Author Topic: David Bowie Is...  (Read 112663 times)

hutch

Re: David Bowie Is...
« Reply #270 on: February 01, 2018, 05:20:02 pm »
Bowie found people over and over again from buckmaster on strings for space oddity to Visconti to ronno to Lou reed to iggy to Lennon to alomar (from James Brown) to Luther vandross to eno to George Murray to Fripp to Belew to Stevie Ray Vaughan so no it is not debatable in my opinion

You are just fixated with ziggy stardust and how he could play guitar (ronno) I get and respect that

« Reply #271 on: April 18, 2018, 09:59:49 am »

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/news/a-david-bowie-installation-is-taking-over-an-nyc-subway-station-041718
The “David Bowie Is” exhibit is well underway at the Brooklyn Museum, but the late Thin White Duke is going to be front and center in Manhattan for the next month. Starting Wednesday, April 18, the Broadway-Lafayette subway station is being taken over by an installation that pays homage to the Starman.

The exhibit doubles as an ad—it’s a collaboration between Spotify and the Brooklyn Museum—and features a collection of Bowie-inspired art, including fan-made works and reproductions of pieces that are part of the museum’s exhibit. Straphangers can also score limited edition MetroCards at the station, which contain the visage of the Starman himself.

“Each piece of art will be paired with something Bowie has said that speaks to his affection for the city and its impact on his work, giving further insight into the artist’s mindset and methods,” said a spokesperson for the installation.

In true Spotify fashion, each work will contain a code that allows passersby to listen to a curated selection of Bowie’s songs.

The installation will be in place through Sunday, May 13, and the “David Bowie Is” exhibit will be on display at the Brooklyn Museum until Sunday, July 15. The subway exhibit is free to the public (after you swipe in with your MetroCard), and you can score tickets to the full museum exhibit right here.
slack

K8teebug

« Reply #272 on: April 20, 2018, 10:14:04 am »
Anyone else heading up to NYC for the exhibit? I'll be there in two weeks :)

« Reply #273 on: April 20, 2018, 10:51:04 am »
Anyone else heading up to NYC for the exhibit? I'll be there in two weeks :)
I'm tempted as I'm very eager to see this
slack

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #274 on: April 20, 2018, 11:26:16 am »
I'll be in NYC mid May to see Bruce on Broadway (scored $75 tix).  staying in Brooklyn so will try to check this out.

dyecraig

« Reply #275 on: April 20, 2018, 11:55:13 am »
a friend sent me a live LP from berlin '78 and a comp called iselect with some rarities and liner notes by bowie, that you can only pick up at the show.

K8teebug

« Reply #276 on: April 20, 2018, 02:59:07 pm »
I have seen it, and if you like Bowie EVEN A LITTLE BIT, you should not miss this.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #277 on: April 20, 2018, 04:50:07 pm »
I have seen it, and if you like Bowie EVEN A LITTLE BIT, you should not miss this.
How extensive is the exhibit? Considering going but its a haul if I'm just looking at a 30 minute exhibit.
LVMH

« Reply #278 on: April 20, 2018, 04:52:57 pm »
How extensive is the exhibit? Considering going but its a haul if I'm just looking at a 30 minute exhibit.
there is also the metro stop...and FFS it's NYC there are a million things to do
slack

« Reply #279 on: January 03, 2019, 06:07:47 pm »
an app

an augmented reality adaptation of the David Bowie Is museum exhibit that shuttered in July of 2018
slack

dyecraig

« Reply #280 on: January 03, 2019, 06:29:07 pm »
an app

an augmented reality adaptation of the David Bowie Is museum exhibit that shuttered in July of 2018
I wonder if that's 7.99 per month or just once.

hutch

« Reply #281 on: January 03, 2019, 07:04:38 pm »
there is also the metro stop...and FFS it's NYC there are a million things to do

So true...we took the kids up for spring break two years ago and still I am amazed at how much we missed...I may lobby to go again soon...what an absolutely incredible city...

My top cities are Buenos Aires (#1 home if I have one), NYC and Barcelona

I am unfamiliar with Madrid but pretty sure I would love it

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #282 on: January 03, 2019, 07:11:46 pm »
an app

I wonder if that's 7.99 per month or just once.
I read that as a one-time cost.
LVMH

« Reply #283 on: January 08, 2019, 03:04:37 pm »
I've know Hutch for a while....but had no idea!

Hutch's valuable contributions to David's music during the early years are amongst the building blocks of David Bowie's spectacular career.

Found when I heard they were releasing more unreleased bowie

‘Space Oddity (demo – alternative lyrics)’ (with Hutch)
Originally conceived as a song for a duo to perform, this is the first known version to feature ‘Hutch’
slack

« Reply #284 on: March 22, 2019, 06:41:50 am »
slack