree
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2016, 10:11:29 am »
I also well appreciate that fashion icon David Bowie would be photographed in a perfectly tailored suit with the bottom button on his jacket buttoned

Don't ask him for fucks because he got none to give
oword

bearman🐻

« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2016, 10:18:56 am »
I also well appreciate that fashion icon David Bowie would be photographed in a perfectly tailored suit with the bottom button on his jacket buttoned

YES!!!

Space Freely

« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2016, 10:21:33 am »

No idea what you're getting at but it sounds very metrosexual.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2016, 10:26:12 am »

No idea what you're getting at but it sounds very metrosexual.
A gentleman never buttons the bottom button on a suit coat in polite society.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2016, 10:30:51 am »
He left doing as he did in life - pushing musical boundaries, pushing his listener out of their comfort zone.

For him it's always been about the music, making music, creating music, never about him.

I'm guessing the mindset behind the decision to fight cancer in secret was that if he publicised his illness (he was fighting cancer for 18 months) then he wouldn't have been able to release anything without it being about him and his 'battle' instead of the music, & that's what he was all about - time and time again forging new musical paths for the world to walk.

He has an 'In my own words' DVD set to be released on the 22nd, I'm guessing he knew he'd be gone by then. Facing your own mortality like that takes a certain strength of character that I really don't think many people have - I've briefly been there, it almost broke me.

I have nothing but huge respect for him and the way he chose to live out the last of his life for his fans.

^ nice.
<sig>

slappy

« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2016, 11:19:09 am »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2016, 01:02:36 pm »
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2016, 07:29:39 pm »
the most interesting line is "Where the fuck did Monday go?"

He died on Sunday.

hutch

« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2016, 07:35:30 pm »
given how well he looks in the picture this obviously begs a question but I don't feel like talking about it..

Loving the new album.. I can't help but feel it hits a lot harder in the context of his death... I happen to think that is what Bowie- ever the performance artist- intended so its ok..

killsaly

« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2016, 07:43:23 pm »

« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2016, 10:57:22 pm »

cool poster
really am exited for the Holy Holy show as how much better of a tribute could be to spend it with the men who were integral parts of some of his greatest work

slack

« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2016, 03:23:06 pm »
The Roots, Mountain Goats, Cyndi Lauper, Perry Farrell & more playing David Bowie tribute concert at Carnegie Hall

As The NY Times eerily announced about two hours before today's tragic news, Michael Dorf's annual tribute concert at Carnegie Hall will be for the late, great David Bowie this year. The show happens March 31 with The Roots, The Mountain Goats, Cyndi Lauper, Jakob Dylan, Bettye LaVette, Ann Wilson of Heart, Perry Farrell, and "surprise guests." Bowie's longtime producer Tony Visconti is putting the house band together.

Tickets go on sale today (1/11) at 11 AM, and proceeds benefit Young Audiences New York, Little Kids Rock, Church Street School of Music, the Center for Arts Education, the American Symphony Orchestra and Grammy in the Schools.

Bowie's latest album, Blackstar, came out three days ago, on his 69th birthday.

Read tributes from The Mountain Goats, Questlove of The Roots, and Cyndi Lauper, below...

Anyone thinking they have a shot at resale tickets for the sold-out David Bowie tribute concert at famed Carnegie Hall should think again ... they're already going for $3k a pop.

making those nosebleed Adele tix look cheap

the Holy Holy show isn't sold out yet either
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 03:24:40 pm by Sidehatch ★ |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ★ »
slack